+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Students applying for January 2019 intake gather here!

Naeem_Process

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
My visa was just rejected on the basis that I will not leave Canada.
This is literal bullshit can’t believe it.
I think nowadays they are just doing copy and paste the same thing on all rejection letters. There seems a directive.

@Pakistani_Student How many reasons they have mentioned for not leaving Canada? Anyhow don't lose hope, just sent this rejection letter to your university, get different till April intake and re-apply with.

I already had this rejection with my 1st application with same rejection statement for four different scenarios. But I applied again, Now waiting.

Naeem_Process

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
The processing time is different for KSA. A friend of mine got approved in a month who applied from there and the average time from the Abu Dhabi Embassy (where our applications are being reviewed) is 3 months. My case took look more time than usual.
@hussainkestrel my case is being handled by Riaydh visa office as per information.

My application was rejected within two months (applied on 3rd July 2018 and final rejection on 27th August 2018) with the same reasons as always.
re-applied on 17th Sep 2018.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
@hussainkestrel my case is being handled by Riaydh visa office as per information.

My application was rejected within two months (applied on 3rd July 2018 and final rejection on 27th August 2018) with the same reasons as always.
re-applied on 17th Sep 2018.
what were the exact reasons checked on the letter? Did you change anything or wrote a letter of application to address the refusal? Did you apply for Caips/GCMS notes to know the actual reason the visa officer refused your application? The thing is that the refusal letter is very vague and so the VO mentions the actual reason in his GCMS notes as he can't do so on the refusal letter.

Naeem_Process

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
what were the exact reasons checked on the letter? Did you change anything or wrote a letter of application to address the refusal? Did you apply for Caips/GCMS notes to know the actual reason the visa officer refused your application? The thing is that the refusal letter is very vague and so the VO mentions the actual reason in his GCMS notes as he can't do so on the refusal letter.
here is the detail
" Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.""

I didn't apply for any GCMS notes etc. I just received the refusal letter. I applied again some explanation, my SOP giving detail why I'm choosing this university and course, my KSA residence documents showing legal residence here in KSA and my current employment details etc.

During my first application, I couldn't provide these documents because the requirement was nowhere mentioned.

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
Nothing only this.
I had a consultant in Canada he says to appeal or go to court as it’s a strong case.
I think they didn’t even open my application. :/
The appeal would take 6 to 7 months for a review from Federal court of Canada , Moreover you have to hire a lawyer within Canada.

its depends on you , try to address the issues that is ticked in your SOP.

Naeem_Process

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
The appeal would take 6 to 7 months for a review from Federal court of Canada , Moreover you have to hire a lawyer within Canada.

I think it's better to apply again rather than going for appeal and hiring a lawyer, paying huge money. End results nobody knows.

Pakistani_Student

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018

well that’s exactly what someone’s guided me to do.
But I think I won’t reapply or appeal if it was not meant to be agay Allah ki marzi.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Nothing only this.
I had a consultant in Canada he says to appeal or go to court as it’s a strong case.
I think they didn’t even open my application. :/
It is better to apply for gcms notes from www.caipsgcms.com and reapply rather than going into court because getting approved isn't our right. And they do open files. Sometimes they just don't buy a story like they didn't when i apply for the first time. You just have to be convincing and they'll approve you. Filing a case is very expensive and whether the decision will be in your favor isn't 100% sure. You can also check Australia as it is easier to get study permit from there as compared to Canada though Australia is expensive af.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
But I think I won’t reapply or appeal if it was not meant to be agay Allah ki marzi.
This is exactly what a consultant told me. He said on the day i got refused that "jahan ka daana paani likha hota hai insan ne wahin jana hota hai. Probably you are not lucky enough to be there because Allah swt never wanted you there and may have a different plan for you here". What i listening to him, i used this forum and the help that i got here from the members and made my case all over again and prayed a lot to Allah swt to approve me as University of Waterloo for Computer Science is at 31st in the world and He approved me. So a set back doesn't necessarily mean that Allah swt doesn't want you there. Maybe it means that He wants you to fight for it and pray to Him and only then He will give it to you.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
However, having said the above, i am not aware of how you presented your case. I have known people who believed that their case was strong but it wasn't and hence they were refused. If you are one of them then probably a weak case wont get you anywhere with the Canadian Embassy. However if you have missed providing all the relevant details about your source of income and the relevant documents then there might be a chance. Also, I have noticed that only those people were accepted who were academically really bright and have 7+ in their IELTS. Even though IELTS is not required, giving it and having a great score increases your chances of approval. Furthermore, a reputable University will also improve your chance of getting approved since it is difficult to get an admission in a good University like UWaterloo or UofT therefore the visa officer will think that you are a bona fide student. The following is what i learned when i applied and it may come in handy to anyone else who might be applying:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp

You can get the document checklist and the required forms for Pakistan here^

Requirements of embassy for study permit....
1.canada application form( 4 forms available on net) update: Number of forms may have changed since i applied so use the above link to know how many are required now.
2.statement of purpose (sop, write 2-3 pages)update: Be very convincing and convince the VO that you are a genuine student who has the necessary sources to fund his education and write about your goals and objectives after completing your education and link them with returning to Pakistan.
3.acceptance letter from university
4.offer letter from university
5. Evidence of fee paid to university. Update: Will help your finances.
6. Ielts photocopy ( must be notarized from notary public)
7. All educational documents photocopy (attested from hec, ibcc, and notarized from notary public )
8. Bank statement( original documents of bank which shows ur details of account and it must be sixth month old account)
9.source of income( mostly show property of 2-3 crore or above,)
10. Family registration certificate (FRC from nadra) original
11.police clearance certificate original
12. Polio certificate original
13. Ur nic and ur father mother nics photocopy and must be notarized
14. Ur original passport and all pages of it photocopy

You need to show a minimum of: tuition fee for the first year plus 12000 cad as proof of funds but the more the better. It would be highly recommended to pay the tuition fee for the first semester/year upfront as it would make your case pretty strong. Make sure the University has a 100% refund policy in case of a refusal.

Make sure to state your purpose and future plans in your SOP like what will you do with your education back here in Pakistan and also makes sure to show ties with your home country (properties, investments, ties with family members etc) that will compel you to leave Canada at the end of your stay. These two are the common reasons of refusal so you have to work on these.

Also check this website:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/international-students.2/

If you have any query, you can ask here as well. This forum helped me a lot when I applied. I hope this information helps you.

Pakistani_Student

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
This is exactly what a consultant told me. He said on the day i got refused that "jahan ka daana paani likha hota hai insan ne wahin jana hota hai. Probably you are not lucky enough to be there because Allah swt never wanted you there and may have a different plan for you here". What i listening to him, i used this forum and the help that i got here from the members and made my case all over again and prayed a lot to Allah swt to approve me as University of Waterloo for Computer Science is at 31st in the world and He approved me. So a set back doesn't necessarily mean that Allah swt doesn't want you there. Maybe it means that He wants you to fight for it and pray to Him and only then He will give it to you.
I already ordered notes as to see if I will fight back. No the thing is not that i want to back down, the issue is the time.
I’ve done my Alevels and right now nothing to do so considering other opportunities for jan 19.other then that your comment gave me hope tbh. Let my notes come I’ll tell you immediately what was written in that.

Reactions: qasim95

Pakistani_Student

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
However, having said the above, i am not aware of how you presented your case. I have known people who believed that their case was strong but it wasn't and hence they were refused. If you are one of them then probably a weak case wont get you anywhere with the Canadian Embassy. However if you have missed providing all the relevant details about your source of income and the relevant documents then there might be a chance. Also, I have noticed that only those people were accepted who were academically really bright and have 7+ in their IELTS. Even though IELTS is not required, giving it and having a great score increases your chances of approval. Furthermore, a reputable University will also improve your chance of getting approved since it is difficult to get an admission in a good University like UWaterloo or UofT therefore the visa officer will think that you are a bona fide student. The following is what i learned when i applied and it may come in handy to anyone else who might be applying:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp

You can get the document checklist and the required forms for Pakistan here^

Requirements of embassy for study permit....
1.canada application form( 4 forms available on net) update: Number of forms may have changed since i applied so use the above link to know how many are required now.
2.statement of purpose (sop, write 2-3 pages)update: Be very convincing and convince the VO that you are a genuine student who has the necessary sources to fund his education and write about your goals and objectives after completing your education and link them with returning to Pakistan.
3.acceptance letter from university
4.offer letter from university
5. Evidence of fee paid to university. Update: Will help your finances.
6. Ielts photocopy ( must be notarized from notary public)
7. All educational documents photocopy (attested from hec, ibcc, and notarized from notary public )
8. Bank statement( original documents of bank which shows ur details of account and it must be sixth month old account)
9.source of income( mostly show property of 2-3 crore or above,)
10. Family registration certificate (FRC from nadra) original
11.police clearance certificate original
12. Polio certificate original
13. Ur nic and ur father mother nics photocopy and must be notarized
14. Ur original passport and all pages of it photocopy

You need to show a minimum of: tuition fee for the first year plus 12000 cad as proof of funds but the more the better. It would be highly recommended to pay the tuition fee for the first semester/year upfront as it would make your case pretty strong. Make sure the University has a 100% refund policy in case of a refusal.

Make sure to state your purpose and future plans in your SOP like what will you do with your education back here in Pakistan and also makes sure to show ties with your home country (properties, investments, ties with family members etc) that will compel you to leave Canada at the end of your stay. These two are the common reasons of refusal so you have to work on these.

Also check this website:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/international-students.2/

If you have any query, you can ask here as well. This forum helped me a lot when I applied. I hope this information helps you.
I gave each and everything you mentioned and even some extras, I counsulted 3 professionals before applying and all said it was a really good case.
I even hired a consultant direct from Canada to handle my application, even he said can’t beleive it.
So that’s why I got so upset. Well let my notes come then ill see what’s the next step.