+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Students applying for January 2019 intake gather here!

zafarest

Aug 9, 2014
Hello guys, I applied for visa on 10th October with upfront medical, my medical has been passed as indicated in the portal. Medical passed status was updated on 14th oct. status shows "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" . If someone has applied with upfront medical, then after eligibility review directly decision comes ?

zafarest

Aug 9, 2014
@ Fatima Intzar After how many days your medical passed status and Eligibility review status got updated ?

Johnny Ghaddar

Aug 27, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
Nomination.....
25-06-2018
Hello folks,

Is there anyone who applied to M.Eng (ECE) and got accepted ? I could really use some advice as I am an aspiring applicant for Fall 2019. Thanks

mjb90

Nov 12, 2018
Hi Guys,

Thanks for helpful information given throughout this thread. Wanted to discuss my case with you all and discuss what might be good for me to do.

I have around 5 years of good work experience, with a high salary, from Pakistan. I got into the MBA at Ivey Business School (university of western ontario) which is among the top MBAs in Canada. I even got a scholarship from there based on my strong profile.

For my study permit application, I hired a law firm (that charged me quite a bit of money) because I had a few previous visit visa rejections for other countries and I did not want to take any risk (I had never applied to Canada before).

I submitted my complete application on 11th October (with upfront medical exam done), submitted my biometrics on 16th October and got rejected on 24th October.

The reason marked on the rejection letter was that my VO wasn't convinced I would leave Canada at the end of my stay, considering my "purpose of visit".

I applied to get the GCMS notes and they mention that I have a bachelors degree in a related field and have an extensive and high level business experience. It is unclear how I would benefit from this course, and motivation is unclear. Based on evidence provided, my VO wasn't convinced that I had a genuine study purpose in Canada or that I am a genuine visitor who would depart Canada at the end of authorised period of stay (I had addressed all of these questions in my study plan already though).

Would any of you have an idea on what additional documents I can submit to show I am a genuine student? I was thinking about getting some letters of recommendations from my employers, mentioning that I wont be able to progress in my career without a foreign masters now. I have also asked my university if they will be able to send me any additional letter to support my re-application.

My programs starts on 8th March 2019, thats when I have to be there. They dont defer the admission, its kind of a bad situation to be in right now.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
@hussainkestrel bro I’m going for the Malaysia option for the time being so my time isn’t wasted.
But can I transfer from Malaysia to Canada after 1 year?
Do you know anything
Well, technically you can but the visa officer would question two things:

1. Why do you want to transfer to Canada when you are already in a good University in Malaysia? They would think that your primary purpose is to settle rather than study.

2. You already have a rejection from Canada so applying a year late would confirm that there was something wrong with your application and hence you are applying a year late by correcting your errors. So it is always advisable to apply within a reasonable amount of time after your rejection.

Malaysia is a safe option. If the University is better than LUMS or NUST in the respective subject you are going, then by all means go there otherwise Pakistan is way better.

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
@Pakistani_Student bro dont lose hope and work on your Sop and also consult international office of your university.

I have seen on this form that people get approval after multiple attempts.

@Helican
helican bro wrote somewhere that he got approval in third attempt.

So dont lose hope and strike once again.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Hi Guys,

Thanks for helpful information given throughout this thread. Wanted to discuss my case with you all and discuss what might be good for me to do.

I have around 5 years of good work experience, with a high salary, from Pakistan. I got into the MBA at Ivey Business School (university of western ontario) which is among the top MBAs in Canada. I even got a scholarship from there based on my strong profile.

For my study permit application, I hired a law firm (that charged me quite a bit of money) because I had a few previous visit visa rejections for other countries and I did not want to take any risk (I had never applied to Canada before).

I submitted my complete application on 11th October (with upfront medical exam done), submitted my biometrics on 16th October and got rejected on 24th October.

The reason marked on the rejection letter was that my VO wasn't convinced I would leave Canada at the end of my stay, considering my "purpose of visit".

I applied to get the GCMS notes and they mention that I have a bachelors degree in a related field and have an extensive and high level business experience. It is unclear how I would benefit from this course, and motivation is unclear. Based on evidence provided, my VO wasn't convinced that I had a genuine study purpose in Canada or that I am a genuine visitor who would depart Canada at the end of authorised period of stay (I had addressed all of these questions in my study plan already though).

Would any of you have an idea on what additional documents I can submit to show I am a genuine student? I was thinking about getting some letters of recommendations from my employers, mentioning that I wont be able to progress in my career without a foreign masters now. I have also asked my university if they will be able to send me any additional letter to support my re-application.

My programs starts on 8th March 2019, thats when I have to be there. They dont defer the admission, its kind of a bad situation to be in right now.
You have a strong case with scholarship so chances of approval were high. Why dont you ask your law firm to work on your re-application and defend all the refusal reasons?

Reactions: qasim95

Hudaaly

Dec 3, 2017
Hi, I have done A Levels with 2 subjects in 2013 and started ACCA, my 2 acca exams cleared, if i want to apply for study visa now, what would be the procedure?

mjb90

Nov 12, 2018
You have a strong case with scholarship so chances of approval were high. Why dont you ask your law firm to work on your re-application and defend all the refusal reasons?
Thanks @Helican ! I think I am more inclined to re-apply myself this time. I looked at the cover letter written by my lawyer, and I think it left much to be desired for.

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
I got my visa approval today... Thanks to all for helping me out and keeping my hopes high...
Can u please tell us how much time is consumed during visa stamping ?