Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
So don't spend time in reading or replying the comments, which at the place of giving you strength gives u nothing but just worries and stresses.

For the first job, you will have to try a little harder then normal (if you are from management side), but once you have the first break...moving further is not a problem at all.

Remember, Where there's a will there's a way

You just need to focus your energy and time into something constructive and move forward......don't kill your time in something, which is keeping yourself from a good life for which you were waiting from last many years.

Message me if you need any help in job search or what can you do to find job in Canada. I would love to share our experiences with you.

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
ag_tou said:
Hi Guys,

I am very busy these days and can't spend time in replying back for some unecessary and unwanted comments, which some people are making here.

But I couldn't resist anymore, when I see some people like WASHINGTON.STATE, spreading rumors and unproved statements, which scare others and create stress around people, who are hopeful of starting a good life in Canada.

Let me give some inputs from my side:

- I got nomination in May last year and within 10-15 days got the job from US itself. (with a 20% increment)
- Moved to Calgary in August 2010.
- I took 1-2 month in job settling and adjusting my kid in the day care.
- Almost October mid, my spouse started looking for job and got the job in just one week.
- I am continuing in my engineering profile and she is in Management. Her first job gave her a good break and a decent starting salary.
- After working for 5 months and gaining some local experience, she started looking for a more better job and with her hard work, friends, and networking, she got the job in hardly less then a month...and doubled up her salary as well as got a very good position too.
- in just last 6-7 months, we have doubled up our annual household income.
- Both are working with very good companies and satisfied with our move.

Not just me, I have seen at least 4-5 families moving to Alberta through AINP and they got jobs or came with job from US.....Its your hard work and efforts, which pay.

I, chalocanada, cchabert, kisha, jxjy .....all are enjoying our move...and we are going to have Ell.Bee joining us soon.

So guys, don't spend time in focusing on these stupid rumors......rather foucs on your job search, udate your resume as per Canadian needs, grow your network (use Linkedin....make sure you have your city in your profile as Calgary, add to groups like Linking Calgary and Calgary Technology Network, Calgary Business Analysts etc), combine the job search tool with Linkedin and apply.
Hi,

I am planning to move to Calgary in June first week. About job you got while being in US, did you provide Canada phone number and also is it ok to have no Canadian exp for getting job(IT)?

Thanks for your help, in advance

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
20-02-2010 (AINP Doc Request)
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Sometime in the last week of December
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
King80,

Lets think what a difference a Canadian number will make:
- It will make the employer relaxed that he wouldn't have to give you relocation.....for sure, if you will be a hiring manager and you have two eqaually qualified applicants...one across the border and another in the same city, which one will you prefer....for sure the local one.

So it helps for any job......doesn't matter, management or IT.

- Also change your email id on the C.V. to something like yahoo.ca - it helps.....the Immigrant Support groups here in Calgary suggest doing this.

- A local address also helps - if you can get one.

I didn't have to do all this, my luck ......but many people do that and it certainly help....we did this for one of my friend, who got his denial letter from AINP last year for IT Ctegory and he got a job offer today (six figure and from one of the top notch management consulting firm) ..... above are some of the things, we used.

You can order a nettalk phone, one of my friend from US, who is planning to move her....ordered that.....you can configure auto-forwarding to your US number.
King80 said:
Hi,

I am planning to move to Calgary in June first week. About job you got while being in US, did you provide Canada phone number and also is it ok to have no Canadian exp for getting job(IT)?

Thanks for your help, in advance

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
ag_tou said:
King80,

Lets think what a difference a Canadian number will make:
- It will make the employer relaxed that he wouldn't have to give you relocation.....for sure, if you will be a hiring manager and you have two eqaually qualified applicants...one across the border and another in the same city, which one will you prefer....for sure the local one.

So it helps for any job......doesn't matter, management or IT.

- Also change your email id on the C.V. to something like yahoo.ca - it helps.....the Immigrant Support groups here in Calgary suggest doing this.

- A local address also helps - if you can get one.

I didn't have to do all this, my luck ......but many people do that and it certainly help....we did this for one of my friend, who got his denial letter from AINP last year for IT Ctegory and he got a job offer today (six figure and from one of the top notch management consulting firm) ..... above are some of the things, we used.

You can order a nettalk phone, one of my friend from US, who is planning to move her....ordered that.....you can configure auto-forwarding to your US number.
Thanks Much for the detailed information. It is really helpfull. Yeah i have a address in Calgary.

One last question again, so all of US experience on your resume does not shorten your chances for the job?

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
- Cut short your C.V. to 2 pages taking care that the important information should not be removed.
- you might want to have multiple versions - as one can work in different areas - Idea is your C.V. should speak for you.
- In your Cover letter - mention what all you can contribute to that profile

Grow your Linkedin network in Calgary......I can't stop laughing when someone says that there are no Linkedin profiles in Calgary.........I am not sure which website that guy is visiting at the place of linkedin.

Add Linking Calgary, Calgary Technology Network groups.

Start adding people related to your profile through these groups.

For sure, if y ou are Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Mining engineer - finding jobs are easier....little hard for IT, other engineering, and non-OIL ENERGY GAS sector based management professional.....but nothing impossible...I am an Electronic Engineer and my wife is also from a Non-OIL ENERGY GAS sector based management profile.

But with a good search and focus, you will certainly find a good job soon.

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
US experience is counted even better then Canadian experience and it certainly helps.
But there are people even coming from almost every country of the world....so the term Canadian Experience is more valid from them.

Management guys also need a little touch of local Canadian experience

King80 said:
Thanks Much for the detailed information. It is really helpfull. Yeah i have a address in Calgary.

One last question again, so all of US experience on your resume does not shorten your chances for the job?

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
King80 said:

Hi,

Adding more information that ag_tou has shared, you can buy a magic jack here in the US itself and register for a Canadian number. Once you register the magic jack, you can go online and forward the calls to your US cellphone. You will receive all your calls in the US while the caller thinks he is calling a Canadian number.

There difference between Magic Jack vs Net Talk Duo is the Magic Jack needs a computer running all the time, where as the Net Talk does not need a computer, it can directly connect to the router.

Netalk purchased in the US cannot register a Canadian number, but if you buy it from Amazon.ca you can register a Canadian number.

Magic Jack has no restriction for selecting the number, but you need to pay $10 per year extra for a Canadian number.

Thanks,
L.B

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
Ell.Bee,

Thanks for sharing.

Ell.Bee said:
Hi,

information that ag_tou has shared. you can buy a magic jack here in the US itself and register for a Canadian number. Once you register the magic jack, you can go online and forward the calls to your US cellphone. You will receive all your calls in the US while the caller thinks he is calling a Canadian number.

There difference between Magic Jack vs Net Talk Duo is the Magic Jack needs a computer running all the time, where as the Net Talk does not need a computer, it can directly connect to the router.

Netalk purchased in the US cannot register a Canadian number, but if you buy it from Amazon.ca you can register a Canadian number.

Magic Jack has no restriction for selecting the number, but you need to pay $10 per year extra for a Canadian number.

Thanks,
L.B

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
If you can't face your problem, then there is a problem with your face. ;D

washington.state said:
Have tried all this clever aXs methods from Virtual Canadian 403 number to skype to video conferencing but client want to see blue eyes and blonde hairs well that is not even a issue so color your hairs and put blue contact lenses, make sure you are not very dark skinned otherwise look like trans...., but during return they will stop at border when CBSA officials will see a PR Card with immigrant name and picture but person with blonde hairs and blue eyes.

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
I don't agree with your color thing....I am not denying that there is no racism. Thats everywhere in the world......
But talent matters and thats what is valued in this fast pace business world. A white person with zero skills and a dark/black guy (educated, skilled, and competitive) - whom will you prefer as a Boss of Bosses.

Its revenue, growth, profit - which matter for the upper management - who is doing work for them - doesn't matter untill the person can do good and is doing good.

and when you say 400,000 and 500,000 - the only thing which comes to my mind and ring a bell is -

MOST OF THE CANADIAN IMMIGRANTS FROM US ARE PEOPLE WITH PACKAGE RANGING BETWEEN 70/75 K - 150/200 K - We want to settle down in an advanced country, and then grow further.

with 400,000 expectations - you are way out from group of such people

Another thing which worries me based on your statement:

Getting such big pay check and being in US from 11 years - why still you dont have a green card.

EB2 as well as EB3 - dotn't take more then 6-8 years.....is something wrong?

Ny cousing came to US in 2007 as a VP of an India Consulting company and got his GC in just 6 months in EB1 category.

Your statements are creating lot of questions about your situation in my mind.

If you have got some frustrations based on your expectations and plans, dont panic others with your comments.

washington.state said:
Have tried all this clever aXs methods from Virtual Canadian 403 number to skype to video conferencing but client want to see blue eyes and blonde hairs well that is not even a issue so color your hairs and put blue contact lenses, make sure you are not very dark skinned otherwise look like trans...., but during return they will stop at border when CBSA officials will see a PR Card with immigrant name and picture but person with blonde hairs and blue eyes.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
washington.state said:
washington.state,

There are several thing you have tried but failed.....few of the things that anyone on the forum could tell.

You tried to get someone share a ride with you, but you failed.

You tried to get famous on the forum but you failed, instead you lost respect for your own words.

You tried to misguide people but you failed, no one cares for your bull*censored word*.

If your life has been full of failures, that dont mean it applies to others.

LOL...

What could one expect of a person who cannot fund his drive from East Coast to Canada, leave alone the guts to buy a flight ticket and travel.

Probably its you and your personality, and failure and negativty is a part if it. Get a life for youself.

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
Good One Ell.Bee

and remember, he not a small guys like us....he is the one who talks of 400,000 and 500,000...and he is the boss of bosses.

But still can't pay for his trip.............is he talking about 400,000 dollars of 400,000 cents :)

Ell.Bee said:
washington.state,

There are several thing you have tried but failed.....few of the things that anyone on the forum could tell.

You tried to get someone share a ride with you, but you failed.

You tried to get famous on the forum but you failed, instead you lost respect for your own words.

You tried to misguide people but you failed, no one cares for your bull*censored word*.

If your life has been full of failures, that dont mean it applies to others.

LOL...

What could one expect of a person who cannot fund his drive from East Coast to Canada, leave alone the guts to buy a flight ticket and travel.

Get a life for youself.

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
Truth is truth.........if you are so high profiled.....JP Morgan as well as Bank of Boston will try to retain you and help you with the GC.
Nothing is wrong with me.....its wrong with you.

washington.state said:
You majesty, don't ask this question why US don't offer GC for someone who have been working in US for 11 years. When you work for fulltime for top clients then they don't listen anything expect paying you nice ontime. all those practices of PERM, GC and Labor blah blah blah.. all are the business of reddy. Small companies hire with promise of GC, percentage split and transfer etc but not Bank of Boston or JP Morgan. JP Morgan never say that please transfer your H1 and we will process your GC. Blood shoot out of my eyes on this question that 11 years in US with NO GC what the hell is wrong with you.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
washington.state said:
This certainly applies to others and have applied for others but the only thing is nobody will have the balls to share reality and make others ready for that. People lie and avoid to face reality. You all will be home depot movers and that's the truth but you will never post it because you are scared and weak and panic who have become part of this bubble. People like you will pose to be optimistic and will be seen in backroom of restraunt washing dishes but scared to post reality and be ready for that or atleast prepare for that.

As far as trip is concerned, even I have capacity to do anything I will still be looking for best deal in terms of moving the cheapest way. That's how bloody immigrants do and that's why they have money and they remain rich. Why bloody immigrant doctor who makes 250,000 per year drives 2002 Toyota while he can afford to drive BMW or Benz? for same reason what I said.
Atleast other have their own respect and dignity not to beg for sharing gas expenses.

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
girish68 said:
Recd PPR from NY embassy today

Applied to CIC : May 26, 2010
AOR Date : 31 Aug, 2010
Medical Completed 13 Sep 2010
File transferred to NY : 15 Mar 2011
PPR Request from NY : 28 Mar, 2011 (Need to send Passport in 60 days and land in Canada by 13 Sep 2011)
Congratulation and wish you best luck for further......