+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

C

cchabert

Stupid_Cupid said:
Guys if we land Ontario, can we apply heath card there itself or we have to go to Alberta to get one????
Ontario is 3 months waiting period for health card Alberta is since day 1

Cheers

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stupid_Cupid said:
Guys if we land Ontario, can we apply heath card there itself or we have to go to Alberta to get one????
You apply where you will reside.

C

cchabert

Stupid_Cupid said:
I would love if guys who already been there put some light on this but no hanky panky

Here is my experience for those who haven't read it :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/from-atlanta-to-calgary-my-first-6-months-job-experience-t49940.60.html

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
The study is a real one and is frankly not very encouraging. Obviously for all us new immigrants, we have our work cut out for us. For those interested in reading the study, see below:

http://oncampus.macleans.ca/education/2009/05/21/ubc-study-finds-people-with-foreign-names-face-job-discrimination/

http://www.publicaffairs.ubc.ca/media/releases/2009/mr-09-056.html

washington.state said:
Keep in mind, this Canadian experience thing applies to most third world country nationals. If you are white, doesn't matter even if a russian and can mock the Canadian english, he will have very less hard time to find a job. Second thing is name which is extremely important. University of British Columbia did a research and they submitted online thousands of resume for thousands of jobs and they concluded that if you have a foreign name than it is 100 times harder than christian names. So actually US is the real cosmopolitan society not Canada. Here kunta kinte is the President of United States but there only peter ahmed can deliver pizza.

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
DUHHH WINNING!!!!

washington.state said:
They are saying that more research is needed to determine if it is intentional but fact is that it is kind of hybrid. Most of the times it is intentional. Fact is that Canadians are nothing but third world nationals who have wrapped themselves into this developed, US neighbors, G8 member type wraps. Canadians are more than willing to study in US Universities! why? have you seen any other developed nation where locals are dying to immigrate to any other place? Germans, french, British??? The people who praise Canada are themselves are not complete professionals and once they move they get all opportunities to do creepy jobs and then they start calling is best place to live. The reason that this person was a janitor by birth and that's what he got in Canada and he is happy.

rajeshindy

Apr 16, 2009
Hi Washington

Dude..dont spread your worries to others...If you are in canada and not getting a job...best of luck or leave ...if you are somewhere else...and not finding it viable...to immigrate...just dont go...Everybody is not YOU .This forum is not only for third national citizens..but for everybody...GO GET A LIFE

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
Any takers? ;D

washington.state said:
WELL AT THE SAME TIME I ALSO KNOW THAT I AM VERY CLOSE TO ACHIEVE WHAT I WANT TO ACHIVE DOESN'T MATTER HOW DISCRIMINATING CANADA IS. ALL WE NEED IS TO UNITE AND CREATE A SUCCESSFUL GROUP PROFESSIONALS. SEND ME PM IF YOU WANT TO JOIN ME IN THIS ENDEAVOR. SUCCESS IS NEVER TOO FAR IF YOU ARE CONSTANTLY THINKING OUT OF BOX. CALLING ALL H1B IT PROFESSIONALS WHO HAVE LANDED OR ABOUT LAND. I THINK I WILL BE THE ONE WHO WILL REALLY BREAK THIS GLASS CEILING AND LEAVE A PATH FOR ALL THOSE WHO WILL COME AFTER ME WILL NEVER HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO BREW CAPACUINNO OR LATTE CHAI.

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
I will PM him to see what it involves. But I am won't be in Canada until mid summer some time.

josephdadreamer said:
Any takers? ;D

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Are you talking about creating a brotherhood of H1-B immigrants from canadavisa.com forum or something like that? Not a bad idea. We all get together sometime in Calgary during the summer for a cup of coffee or tea and network one another in. If successful good, if not well we would have tried.

washington.state said:
SEE THE POINT IS HOW CAN YOU BECOME A COMPLETE PROFESSIONAL AS PER CANADIAN ENERGY SECTOR IF NO ONE OFFERS YOU EMPLOYMENT IN THAT SECTOR? YOU BECOME ACCOMPLISHED BY EXPERIENCE WHICH YOU DON'T GET THERE. YOU SPEND TIME IN SELLING PHONE CARDS TO OTHERS AND CRUSHED UNDER THAT HYDRAULIC PRESSURE OF FAILURE. THERE HAS TO BE A WAY AND THE WAY IS NETWORKING. THEN WE HAVE REDDY PHENOMENON THAT ONE SUCCESSFUL PROFESSIONAL WILL CALL HIS VILLAGE TO IMPORT ANOTHER REDDY BROTHER BUT WILL NEVER ASSIST YOU TO GAIN AVAILABLE POSITION IN THAT ORGANIZATION.

C

cchabert

ohhcanada said:
Are you talking about creating a brotherhood of H1-B immigrants from canadavisa.com forum or something like that? Not a bad idea. We all get together sometime in Calgary during the summer for a cup of coffee or tea and network one another in. If successful good, if not well we would have tried.
I'll wait for all you guys here , I know a nice place to eat chicken wings and beer ;-)

girish68

Sep 10, 2010
Recd PPR from NY embassy today

Applied to CIC : May 26, 2010
AOR Date : 31 Aug, 2010
Medical Completed 13 Sep 2010
File transferred to NY : 15 Mar 2011
PPR Request from NY : 28 Mar, 2011 (Need to send Passport in 60 days and land in Canada by 13 Sep 2011)

cuterash

Star Member
Feb 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-15-2010
Nomination.....
11-18-2009
AOR Received.
07-03-2010
File Transfer...
To LA - 10/20/2010
Med's Request
07-03-2010
Med's Done....
07-03-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-14-2010
VISA ISSUED...
03-25-2011
LANDED..........
06-06-2011
After 838 DAYS of total process time for AINP, i recieved my passport with visa and COPR from LA on 3/25/11

LA Consulate took almost 7 week to issue me a visa.

Date of expiry on visa is 1 year from the Medicals .

i am planning a visit in June 2011,

i am from Houston and planning to come back after landing formalities , now the question is should i go to Alberta or Onterio . Seniors and other memebers please suggest. i would definately prefer ontario but if it is a NO NO then Alberta is the only choice.

Also I will have to use AVR , Is it still good ???

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
20-02-2010 (AINP Doc Request)
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Sometime in the last week of December
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
Hi Guys,

I am very busy these days and can't spend time in replying back for some unecessary and unwanted comments, which some people are making here.

But I couldn't resist anymore, when I see some people like WASHINGTON.STATE, spreading rumors and unproved statements, which scare others and create stress around people, who are hopeful of starting a good life in Canada.

Let me give some inputs from my side:

- I got nomination in May last year and within 10-15 days got the job from US itself. (with a 20% increment)
- Moved to Calgary in August 2010.
- I took 1-2 month in job settling and adjusting my kid in the day care.
- Almost October mid, my spouse started looking for job and got the job in just one week.
- I am continuing in my engineering profile and she is in Management. Her first job gave her a good break and a decent starting salary.
- After working for 5 months and gaining some local experience, she started looking for a more better job and with her hard work, friends, and networking, she got the job in hardly less then a month...and doubled up her salary as well as got a very good position too.
- in just last 6-7 months, we have doubled up our annual household income.
- Both are working with very good companies and satisfied with our move.

Not just me, I have seen at least 4-5 families moving to Alberta through AINP and they got jobs or came with job from US.....Its your hard work and efforts, which pay.

I, chalocanada, cchabert, kisha, jxjy .....all are enjoying our move...and we are going to have Ell.Bee joining us soon.

So guys, don't spend time in focusing on these stupid rumors......rather foucs on your job search, udate your resume as per Canadian needs, grow your network (use Linkedin....make sure you have your city in your profile as Calgary, add to groups like Linking Calgary and Calgary Technology Network, Calgary Business Analysts etc), combine the job search tool with Linkedin and apply.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
Hi cuterash,

Congratulations. Can you please information like when your passport reached LA, when your visa was issued, and when your passport return was sent?
Thanks.

"the"
cuterash said:
After 838 DAYS of total process time for AINP, i recieved my passport with visa and COPR from LA on 3/25/11

LA Consulate took almost 7 week to issue me a visa.

Date of expiry on visa is 1 year from the Medicals .

i am planning a visit in June 2011,

i am from Houston and planning to come back after landing formalities , now the question is should i go to Alberta or Onterio . Seniors and other memebers please suggest. i would definately prefer ontario but if it is a NO NO then Alberta is the only choice.

Also I will have to use AVR , Is it still good ???