+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Students applying for January 2019 intake gather here!

alistair23

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
I am from going to apply for a study permit from Pakistan soon. In the documents sections for student visa made from Pakistan, "family information form [imm5707]" was given. The form says "include ALL family members even if they are not accompanying you. If additional space is required, print and attach an additional form".However, the form only mentions about applicant, spouse, parents and children. Am i supposed to print and attach an additional form mentioning my brother and sister or is their information not needed.

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
I am from going to apply for a study permit from Pakistan soon. In the documents sections for student visa made from Pakistan, "family information form [imm5707]" was given. The form says "include ALL family members even if they are not accompanying you. If additional space is required, print and attach an additional form".However, the form only mentions about applicant, spouse, parents and children. Am i supposed to print and attach an additional form mentioning my brother and sister or is their information not needed.
The form have section c at the last, which is for brothers and sisters , if that space runs out then you will attach an additional form .

alistair23

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
The form have section c at the last, which is for brothers and sisters , if that space runs out then you will attach an additional form .
No, it does not have a section C for brothers and sisters. Section C in 5707 form is "certification". The IMM5645 form has a section C with brother and sisters but I was not given that form to submit in my documents list for student visa from Pakistan.

App2college

Nov 15, 2018
No, it does not have a section C for brothers and sisters. Section C in 5707 form is "certification". The IMM5645 form has a section C with brother and sisters but I was not given that form to submit in my documents list for student visa from Pakistan.
There are 2 forms like that, one with a section C asking about siblings and one without. I printed both of them out and took it to the VAC on Nov 1 and they told me that the one without the section C about brothers and sisters is fine. I also sent my FRC (Family relationship certificate) and it has my siblings on it.

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
@qasim95 did you hear any thing from IRCC, Any hope so far for visa..

I'm waiting , still eligibility review in progress..
eligibility and background will remain in process untill the application got approved , got a ghost update after medical request .

Naeem_Process

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Why didn't you get any update till now? You applied after some days when I applied...
@Fatima Intzar Actually a few days back they asked again for the Actual letter of acceptance (LOA) from the intended University i.e. U of Calgary, after too many emails communication, FGS of U of Cal, said they will provide only a standard worded letter issued to all, instead they provided Enrolment letter which then I uploaded in my IRCC application portal, so again they will review for further processing my application . Although from ksa, timing is only 6 weeks, but they are consuming too much time...Don't know why...

I'm a little worried because my Job contract will end on Dec 2018, and I have to inform one month before expiry, else huge penalties have to be paid in case of contract breach. and this is really worrying for me right now...I just need decision whatever, either favor or not...

@qasim95 is it possible that after getting Visa, I can change immediately to other University, kindly share some information if possible. I would try to U of BC,

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
@Fatima Intzar Actually a few days back they asked again for the Actual letter of acceptance (LOA) from the intended University i.e. U of Calgary, after too many emails communication, FGS of U of Cal, said they will provide only a standard worded letter issued to all, instead they provided Enrolment letter which then I uploaded in my IRCC application portal, so again they will review for further processing my application .

I'm a little worried because my Job contract will end on Dec 2018, and I have to inform one month before expiry, else huge penalties have to be paid in case of contract breach. and this is really worrying for me right now...I just need decision whatever, either favor or not...

@qasim95 is it possible that after getting Visa, I can change immediately to other University, kindly share some information if possible. I would try to U of BC,
Yes , you can change your university after getting visa, you have to update the DLI of the institute somewhere.

I think they are running some background checks and your visa is in final stage.

alistair23

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
There are 2 forms like that, one with a section C asking about siblings and one without. I printed both of them out and took it to the VAC on Nov 1 and they told me that the one without the section C about brothers and sisters is fine. I also sent my FRC (Family relationship certificate) and it has my siblings on it.
Thanks for ur answer. Also in the application form in background section, I ticked yes for 2b, and below that section it states if I answered yes to the question from 3 to 6 I should fill schedule 1 trv form. However in the abu dhabi visa office instructions it states that if I answered yes to ANY questions in the background section of the application form I should fill a schedule 1 trv form as well. So I'm confused which one to follow. The student application form was updated in November 2018 and it states from questions 3 to 6.

App2college

Nov 15, 2018
Thanks for ur answer. Also in the application form in background section, I ticked yes for 2b, and below that section it states if I answered yes to the question from 3 to 6 I should fill schedule 1 trv form. However in the abu dhabi visa office instructions it states that if I answered yes to ANY questions in the background section of the application form I should fill a schedule 1 trv form as well. So I'm confused which one to follow. The student application form was updated in November 2018 and it states from questions 3 to 6.
I ticked no to all of them and I didn't have to fill out that form. If you're submitting it through a VAC, take everything that you think might be useful and ask them. They won't take an incomplete application, it's their job to make sure you submit a complete application.

If you end up missing a document, they'll usually have a computer where you can make copies or fill out a form at the last minute too (although they'll charge a decent amount for it). If you're applying for January semester, you don't have much time and should apply right now.

alistair23

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
I ticked no to all of them and I didn't have to fill out that form. If you're submitting it through a VAC, take everything that you think might be useful and ask them. They won't take an incomplete application, it's their job to make sure you submit a complete application.

If you end up missing a document, they'll usually have a computer where you can make copies or fill out a form at the last minute too (although they'll charge a decent amount for it). If you're applying for January semester, you don't have much time and should apply right now.
Thank you for ur help. Yes I'll definitely do that. What university and program did u get into? What's ur profile?

App2college

Nov 15, 2018
Thank you for ur help. Yes I'll definitely do that. What university and program did u get into? What's ur profile?
Applied Nov 1
Accepted for Bachelor's at University of Saskatchewan. Economics Major.
Father's Bank account $40k
Father's Employment letter $70k/year
Didn't give IELTS, university accepted my TOEFL and my Acceptance letter says I passed the English proficiency.
I have a decent travel history, 4 countries in the last 5 years.

I applied in person so I gave biometrics with my application, haven't been called for medical or anything so far. I am more worried about getting a decision after Jan 3 when my program starts than getting rejected. My consultant who bas been doing this for 14 years said that 17-18 year olds with funds are usually accepted, not really the demographic that's trying to get in for illegal purposes.

alistair23

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
W
Applied Nov 1
Accepted for Bachelor's at University of Saskatchewan. Economics Major.
Father's Bank account $40k
Father's Employment letter $70k/year
Didn't give IELTS, university accepted my TOEFL and my Acceptance letter says I passed the English proficiency.
I have a decent travel history, 4 countries in the last 5 years.

I applied in person so I gave biometrics with my application, haven't been called for medical or anything so far. I am more worried about getting a decision after Jan 3 when my program starts than getting rejected. My consultant who bas been doing this for 14 years said that 17-18 year olds with funds are usually accepted, not really the demographic that's trying to get in for illegal purposes.
Which consultant?