+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Students applying for January 2019 intake gather here!

Fatima Intzar

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Can you share your profile(complete) again? So I see which uni you went for and stuff.
If you had done it previously please just reply from that.
Qualification: BBA Hons. In Human resources.
Ielts bands: 7.5
University: Kwantlen Polytechnic University Vancouver Canada.
Programme: Post Baccalaureate Diploma in operations and supply chain management.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Thanks @Helican ! I think I am more inclined to re-apply myself this time. I looked at the cover letter written by my lawyer, and I think it left much to be desired for.
yes, do that. Your profile is already strong.

App2college

Nov 15, 2018
For those who have been accepted, how long did it take you to get accepted?

I am a 17 year old who got accepted to University of Saskatchewan for Economics. I have tuition fee+ $20k in the bank account as well as employment letter showing $70k per year salary of my dad. I have a decent travel history too.

I applied on Nov 1 and my program starts at Jan 3, do you think I'll get a visa in time? Anyone else recieved a visa within 2 months?

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
yes, do that. Your profile is already strong.
His profile "seems" strong as he describes his case but sometimes people overlook things that might have become the reason for refusal. He should re-apply but he should go through his entire documents thoroughly before reapplying and who knows, he may find something odd. I have provided him with all the things to look for in his inbox since he asked me there so he has more than enough information to review his case himself.

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
His profile "seems" strong as he describes his case but sometimes people overlook things that might have become the reason for refusal. He should re-apply but he should go through his entire documents thoroughly before reapplying and who knows, he may find something odd. I have provided him with all the things to look for in his inbox since he asked me there so he has more than enough information to review his case himself.
Yeah, there was no need of a lawyer in the first attempt but can understand that most students want to be careful and need professional guidance. There are students with so many fails and still getting their study permit because of good documentation so hopefully he will also get his permit soon.

Naeem_Process

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
I recently received a letter from IRCC with following message:
The following documents are required to continue processing your application:
"LOA: An actual letter of acceptance from the intended educational institution This must be received at this office by 2018/11/29"

I already provided an admission letter (Deferred along with initial admission letter) However I dont understand what's this new requirement. I requested U of Calgary admission team, but repeatedly they are saying that this is the only letter which is already provided and it is standard admission offer letter and they cannot change its working. My admission letter shows only start date of my study means Jan -2019 however, the end date and tuition fee are not mentioned. My degree is MEng and it is a course based program, with per course fee of 1622 CAD/per course with the commitment completion period of two years as mentioned on the website. I am really confused what to do now.

Has any faced this kind of issue, any idea what to do, in case no such document is provided which does not include the end date and fee,

Anyone, who got admission in the University of Calgary, in MEng or MSc.

urgent response needed.

Regards

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
I recently received a letter from IRCC with following message:
The following documents are required to continue processing your application:
"LOA: An actual letter of acceptance from the intended educational institution This must be received at this office by 2018/11/29"

I already provided an admission letter (Deferred along with initial admission letter) However I dont understand what's this new requirement. I requested U of Calgary admission team, but repeatedly they are saying that this is the only letter which is already provided and it is standard admission offer letter and they cannot change its working. My admission letter shows only start date of my study means Jan -2019 however, the end date and tuition fee are not mentioned. My degree is MEng and it is a course based program, with per course fee of 1622 CAD/per course with the commitment completion period of two years as mentioned on the website. I am really confused what to do now.

Has any faced this kind of issue, any idea what to do, in case no such document is provided which does not include the end date and fee,

Anyone, who got admission in the University of Calgary, in MEng or MSc.

urgent response needed.

Regards
I have reapplied for visa nd got a request for medical , i have attached the orginal offer letter for fall and deferral for winter. None of these have the end date or the fee.

In this moment you can contact the graduate administrator and send this letter to her and to the international student office of ucalgary , they have the certifited ircc consult , they will help u with this stuff .

Last edited:

Naeem_Process

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
I have reapplied for visa nd got a request for medical , i have attached the orginal offer letter for fall and deferral for winter. None of these have the end date or the fee.

In this moment you can contact the graduate administrator and send this letter to her and to the international student office of ucalgary , they have the certifited ircc consult , they will help u with this stuff .
@qasim95 yaar I did the same thing, I contacted them providing IRCC letter, they again provided me same original kind of letter with new revised dates of Jan intake and stating that I have to accept the admission by 15th Dec 2018 and pay a deposit of 500 CAD as confirmation, When I told them that I have already confirmed my admission and 500 CAD deposited as confirmation, but he said It is known to them, but they can not do anything as this is a standard worded letter from the faculty of Graduate Studies, and standard wordings cannot be changed. Each prospective international student receives the same letter.

However, they have provided me "Enrolment Confirmation Letter" which I generated from my U of Calgary web portal as per their directions.

Now, Will attach an original, deferred and new letter from them together with Enrolment confirmation letter.

IRCC now also requested transcripts (previously they didn't), So I will also attach from Metric to UET degree plus Detailed Marks sheet.

I also suggest you register on University My account (if not done) and get enrolment confirmation letter, and send to IRCC in advance to avoid any delay because they will ask about it later,

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
@qasim95 yaar I did the same thing, I contacted them providing IRCC letter, they again provided me same original kind of letter with new revised dates of Jan intake and stating that I have to accept the admission by 15th Dec 2018 and pay a deposit of 500 CAD as confirmation, When I told them that I have already confirmed my admission and 500 CAD deposited as confirmation, but he said It is known to them, but they can not do anything as this is a standard worded letter from the faculty of Graduate Studies, and standard wordings cannot be changed. Each prospective international student receives the same letter.

However, they have provided me "Enrolment Confirmation Letter" which I generated from my U of Calgary web portal as per their directions.

Now, Will attach an original, deferred and new letter from them together with Enrolment confirmation letter.

IRCC now also requested transcripts (previously they didn't), So I will also attach from Metric to UET degree plus Detailed Marks sheet.

I also suggest you register on University My account (if not done) and get enrolment confirmation letter, and send to IRCC in advance to avoid any delay because they will ask about it later,
I have registered on MyUofC account , I think that you should attach the recipt of 500 cad along with the provided letter.

the recipt will be present in the account section of your account.

Naeem_Process

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
I have registered on MyUofC account , I think that you should attach the recipt of 500 cad along with the provided letter.

the recipt will be present in the account section of your account.
Thanks, I will attach this as well, Have you registered for courses yet? how many courses are you planning to take during winter?

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
Thanks, I will attach this as well, Have you registered for courses yet? how many courses are you planning to take during winter?
bro you have to enroll into 3 courses to be a full time student in a course based program at ucalgary . So i have shortlisted three courses.

the processing time for Pakistan is increased , lets see when we will get visa .

bk23k

Jun 15, 2018
hello, wanted to ask what are the financial details for applying for study permit. besides the application fee etc, how much money should be shown in my account and what if my parent or guardian is financing my studies, do I need to show their bank statements?
I am applying for Masters Program.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
hello, wanted to ask what are the financial details for applying for study permit. besides the application fee etc, how much money should be shown in my account and what if my parent or guardian is financing my studies, do I need to show their bank statements?
I am applying for Masters Program.
You need to show at least 1 year tuition fee and $10,000-$12,000 (depending on the province you are going for). If your parent is sponsoring you, then he can show the money in his account and yes you have to show their bank statements as a proof of funds requirement. You can also pay the tuition fee upfront if you want to.

zafarest

Aug 9, 2014
@Naeem_Process did you applied with upfront medical ? I also applied with upfront medical on 10th October, my application got updated to "Medical Passed" , " Eligiblity review started : We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirement " , " We are processing your background check ". on 14th october . Since then no updates. can anyone let me know what are the chances? @hussainkestrel @Helican Please guide.

P.s I applied for Masters in Manufacturing engineering at McMaster University.