+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

justinline

May 19, 2009
Tonyind,

I got PPR from Detroit yesterday.
Medical Done June-July 2010
File Transfer Oct 2010

If any body knows how many days/weeks/months to get the passport returned from Detroit consulate please let me know. I am planning trip outside US.

Justin...line

tonyind

Star Member
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2009
Nomination.....
12/10/2009
AOR Received.
07/23/2010
File Transfer...
01/05/2011 (Detroit )
Med's Request
07/23/2010
Med's Done....
07/29/2010 reached 08/5/2010
Passport Req..
06/10/11
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/11
justinline said:
Tonyind,

I got PPR from Detroit yesterday.
Medical Done June-July 2010
File Transfer Oct 2010

If any body knows how many days/weeks/months to get the passport returned from Detroit consulate please let me know. I am planning trip outside US.

Justin...line
Congrats Justin !!! At last you got it . Did they ask u additional documents while your file was in detroit or it's their regular time intact they took 5months to send u pR . My observation Detroit is too slow in all their process either PR or Passport PR stamp , there not much in this form about passport PR visa stamp but I read few comments in trackit and honestly their experience is not good to send their passport to Detroit . Out of one guy had send paid fedex evenlop but they had send with a regular mail and guess he lost his passport . I guess if you can make it personally that would be better this is my observation but u r the best Man .... I wish you good luck for your passport and safe landing friend .

zorro1

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
I got passports from buffalo today. I barely have two months to land in Alberta. Is it better to land in Calgary in Edmonton ? I am seeing cheaper flights to Edmonton than Calgary. How about places to visit?

ohhcanada, did u receive ur passports, my return tracking # started moving from yesterday

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vollog said:
Guys
I received an email from my lawyer today. Saying My case has been approved and ask me to mail my passport to them~~~~

I just did my medical last month and my new born did his two weeks ago. I can't believe what happen here. When i saw the email it is too late to call my lawyer to confirm....... my time line is CIC application June 10, 2010. med request: Nov 1 2010. I delay my medical because new born. and i did my medical Feb 20, 2011. the new born did his march 02, 2011. my case status still show in process, nothing change.

i can't reach my lawyer until monday...... damn.. what a weekend it is,.,. do you guys think it is a mistake by lawyer?
Pardon me for asking this but any reason for using Lawyer?

morpheous

Dec 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-25-2009
Nomination.....
11-26-2009
AOR Received.
06-28-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
06-28-2010
Med's Done....
07-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Still Waiting.....
LANDED..........
Still Waiting.....
Zorro1,
When did Buffalo receive your passport?

zorro1 said:
I got passports from buffalo today. I barely have two months to land in Alberta. Is it better to land in Calgary in Edmonton ? I am seeing cheaper flights to Edmonton than Calgary. How about places to visit?

ohhcanada, did u receive ur passports, my return tracking # started moving from yesterday

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seriously dude, you got some issues. First you call me Reddy or something for not sharing a ride and now this. Do you have "JERK" written on your forehead or people just figure it out? Get a life...
washington.state said:
wait a sec.. what the hell is wrong with you? Are you still watching too much those bloody bollywood movies where in end there is background music of pee..pe..pee and all actors are crying because dog of actor got shot during fight with gang? If you don't want to post then just disappear why the hell this immature crying scenerio? grow up man. you don't have to post this dejection song. It seems you have some attention problem so you want others to build a Monument and memorial on highway in memory of your membership on this forum. Perhaps, environment in Calgary is so depressive that as a newly landed immigrant you are getting real taste of Canadian immigration where you went to wendys and they said they don't have any job. They also said that please apply online and we will respond after 3 years of your application so you would have filed bankruptcy three times by then. Then you went to walmart where a Bangladeshi was cashier and you asked for job application then he also said that please apply online. Then you went to office depot they asked for Canadian experience and advised that volunteer and gain Canadian experience and in order to do volunteer you are asked to stand outside Calgary Intn'l Airport and ask passengers "Can I help you with your luggage?"

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Glad you got yours. Yes I received mine today as well. I have until late in August. Exactly one year from my medical exam from 2010. Hope others get their in the coming days as well.

zorro1 said:

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ohhcanada said:
Glad you got yours. Yes I received mine today as well. I have until late in August. Exactly one year from my medical exam from 2010. Hope others get their in the coming days as well.

Just move to Calgary. This is such a big confusion between Calgary and Edmonton that you may delay your migration. The right place will be where a good job is waiting for you it could be Fort McMurray which is further north of Edmonton. so You don't know. Calgary is the best as a starting point.

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Thanks washington.state.
I haven't decided yet, but most probably it will be Calgary as it looks like a more beautiful city than Edmonton, not that Edmonton is bad or anything. But the pictures of Calgary on google show it with better scenery compared to Edmonton. But I have to 2nd you on the "The right place will be where a good job is waiting for you ...."

washington.state said:
Just move to Calgary. This is such a big confusion between Calgary and Edmonton that you may delay your migration. The right place will be where a good job is waiting for you it could be Fort McMurray which is further north of Edmonton. so You don't know. Calgary is the best as a starting point.

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
I am no one to judge every immigrant, but many of your assumptions aren't true for me. "...opportunity to come back to US" for one, I Certainly will come to visit friends etc. in the US, but otherwise I fully plan to settle in Canada and I am sure there are others who also plan to genuinely immigrate to Canada.

That said, I am sure I will have to work harder to get adjusted etc... in Canada, possibly work 110% above everyone else to impress my new bosses to be, but I am sure one day I will be a boss too and hopefully in the process, I won't bloody my nose or someone's.

Cheers.

washington.state said:
The biggest scenery of a bloody immigrant is the nice paycheck, stability of finances and an opportunity to come back to US so don't make any decision based upon the tree, mountain or jogging blonde just look where you have stability of finance and that is the main goal of a bloody immigrant no matter where he lives.

Tees Maar Khan

Mar 12, 2011
washington.state said:
wait a sec.. what the hell is wrong with you? Are you still watching too much those bloody bollywood movies where in end there is background music of pee..pe..pee and all actors are crying because dog of actor got shot during fight with gang? If you don't want to post then just disappear why the hell this immature crying scenerio? grow up man. you don't have to post this dejection song. It seems you have some attention problem so you want others to build a Monument and memorial on highway in memory of your membership on this forum. Perhaps, environment in Calgary is so depressive that as a newly landed immigrant you are getting real taste of Canadian immigration where you went to wendys and they said they don't have any job. They also said that please apply online and we will respond after 3 years of your application so you would have filed bankruptcy three times by then. Then you went to walmart where a Bangladeshi was cashier and you asked for job application then he also said that please apply online. Then you went to office depot they asked for Canadian experience and advised that volunteer and gain Canadian experience and in order to do volunteer you are asked to stand outside Calgary Intn'l Airport and ask passengers "Can I help you with your luggage?"

Tum toa badey chootiya kisam kay aadmi ho. kuch bhi baaktey ho.

Tees Maar Khan

Mar 12, 2011
washington.state said:
It depends what type of settlement you seek. The depressive forces in Canada are so high that in best case you will end up in a low profile business ranging from Chicken tikka Masala type restraunt to Gas station. You degree, education will be of no use and be bloody Canadian enterpreneur and compete in business with high school fail third class immigrants. This is the best scenerio otherwise 10 years in Home Depot and 5 years in Kmart and after that Social Welfare check with retirement plan. Hurray Canadian Citizen with white hairs and 62 years of age, diabetes and bank balance of 3456.88 CAD$

Overall achievement of these 15-20 years = A blue book containing 15-20 pages called Canadian Passport.
Tumhari bhalia hai ki tum koi sarkari paagal khaane mein bhaarti hoa jao. Nahi toa tum saab Canada immigrant ko paagal kaar doa gey.

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Not sure why are you so negative washington.state. I am sure there are many well educated immigrants in Canada who are working in their field of expertise. Are you saying all these negative things from your experience in Canada? If so, then my sympathies with you. I feel that you must be suffering really bad, and frankly you are scaring many of us here, good or bad will let everyone decide on their own. I take this as a good thing that you are sharing all the negative information since I am hoping that it will actually help myself and others better prepare before we do move to Canada

However, if you are still in the US, and planning to immigrate to Canada, well then, unfortunately again, I am sure you are already suffering in the US like many of us, which is probably why you are going to Canada, isn't it?

Anyway don't take it personal, I am just trying to understand the situation and extract any useful information that may help the rest of us in this forum.

And by the way there is nothing wrong with "Chicken tikka Masala type restraunt to Gas station", somebody has to run those businesses. If they are making money enough to sustain themselves, well then obviously they are contributing to the Canadian economy. As far as the ones who collect social welfare checks, I have known and seen many US born citizens who do the same. Trust me the Canadian government has already calculated these few welfare collectors in their long term immigration equation just like any retailer (large or small) would adjust their price for loss and theft in their pricing models.

Cheers.

washington.state said:
It depends what type of settlement you seek. The depressive forces in Canada are so high that in best case you will end up in a low profile business ranging from Chicken tikka Masala type restraunt to Gas station. You degree, education will be of no use and be bloody Canadian enterpreneur and compete in business with high school fail third class immigrants. This is the best scenerio otherwise 10 years in Home Depot and 5 years in Kmart and after that Social Welfare check with retirement plan. Hurray Canadian Citizen with white hairs and 62 years of age, diabetes and bank balance of 3456.88 CAD$

Overall achievement of these 15-20 years = A blue book containing 15-20 pages called Canadian Passport.