Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
My Landing Experience in our Calgary
Did landing in Calgary, AB. It went smooth and the new information is that they are not issuing the PR cards and its only letter stating that we should collect our PR cards in person at the specified location will be sent to the address provided by us at landing time. I took pre-filled PR IMM5444E.pdf, Passport, COPR & Photoes and handed it over to the officer and she returned IMM5444E.pdf and said she dont need it and did not collect photoes. She was nice and spoken very clearly and politely. I asked whether I need travel doc to travel back as I will be travelling back before you issue PR cards. She told that I dont need travel documnet to travel back to Canada provided I restrict myself to USA and insited you do need one if you leave USA. She greeted me " Welcome to Canda and you are now a Permanent resident of Canada" and directed me towards Customs. I provided my goods to follow list and office is very nice and he proactively added my Car details and said just incase you might change your mind and bring it. BTW I got a good deal in Priceline 350$ from LAX to SFO to Calgary and return. Reached downtown next day Harry Hays Building, Suite 270, 220 4th Avenue Southeast, Calgary, Alberta and opened an account in TD bank then moved to Register to apply health card, For this we need 3 items Picture id, Residence proof and Status proof ( Passport, Bank Statement that I just opened and COPR for status proof). Able to complete all of them in 4 hrs time. Then done quick research on downtown apts - Summary is expensive and less square foot. One more thing is I was not aware that Immigration check happens in Calgary itself and I was not prepared but it also went well. I did not throw my I94 when I left USA and US Immigration office asked couple of questions like where do you work and where do you stay etc and then he stamped the passport and let me in.
Do let me know if I can provide any specific information for your questions.

Thank you one and all in the forum and Good luck to all who are waiting for PPRs and Landing.

Cheers
clgry

DILSE

Apr 21, 2009
Congrats man,
I am flying from LAX next month.
one question where did u go for health card ? do we need AMA or AAA membership ?
did you use AVR to come back at LAX ? any suggestion for motel in calgary ? by the way i paid 439 for lax to calgary.

Thanks.

jimmyz500

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2009
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
Nomination.....
24-05-2010
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
Med's Request
31-01-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011
Thanks for sharing Calgary2010!

Quick questions, since this PR card process has changed, about how long did they say it will take for you to be able to pick up your PR card?

Thx,
-J

calgary2010 said:
Did landing in Calgary, AB. It went smooth and the new information is that they are not issuing the PR cards and its only letter stating that we should collect our PR cards in person at the specified location will be sent to the address provided by us at landing time. I took pre-filled PR IMM5444E.pdf, Passport, COPR & Photoes and handed it over to the officer and she returned IMM5444E.pdf and said she dont need it and did not collect photoes. She was nice and spoken very clearly and politely. I asked whether I need travel doc to travel back as I will be travelling back before you issue PR cards. She told that I dont need travel documnet to travel back to Canada provided I restrict myself to USA and insited you do need one if you leave USA. She greeted me " Welcome to Canda and you are now a Permanent resident of Canada" and directed me towards Customs. I provided my goods to follow list and office is very nice and he proactively added my Car details and said just incase you might change your mind and bring it. BTW I got a good deal in Priceline 350$ from LAX to SFO to Calgary and return. Reached downtown next day Harry Hays Building, Suite 270, 220 4th Avenue Southeast, Calgary, Alberta and opened an account in TD bank then moved to Register to apply health card, For this we need 3 items Picture id, Residence proof and Status proof ( Passport, Bank Statement that I just opened and COPR for status proof). Able to complete all of them in 4 hrs time. Then done quick research on downtown apts - Summary is expensive and less square foot. One more thing is I was not aware that Immigration check happens in Calgary itself and I was not prepared but it also went well. I did not throw my I94 when I left USA and US Immigration office asked couple of questions like where do you work and where do you stay etc and then he stamped the passport and let me in.

Thank you one and all in the forum and Good luck to all who are waiting for PPRs and Landing.

Cheers
clgry

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
lightsinthemist ,
Thanks bro for the reply. I googled it out and found out that the wife's medical report is intended blank because of privacy reasons. Phewwww......

lightsinthemist said:
Joseph

That explains a lot of things.They are probably still waiting for those medical results for your spouse.Since without her's they will not proceed for the PPR for you.Just immediately contact the doctor who did the tests and ask them to resend your wife's results asap.Also fax Buffalo at the numbers on the site along with a cover sheet requesting more information from the VO handling your case and also send them a specific status enquiry with respect to your wife's medicals. Just be very persistent...they will give you generic answers at first,but please request them for a status update from the VO directly .

Hang in there . It is a good thing the CAIPS notes has revealed this....if all goes well and the documents are found in ottawa or if the doctor sends them properly, they will make sure you get a PPR by june. I have noticed buffalo lags when documents are missing and once they are found...they will be superfast in expediting it.

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
20-02-2010 (AINP Doc Request)
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Sometime in the last week of December
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
Hello Everyone,

I got my Passports back today with Immigrant VISA stamped and will be doing the landing formalities tomorrow either at Coutts or Carway border.

Will update you with my experience.

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Joseph

Thats a releif to know. Hope you get the PPR soon enough ...it should happen next week I feel with the timeline.

Hang in there

Lights

josephdadreamer said:
lightsinthemist ,
Thanks bro for the reply. I googled it out and found out that the wife's medical report is intended blank because of privacy reasons. Phewwww......

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Calgary2010

Congratulations on successfully completing the landing. I will have to do a similar thing flying in from SFO to Calgary when I get my stamped passports back.

One question though ...the new changed process about the PR cards was confusing.Are they giving two options

1.One to collect the cards in person at specified location
2.Provide mailing address and collect them as usual .

Regards
Lights

calgary2010 said:

Cheers
clgry

rajeshindy

Apr 16, 2009
Could you please let me know what is the average turnaround time to get the passports stamped and get back from the buffalo consulate ? Appreciate your answer.

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joseph, you will get it soon....any day now....

ag_tou, congrats... now you are all set....

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Rajesh

Some got it superfast from the Buffalo consulate.If you check some of the previous posts couple of them got it back in 15 days .For some it took upto 3-4 weeks. Before March/Feb 2011 it took some of the applicants more than a month but nowadays they are sending it out fast.

I am myself waiting for my stamped passport, passport reached them on Apr 19th. So will be three weeks by the weekend ....hopefully get it in the coming weeks.

Lights

rajeshindy said:
Could you please let me know what is the average turnaround time to get the passports stamped and get back from the buffalo consulate ? Appreciate your answer.

yojo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2010
File Transfer...
17-NOV-2010 (Seattle)
Med's Request
17-JUL-2010
Med's Done....
05-AUG-2010
Passport Req..
22-FEB-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-MAR-2011
LANDED..........
waiting
Calgary2010,

Thanks for sharing this useful info.

I have a few questions for you -
1) For opening a back account, do we need an Alberta address ? Can we give a temporary or hotel address ?
2) Since the lady told that you don't need travel document while going back to canada, is this only applicable for travel by road ?

Thanks.

calgary2010 said:

Cheers
clgry

what_a_joke

Sep 24, 2009
Hi All,

reading recent landing experiences it seems like there is some significant change in the process regarding PR cards.
can someone please explain the process in detail and if we really need an Alberta address any more at the time of landing...
is there any link to any official advisory or update.

appreciate if someone can please provide some details...

thanks,
Sandeep

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yojo said:
Calgary2010,

Thanks for sharing this useful info.

I have a few questions for you -
1) For opening a back account, do we need an Alberta address ? Can we give a temporary or hotel address ?
2) Since the lady told that you don't need travel document while going back to canada, is this only applicable for travel by road ?

Thanks.
You are better off not giving hotel address for bank accounts as you dont want your correspondence to go to a place that could be vulnerable to fraud.

In the event you have to travel without a PR card, you can use COPR to travel by road. Travel document is needed if you want to travel by air.

jovan

Star Member
Aug 4, 2009
If you are immigrating to Canada you WILL RECEIVE YOUR PR CARD BY MAIL:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/arriving.asp

Always check the CIC website for your information and do not get confused by the different accounts floating around. The CIC website has the official process regarding this matter. If the process changes, the CIC website will be updated to indicate the change in process.

Jovan

shambho

Jan 8, 2010
If this is the official process, why the calgary2010 went thru a different process? I hope, it was just because of the officer who processed his landing and not a changed process.