Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
jimmyz500 said:
Guys, I have a question, is it normal for "medicals received" to show up on ECas or not? My medicals reached Ottawa about two months ago, ECas still only shows "in process". Should I follow up with this?

Thx,
-J
jimmy,

It is normal. "medicals received" never showed up in my e-status. Your next update in status will be "file transfer" or "passport request".

the

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Hi Surprised,
I am in same position like you..i also purchased ticked...now this post came...and its throwing away all my plans...i was eventualy planning to move to calgary..but now i will cancle my ticked look for job and will move there permananetly...that what i think today..may change tommorow...
Surprised said:
Lights, Calgary2010,

Thanks for your viewpoints and letting us know. I have actually already purchased the tickets to land in Calgary in the 3rd week of July. Was planning on finishing the PR Card, SIN and Healthcard formalities and then use AVR to return back to US.

I am in Chicago and the closest port to me is Detroit. Now, would you suggest that I finish my landing formalities in Detroit and then plan a Calgary visit when they ask us to come and pick up the cards?

Also, What about the requirement of PR Cards for the 2nd trip. I understand that you cannot land using a commercial airliner without the PR Cards. Does this mean that I should plan on driving to Calgary when its time to pick up the cards?

Friends, please share your thoughts. I was being proactive and now all the plans need to change.

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Hi Surprised.

Calgary2010 shared his experience .We will have to wait and see if it is an officer specific experience or in general the rules are being changed. We might know from the landing experiences of others who might be doing it in May/June and there seem to be a lot of applicants who will do it in May or June.

Unfortunately if it turns out to be a new rule ...people will have to plan for two trips. If somebody is straight away moving would be probably better to search for an permanent job and move once and for all but complete the landing before the timeline.

I would not suggest to do the landing near to Detroit but to do it in Alberta due to scrutiny by the officers.

Albertaorbust seems to have done his landing on May 1st without any issue except AVR returning to the Usa...

If possible just wait for a week or so to hear the experiences of others and then you can decide on the tickets....

Sorry am not of much help...at this point that is all the information trickling in...

Lights

Surprised said:
Lights, Calgary2010,

Thanks for your viewpoints and letting us know. I have actually already purchased the tickets to land in Calgary in the 3rd week of July. Was planning on finishing the PR Card, SIN and Healthcard formalities and then use AVR to return back to US.

I am in Chicago and the closest port to me is Detroit. Now, would you suggest that I finish my landing formalities in Detroit and then plan a Calgary visit when they ask us to come and pick up the cards?

Also, What about the requirement of PR Cards for the 2nd trip. I understand that you cannot land using a commercial airliner without the PR Cards. Does this mean that I should plan on driving to Calgary when its time to pick up the cards?

Friends, please share your thoughts. I was being proactive and now all the plans need to change.

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
Hi murali krishna,
Is there any up date?did you get medical..Pls. let me knoe..

jimmyz500

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2009
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
Nomination.....
24-05-2010
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
Med's Request
31-01-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011
Thank you, the!

-Jimmy

the said:
jimmy,

It is normal. "medicals received" never showed up in my e-status. Your next update in status will be "file transfer" or "passport request".

the

enna

Feb 14, 2011
Hi to everyone,

can i asked if there are anyone here who lives in LA and is planning to land in July and will be using AVR?
i live here in LA ...

thanks,

enna

Surprised

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
lightsinthemist said:
Hi Surprised.

Calgary2010 shared his experience .We will have to wait and see if it is an officer specific experience or in general the rules are being changed. We might know from the landing experiences of others who might be doing it in May/June and there seem to be a lot of applicants who will do it in May or June.

Unfortunately if it turns out to be a new rule ...people will have to plan for two trips. If somebody is straight away moving would be probably better to search for an permanent job and move once and for all but complete the landing before the timeline.

I would not suggest to do the landing near to Detroit but to do it in Alberta due to scrutiny by the officers.

Albertaorbust seems to have done his landing on May 1st without any issue except AVR returning to the Usa...

If possible just wait for a week or so to hear the experiences of others and then you can decide on the tickets....

Sorry am not of much help...at this point that is all the information trickling in...

Lights
Thanks for a good peice of advise Lights. I totally agree with you. Lets wait and watch on what the current trend is. I thought I heard someone else also mentioning a simillar experience. May I ask, whats your plan for landing?

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
20-02-2010 (AINP Doc Request)
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Sometime in the last week of December
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
Hi All,

I did the landing formailities on May 6th, 2011...... we drove to CARWAY border (~ 3 hrs drive). It is between Cardston, Alberta and Peigan, Montana.

What a sunny day.....we had an excellent drive from Calgary to CARWAY reaching there around 2 pm. As guided by the Canadian Border Agency officer, We crossed the border, reached the US Visa Officer Window and informed him that I came to do the landing formailities from Calgary and need a document (basically kind of rejection document from US side...showing that I crossed the border theoretically and the US visa officer rejected me entering into US, as I already informed him about the LANDING formaility as an Immigrant).

With that we came back to Canada Border Agency office and told the VO that we crossed the border and are back for the further formailities. He gave a yellow chit and asked to park in no. 3 parking, specifically meant for residents and then go upstairs for further work. The VO upstairs helped us in other proceedings and also with the PR Card application. He informed that we will get out PR cards in around 7-8 weeks (30 business days) at our Calgary address.

We decided to do the STATUS CHANGE also on the same day. For the same, we decided to stop by at Lethbridge and get the SIN number changed from Number 9XX-XXX-XXX (Work Permit) to 6XX-XXX-XXX (Permanent Residents). But bad luck, the Service Canada office was closed by the time we reached there....they close by 4 pm and were just late by 10-15 minutes.
Anyways, we got the STATUS CHANGE yesterday and got our new SIN number....will be updating the Bank and other credit rating agencies soon.

Finally we are Permanent Residents of Canada.......Thank you very much to all of you. This forum rocks......so helpful to each other........my salute to all of you....feel free to drop me a message if I can be of any further help.... I might not be visiting the forum that frequently anymore. But if you drop me a message, I will surely see it and reply back. Good Luck everyone.

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
One more thing to share

Before landing my status changed from IN PROCESS to Decision Made - after I saw my passports were dispatched from there.

After landing my status changed from DECISION MADE to COMPLETE

and it says following, when I click on the STATUS

We started processing your application on November 23, 2010.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the Carway office on May 6, 2011 and became a Permanent Resident. - this line got added yesterday

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
Bye Bye Bye Bye & Good Luck to all

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Enna

I will be landing along with my family in late july as well from SFO to Calgary.I will be using AVR to come back to the USA and will migrate finally by the end of this year.

enna said:
Hi to everyone,

can i asked if there are anyone here who lives in LA and is planning to land in July and will be using AVR?
i live here in LA ...

thanks,

enna
Surprised.

I just now also saw ag_tou's post on successful landing. Looks like he is also getting the cards the same way through post so we might be spared two trips.Let us wait and watch for a few more weeks.I plan to land in July and plan to use AVR to come back.

Surprised said:
Thanks for a good peice of advise Lights. I totally agree with you. Lets wait and watch on what the current trend is. I thought I heard someone else also mentioning a simillar experience. May I ask, whats your plan for landing?

enna

Feb 14, 2011
Hi lightinthemist,

can i asked a question...during departure, can you just tell them that you don't have your I-94 just in case they will asked you

lightsinthemist said:
Enna

I will be landing along with my family in late july as well from SFO to Calgary.I will be using AVR to come back to the USA and will migrate finally by the end of this year.

Surprised.

I just now also saw ag_tou's post on successful landing. Looks like he is also getting the cards the same way through post so we might be spared two trips.Let us wait and watch for a few more weeks.I plan to land in July and plan to use AVR to come back.

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
enna said:
Hi lightinthemist,

can i asked a question...during departure, can you just tell them that you don't have your I-94 just in case they will asked you
Any way , when u enter US, they will stamp new one. Its better to surrender.

If u are traveling to Canada multiple times, they will stamp multiple entry in I-94. They did that in mine, when I had workvisa of canada, and was flying in every week from US. In that case, you dont have to surrender that.

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
lightsinthemist said:
When I landed, the officer at Coutts told me , I will get PR cards in mail. But when I applied for SIN, the officer told me that I will have to pick it PR cards up.
If you are traveling in July, I will let you know, whether it came in mail or we had to pick it up.
Anyway, you can reenter Canada by Land with your COPR.

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Sinbad

Many thanks for adding some crucial information.Maybe the rules are getting updated and the officers at the landing are giving the standard reply whereas at the SIN cards as you mentioned they might be asking us to pick it up at whatever location specified by the mail we receive at the address specified.

Surprised

We will definetly hear from other users like Sinbad who can provide us an update of what is happening with the card situation. For now if one has to travel back to Canada without PR cards in hand ...I guess going by car is the only option with COPR documents.Also one user posted his experience of also obtaining alternate travel visa or documents at the nearest canadian consulate and using it for air travel.

If somebody is out of Usa right now and has to travel without PR cards in hand...I guess the travel documents obtained at local canadian consulate in whichever home country can be used for entering Canada along with COPR.

Enna

Coming to your question . You can definetly say you dont have it ...keep it out sight or simply produce an printed copy of the AVR memo detailing that the traveller need not submit it.

Anwyaz even if you surrender it like Sinbad said and Albertaorbust experienced himself ...they will issue an new I-94 but this might involve some hassle . And also Sinbad answered the other question about frequent trips being marked with an multiple entry in the I-94.

Sinbad said:
When I landed, the officer at Coutts told me , I will get PR cards in mail. But when I applied for SIN, the officer told me that I will have to pick it PR cards up.
If you are traveling in July, I will let you know, whether it came in mail or we had to pick it up.
Anyway, you can reenter Canada by Land with your COPR.