09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
enna

You should be fine. You are landing in Alberta so that takes away one factor to question your intention from the officer's side.Second just mention you are there for the landing. No need to mention the AVR etc.If you do get an question of are you moving right now...you can let them know you just have some obligations with work etc and need to travel back and will return quickly.

Like baranyab just posted...dont worry too much about the cards. Address can be updated and you can travel back to canada using the travel document which can be obtained very easily and fee is only 50 $ for that.

339pm
Travelling by road and using AVR is even better.Very few questions since everyday many cross the border by road using AVR.

I guess it makes sense that the clock starts ticking from the moment of landing.

Rgds
Lights

enna said:
hi 339pm,

i'm not an expert that is why i always asked in this forum. but how about me, i'm using travel by air both going and coming back?

339pm

Apr 21, 2011
Lightsinthemist

Thank you very much for your response. In that case, I might as well get back by air and tell the officer that I won't stay long this time. Thanks!

lightsinthemist said:
enna

You should be fine. You are landing in Alberta so that takes away one factor to question your intention from the officer's side.Second just mention you are there for the landing. No need to mention the AVR etc.If you do get an question of are you moving right now...you can let them know you just have some obligations with work etc and need to travel back and will return quickly.

Like baranyab just posted...dont worry too much about the cards. Address can be updated and you can travel back to canada using the travel document which can be obtained very easily and fee is only 50 $ for that.

339pm
Travelling by road and using AVR is even better.Very few questions since everyday many cross the border by road using AVR.

I guess it makes sense that the clock starts ticking from the moment of landing.

Rgds
Lights

enna

Feb 14, 2011
thank you very much...but can you explained what baranyab just posted and about travel document you mentioned

lightsinthemist said:
enna

339pm

Rgds
Lights

baraynawab

Aug 31, 2009
kevinctech said:
Thanks Baraynawab! But then, dont we have to fill any forms?? Please let me know, thanks a lot!
You don't need any forms. To avoid any errors in providing the address on phone, you can first change the address online at

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coa&lang=en and then call them to confirm the same.

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
baraynawab,

It is good piece of information . Thanks and it helps a lot for lot of people. Can any seniors can confirm the same. Did you do that or any one of your friends did that way? Insted of sending fax with updated address?

baraynawab said:
it start ticking from the time you complete landing ( landing date is printed on backside of PR Card ).

Also, If you know anyone in Canada, you don't have to wait to move in Canada to apply for PR Card. Call CIC and provide a Canadian address and your PR cards will be mailed. Number from USA is 613 944 4000, Option 1, 2, 1, 2, 0. Try after 4PM EST. CIC doesn't ask where you calling from. Tell them you moved to Canada and would like to update the address so that your PR cards can be mailed out.

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
Sunderjeet,

have you landed ? Where are planning to land. It will approximately 30 to 45 days.

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
baraynawab said:
You don't need any forms. To avoid any errors in providing the address on phone, you can first change the address online at

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coa&lang=en and then call them to confirm the same.
Thanks a lot Baraynawab!

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surenderJeet said:
Senior who landed in canada.

Any idea how long it TAKE to get PR card once landed. PLEASE HELP.
I got mine in about 32 business days. (almost 2 months calendar date)

baraynawab

Aug 31, 2009
virgo said:
baraynawab,

It is good piece of information . Thanks and it helps a lot for lot of people. Can any seniors can confirm the same. Did you do that or any one of your friends did that way? Insted of sending fax with updated address?
That's what I did because the visa officer didn't give me any form (Form IMM 5456) to fax . VO will give this form only if you tell them that you are moving permanently at the time of landing and the address you are providing is temporary. It will be good if anyone can make a copy of this form (Form IMM 5456 ) before filling it and post on this forum. Either you use this form or update the address online and call them to verify it as I mentioned before to update your address.

adm7

May 4, 2011
Hi,

Is anyone who is under AINP planning to land in Aug/Sep this year? and also if anyone is planning to land at places other than Alberta?

Albertahero

Jun 7, 2009
Guys iam in very critical situation.Can seniors help me on this.
Here is the situation, My wife is the primary and iam dependant and received the PR under US-VISA category
2 months back we completed our landing formalities and applied for the PR CARD. We are planing to separate now legally(was married 5 years back).

i) If i will separate with her, whats is the situation for my pr status in Alberta.(As iam dependent).
ii) I know for primary it will not be a problem, infuture can she create any problems for me ?

Mainly in this above scenario, Can dependent work and live in PR status?

waiting for your response............................

Thanks

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baray Nawab sahab,

Thank for sharing this info. It appears that you have the medication for both, prevention and cure

Ismail

baraynawab said:

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sorry to learn the unfortunate choice you and your current spouse have to make.

1. Regardless of whether you were a sponsor or a dependent, a legal separation/divorce does not affect the PR as long as the case is genuine. From your situation it can be ascertained that you guys have been married for the last 5 yrs and things have now changed between you. The genuineness of the case can be proved if required
2. If you or your spouse plan to remarry to someone else at a later stage and sponsor the dependent later, it may be challenging and the immigration dept may scrutinize the file strictly. The immigrant visa if approved, the interview will be very tough
3. are your guys now residing in Canada as PRs? or back to USA? If you are in USA as a resident alien, separation and remaining motions will have to be filed legally in USA and not in Canada
4. Be sure to inform CIC of any change in family composition immediately as the event occur. Failure to do so can jeopardize ur PR
5. The sponsors of the dependents of Canadian immigration are obligated to support the dependents for 3 years financially

The above text is a juice of research, you may want to consult a Canadian immigration attorney to be on a safe side. Hope this helps.

I hope you guys have change of heart and graveyard your separation plans

Albertahero said:
Guys iam in very critical situation.Can seniors help me on this.
Here is the situation, My wife is the primary and iam dependant and received the PR under US-VISA category
2 months back we completed our landing formalities and applied for the PR CARD. We are planing to separate now legally(was married 5 years back).

i) If i will separate with her, whats is the situation for my pr status in Alberta.(As iam dependent).
ii) I know for primary it will not be a problem, infuture can she create any problems for me ?

Mainly in this above scenario, Can dependent work and live in PR status?

waiting for your response............................

Thanks