09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Lettuce

Long time.I am glad you mailed them your passports.I have not yet received the stamped ones back.Hopefully get them this week or the next.

Regards
Lights

lettuce_tomatoes said:
Lights,

i mailed them our passports. Hopefully we get the Maple leaf stamp soon. Have you got your passports back yet?

Lettuce

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Calgary2010

Thanks for taking the time to clarify the new happenings.I am convinced they are probably putting in new rules in place to stop the misuse of PR. So now with this two step process,guess it means people will first get the email or snail mail with regards to where the cards need to be collected. So the person will then have to travel to the local Office and collect them in person and during that :) I guess they can achieve two objectives of checking if the person is at the address given at the time of landing and also where is the person currently located .

Side effect of these new rules might be that if they also put a timelimit similar to landing on collecting the cards ...it will mean people travelling back to usa might have to make one more trip to collect cards before finally moving to canada.

Please do keep the forum posted on the future developments and good luck rest of the way.

Lights

calgary2010 said:
Lights - Officer asked me to provide an Alberta address for the communication purpose, Now that they are sending a mail about the PR cards when they are ready. We need to go and collect the PR cards from that location, I guess it would be near to the location where you have given the address for communication. Officer told that this process is in place to stop the misuse of PR.
Also I will keep forum posted as and when I get the mail from them to collect the PR cards.

gigi-2010

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Senior

I received my PPR from Seattle today by email.

But from the email, Seattle consulate don't mention to submit the photo and the content of Height and Eye Color. Do I have to do it?

Does any senior have the similar experience?

Please share it.

Thanks in advance.

Gigi

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
This sucks man..
this whole canada things is turning sour at every point...if they put this checks...seems like they are very short sighted ...what about the people who just want to get the PR card first..then do move permanently on there convineience...this is like bondage...

lightsinthemist said:
Calgary2010

Thanks for taking the time to clarify the new happenings.I am convinced they are probably putting in new rules in place to stop the misuse of PR. So now with this two step process,guess it means people will first get the email or snail mail with regards to where the cards need to be collected. So the person will then have to travel to the local Office and collect them in person and during that :) I guess they can achieve two objectives of checking if the person is at the address given at the time of landing and also where is the person currently located .

Side effect of these new rules might be that if they also put a timelimit similar to landing on collecting the cards ...it will mean people travelling back to usa might have to make one more trip to collect cards before finally moving to canada.

Please do keep the forum posted on the future developments and good luck rest of the way.

Lights

adm7

May 4, 2011
Hi Guys,

I have also applied through CIC-AINP. My file was transfered to Detroit from Buffalo. I got my passport request a week ago. If any of you needs more info let me know.

tonyind

Star Member
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2009
Nomination.....
12/10/2009
AOR Received.
07/23/2010
File Transfer...
01/05/2011 (Detroit )
Med's Request
07/23/2010
Med's Done....
07/29/2010 reached 08/5/2010
Passport Req..
06/10/11
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/11
adm7 said:
Hi Guys,

I have also applied through CIC-AINP. My file was transfered to Detroit from Buffalo. I got my passport request a week ago. If any of you needs more info let me know.
share your timelines....when transfered to Detroit and was any additional documents asked???

jimmyz500

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2009
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
Nomination.....
24-05-2010
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
Med's Request
31-01-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011
Guys, I have a question, is it normal for "medicals received" to show up on ECas or not? My medicals reached Ottawa about two months ago, ECas still only shows "in process". Should I follow up with this?

Thx,
-J

adm7

May 4, 2011
Applied to CIC : Apr 2010
PCC: included expired FBI and only the current state PCC
File processing started : July 2010(almost 3 months to get started)
Medical request in August 2010.
medicals done in Sep 2010
File transfered to detroit - jan 25th 2011
Sent updated FBI and Indian PCC for myself and spouse in Apr2011
Asked for a status update from Detroit CIC exactly after 3 months of file transfer and got a reply saying processing completed, send us the passport and photos with the fee.

tonyind

Star Member
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2009
Nomination.....
12/10/2009
AOR Received.
07/23/2010
File Transfer...
01/05/2011 (Detroit )
Med's Request
07/23/2010
Med's Done....
07/29/2010 reached 08/5/2010
Passport Req..
06/10/11
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/11
adm7 said:
Applied to CIC : Apr 2010
PCC: included expired FBI and only the current state PCC
File processing started : July 2010(almost 3 months to get started)
Medical request in August 2010.
medicals done in Sep 2010
File transfered to detroit - jan 25th 2011
Sent updated FBI and Indian PCC for myself and spouse in Apr2011
Asked for a status update from Detroit CIC exactly after 3 months of file transfer and got a reply saying processing completed, send us the passport and photos with the fee.
my file got transfered on the 5th Jan 2011. I was asked copies of add..documents on 5th fEB..then in March the same papers were asked to be submitted in original..I did..since then...waiting...no news so far!!! :'( :'( Did you apply directly or thru the lawyer??

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
I did landing at Calgary airport on May 1st. Every thing went smooth. The problem was coming back using AVR from Calgary int'l airport. Finally they let me fly back to US.Do not surrender your I-94 to the airline while leaving US. Most likely US immigration will deny entry back to US. As per US IO, the I-94 should never be given to the airline, specially if you plan on using AVR back to US.

adm7

May 4, 2011
tonyind said:
my file got transfered on the 5th Jan 2011. I was asked copies of add..documents on 5th fEB..then in March the same papers were asked to be submitted in original..I did..since then...waiting...no news so far!!! :'( :'( Did you apply directly or thru the lawyer??
I applied directly. Ask them for a status update if its 2 months since you submitted the originals. But I still feel your case should be completed before the end of May.

adm7

May 4, 2011
albertaorbust said:
I did landing at Calgary airport on May 1st. Every thing went smooth. The problem was coming back using AVR from Calgary int'l airport. Finally they let me fly back to US.Do not surrender your I-94 to the airline while leaving US. Most likely US immigration will deny entry back to US. As per US IO, the I-94 should never be given to the airline, specially if you plan on using AVR back to US.
Why did you face a problem while returning? Did you give your I-94 while leaving the US? Please can you give more details. Thanks

Surprised

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
lightsinthemist said:
Calgary2010

Lights
Lights, Calgary2010,

Thanks for your viewpoints and letting us know. I have actually already purchased the tickets to land in Calgary in the 3rd week of July. Was planning on finishing the PR Card, SIN and Healthcard formalities and then use AVR to return back to US.

I am in Chicago and the closest port to me is Detroit. Now, would you suggest that I finish my landing formalities in Detroit and then plan a Calgary visit when they ask us to come and pick up the cards?

Also, What about the requirement of PR Cards for the 2nd trip. I understand that you cannot land using a commercial airliner without the PR Cards. Does this mean that I should plan on driving to Calgary when its time to pick up the cards?

Friends, please share your thoughts. I was being proactive and now all the plans need to change.

enna

Feb 14, 2011
Hi albertaorbust,

this is enna...can i asked you, how did you convince them to fly you back? And did you have the same case like calgary 2010 where they told that they will send a mail where you will pick-up your PR card.

thanks

albertaorbust said: