+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistani Applicants for Express Entry, Let's Network Here

A1554069

Star Member
May 2, 2018
Hi everyone is it a requirement to show husband name in passport and marital status as married for cnic incorporating husband's name instead of father's name for Pakistani citizens?
From what I know Nadra Marriage Certificate is the only proof of marriage required by CIC.
If both of us have valid cnic and passport at the time of making EE profile, should we just let it be? Our ielts and eca have been done against existing cnic and passport.

For reference, our nikkah is beginning of May and husband's cnic is expiring end of May 2019. Should he renew his cnic now (as we would need a valid cnic for nikkah) and not update the marital status for cnic as his cnic would be valid?
Tia

A1554069

Star Member
May 2, 2018
Hi everyone is it a requirement to show husband name in passport and marital status as married for cnic incorporating husband's name instead of father's name for Pakistani citizens?
From what I know Nadra Marriage Certificate is the only proof of marriage required by CIC.
If both of us have valid cnic and passport at the time of making EE profile, should we just let it be? Our ielts and eca have been done against existing cnic and passport.

For reference, our nikkah is beginning of May and husband's cnic is expiring end of May 2019. Should he renew his cnic now (as we would need a valid cnic for nikkah) and not update the marital status for cnic as his cnic would be valid?
Tia
Also adding to above query, any implications of the above scenario for making police character certificate?

khan952368

Mar 6, 2019
Lahore
Can someone help me with my query regarding change of name.

Originally posted here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/confusion-regarding-name-change.615622/

"The name on my id/passport was different from the one on my educational documents so I got it changed a few years ago. I have travel history on my old passport with my old name. I am confused regarding what exactly I have to show to CIC to prove that my name was changed?

Secondly, since my birth certificate and stamp paper submitted for name change are in Urdu, I will need to get a translation of it if I have to attach those. Does anyone (especially those from Lahore, Pakistan) have experience in this regard? What do I need to upload, the official guidelines are quite vague with regards to translations.

Help in this regard would be appreciated."

attitudeguyz

May 7, 2014
Category........
FAM
slam can anyone help me on this i just applied my express entery i evaluated everything was ok but when i uploaded my case on Gckey it shows you are not eligible for pool that is the first message i got but when i check on help it says we are reviewing your eligibility and let you know when it completes kindly is that obvious message that every one in 1st got or what it is .And in minimum entry criteria that message it shows 'To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the eligibility criteria. While your profile is pending, it means that we are reviewing to see if you meet these criteria. When we are done our review, we will tell you if you meet or do not meet the criteria'Thanks

Last edited:

mohd.hassann

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Have anyone gone through WES Upgrade by adding new credential recently? I have my 4 yrs bachelors ECA from wes which i did in 2017. Now I want to upgrade report and want to add PGD to it. The documents required showing Inter Certificate and Transcripts and PGD Certificate and Transcript. Do we need to send Inter certificate and marksheet again sealed by board OR just PGD documents sealed by HEC would be enough? Can someone guide if they have gone through upgrade process.

amyntejani

Apr 10, 2019
Hello Everyone,
i am from Karachi, Pakistan, I need to send my documents to CES (University of toronto) for ECA.
BCOM 2 years
MBA 2 years
I have a HEC sealed envelop with attested bcom and mba degree and transcripts. I need to ask that shall i take a big envelop and place the HEC envelop and other forms and documents in that and send directly to CES or there is any other process. Please mention if i am missing something.
Regards,

Amin

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
Hi Guys!

I just wanted to give my update on this thread, I am not a frequent visitor on the forum now. Alhamdolillah I landed in Canada last year, this is my 6th months in Canada. Below is my complete timeline:

Express Entry Profile Created 3 January 2017
ITA 51st Draw 4 January 2017
Application Submission 12 January 2017
AOR 13 January 2017
Background Check In Progress 17 May 2017
Re-Medical Call 7 June 2018
Schedule A Background Declaration Form (IMM 5669) 7 June 2018
Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562) 7 June 2018
Re-Medical Done 4 July 2018
PPR 31 July 2018
Passport Submitted 6 August 2018
Visa Stamped & CoPR Issued 8 August 2018
Passport Dispatched From Islamabad To VFS Karachi 8 or 9 August 2018
Passport Collected After No Call From VFS 15 August 2018
Landed In Toronto 31 October 2018
PR Card Received 5 January 2019
Health Card Received 31 January 2019

Thank you all for your moral support and encouragement during the very long wait between AOR and PPR.

SSS15

Jul 15, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
Hi Guys!

I just wanted to give my update on this thread, I am not a frequent visitor on the forum now. Alhamdolillah I landed in Canada last year, this is my 6th months in Canada. Below is my complete timeline:

Express Entry Profile Created 3 January 2017
ITA 51st Draw 4 January 2017
Application Submission 12 January 2017
AOR 13 January 2017
Background Check In Progress 17 May 2017
Re-Medical Call 7 June 2018
Schedule A Background Declaration Form (IMM 5669) 7 June 2018
Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562) 7 June 2018
Re-Medical Done 4 July 2018
PPR 31 July 2018
Passport Submitted 6 August 2018
Visa Stamped & CoPR Issued 8 August 2018
Passport Dispatched From Islamabad To VFS Karachi 8 or 9 August 2018
Passport Collected After No Call From VFS 15 August 2018
Landed In Toronto 31 October 2018
PR Card Received 5 January 2019
Health Card Received 31 January 2019

Thank you all for your moral support and encouragement during the very long wait between AOR and PPR.
Thank you for sharing detailed update. All the best to you for your future in Canada.

I have a question. Why it took approx. 1.5 years ( from Jan 2017 to July 2018) to move your case towards PPR. Was there any complications involved?

Momal

Nov 26, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to know that is it true that most of the applications from Pakistan are processed in more than 6 months as I have heard that now almost all the applications from Pakistan take at least 8 to 12 months till the final decision comes? Anyone here who got the final decision after 6 months?

Please please reply.
Thanks.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
My dear fellow August 2018 applicants. By the grace of the almighty I have got my ppr. It came in my cic account as a request letter. So don’t get confused if u don’t get it in an email . Thi confusion killed some of my excitement ;) so don’t be the victim of this confusion
I hope u all will receive it soon.

Special thanks

Reactions: Momal