+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

Tees Maar Khan

Mar 12, 2011
ohhcanada said:
Not sure why are you so negative washington.state. I am sure there are many well educated immigrants in Canada who are working in their field of expertise. Are you saying all these negative things from your experience in Canada? If so, then my sympathies with you. I feel that you must be suffering really bad, and frankly you are scaring many of us here, good or bad will let everyone decide on their own. I take this as a good thing that you are sharing all the negative information since I am hoping that it will actually help myself and others better prepare before we do move to Canada

However, if you are still in the US, and planning to immigrate to Canada, well then, unfortunately again, I am sure you are already suffering in the US like many of us, which is probably why you are going to Canada, isn't it?

Anyway don't take it personal, I am just trying to understand the situation and extract any useful information that may help the rest of us in this forum.

And by the way there is nothing wrong with "Chicken tikka Masala type restraunt to Gas station", somebody has to run those businesses. If they are making money enough to sustain themselves, well then obviously they are contributing to the Canadian economy. As far as the ones who collect social welfare checks, I have known and seen many US born citizens who do the same. Trust me the Canadian government has already calculated these few welfare collectors in their long term immigration equation just like any retailer (large or small) would adjust their price for loss and theft in their pricing models.

Cheers.
washington.state saab sey baada chootiya hai.

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
So I don't want to make this into a political debate for/against immigration into Canada. The purpose of this forum is to educate ourselves to prepare us for our potential and hopefully eventual immigration to Canada and settle there successfully. Though some of the information you have sharing with us negative they might be, does give me a stimulus to think more and possibly research as to what happens to folks who do immigrate to Canada especially well educated ones with US experience. So thanks for that.

May I ask, you seem to be making points with certain level almost conviction and certainty. Do you mind I ask if you are already in Canada and experiencing all what you have been saying either in person or people around you?

And so I think it will be helpful if we can hear from some seniors who already moved to Canada specifically Alberta and share their information in the " Settlement Topics > Settlement Issues" as I believe that is a more appropriate forums for that kind of information.

:)

washington.state said:
This is not true. People conceal their story and put everything on Canada born generation's shoulder. The success rate is extremely low for profesionals to get continous employment in their field. Many get into Industry but kicked out immediately because Canadians themselves are as broke as any third world national. Second thing is that overall depressive forces create a bubble which keep you under hydraulic pressure and after a certain time your entire enthusiasm is crushed, compressed and you are just a person who is hardworking with PhD degree. This is the kind of bloody immigrant Canada needs that super educated, computer friendly, 3+ eye glass wearing person speaking with accent and wraping tuna sandwich. The bubble includes certification requirements, regulatory requirements, Canadain vs foreign qualification, Canadain experience with only six month summer time job availability. During winter just sit in home. Technically speaking "hardworking" is a title for labor who has no dynamism, enthusiasm and creativity. just labor who can move stone, showel snow, clean dishes and wrap sandwiches.

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
I am requesting to all of you Pls. do not use abusive language in this forum...Thanks...

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
vollog said:
Guys
I received an email from my lawyer today. Saying My case has been approved and ask me to mail my passport to them~~~~

I just did my medical last month and my new born did his two weeks ago. I can't believe what happen here. When i saw the email it is too late to call my lawyer to confirm....... my time line is CIC application June 10, 2010. med request: Nov 1 2010. I delay my medical because new born. and i did my medical Feb 20, 2011. the new born did his march 02, 2011. my case status still show in process, nothing change.

i can't reach my lawyer until monday...... damn.. what a weekend it is,.,. do you guys think it is a mistake by lawyer?
congratulation ....Your very lucky guy...Wish you all the best...

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
I 2nd that. Let us keep it direct but courteous to allow for open exchange of ideas that are already helping many of us here. This forum has certainly helped me so far and I hope that it will continue to do the same for myself and others long after I have moved to Canada. Certainly I will share any useful information/experience after I do move to Canada.

:)

JENNYSEC said:
I am requesting to all of you Pls. do not use abusive language in this forum...Thanks...

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
thats tru...some of them dont write the reality but some share their experience very honestly...One of my friend migrate canada from India he was working in Essar Oil refinery ....since last two years he is working in some food processing industries in night shift on packing line....but we know that immigration is tough step....and no job is weiting for you....we have to make our path by hook or crook...

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
is that difficult to get a job? Iam scared.

JENNYSEC said:
thats tru...some of them dont write the reality but some share their experience very honestly...One of my friend migrate canada from India he was working in Essar Oil refinery ....since last two years he is working in some food processing industries in night shift on packing line....but we know that immigration is tough step....and no job is weiting for you....we have to make our path by hook or crook...

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
Man, don't scare me.. is that difficult to get a job? Iam scared.

Just wondering did you applied for Canadian PR..?

washington.state said:
It depends what type of settlement you seek. The depressive forces in Canada are so high that in best case you will end up in a low profile business ranging from Chicken tikka Masala type restraunt to Gas station. You degree, education will be of no use and be bloody Canadian enterpreneur and compete in business with high school fail third class immigrants. This is the best scenerio otherwise 10 years in Home Depot and 5 years in Kmart and after that Social Welfare check with retirement plan. Hurray Canadian Citizen with white hairs and 62 years of age, diabetes and bank balance of 3456.88 CAD$

Overall achievement of these 15-20 years = A blue book containing 15-20 pages called Canadian Passport.

JENNYSEC

Star Member
Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10
File Transfer...
detroit
Med's Request
june 2011
Med's Done....
june 2011
Passport Req..
march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
march 2012
LANDED..........
13 JUNE 2012
lee26 said:
is that difficult to get a job? Iam scared.
lee 26 I dont want creat panic enviroment.But we must know no job is waiting for us.We put little bit more effords to get a job in comperation of India or US.It takes time and we do not loose our temper..dont worry go ahed victory is yours.

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Please note that at first I didn't agree with washington.state's comments about how difficult it is to find jobs in Canada. However, his comments did force me to do a little digging of my own, I checked out online all weekend (wish had saved some of those links), but it does seem like the Canadian economy is general and the Canadian employers in specific are (its hard to say it in writing) are somewhat difficult and shall I say a little less welcoming to new immigrant employees (NOT the Canadian people, they seem far more polite and courteous). I also talked to a few guys who have previously immigrated to Canada in mid 2000's and warned me of similar hardships. In specific these two points which I am summarizing in my own words here:

- If not all, most jobs for some reason prefer Canadian experience as if the years of US experience is less in value somehow. Most time they won't mention this on the job description/ads.
- There is this negative perception buildup in the minds of many hiring managers when they see your name(foreign sounding name), they think of another newly arrived immigrant trying to get a job, who probably don't speak the language well, or lacks the Canadian work ethics etc....... you got the picture.

I certainly hoped this was not the case, but after spending two days online reading hundreds of forums messages and the two guys I talked to both of whom are now in the US, I am certainly thinking more reservedly and frankly has somewhat curtailed my enthusiasm in finding a job immediately. That doesn't mean that I have given up any hope. Frankly if I could find well paid jobs(not some sweat shop) one after another for years here in the US with all the H1-B baggage that I brought to my new employers, I am sure I will eventually get one in Canada as well. It may not be as easy though. I am sure this applies to many of us here in this forum.

The lessen that we should all learn from this is that we need to be realists, save as much money as possible to support yourself as a new immigrant in Canada until you find a job, and work 110% harder to find a job. Seriously guys to me the H1-B visa is more restraining than being a new LEGAL immigrant in Canada fully authorized to work. Good Luck to all of us.

Oh about the two guys I talked to regarding Canadian experience are who are now in the US:
- one is working as an IT manager and another as IT contractor
- At the time of their Canadian immigration they both had about 4-5 years experience each in the US.
- One is about to get his US citizenship and the other is a US GC holder.
- One is a USA BSc and MSc degrees holder as well.
- Both speak fluent English and very little ascent.
- you get the picture.

I hope this helps you prepare better than mere getting scared.

Regards,

lee26 said:
Man, don't scare me.. is that difficult to get a job? Iam scared.

Just wondering did you applied for Canadian PR..?

SinghIsKing

Jul 15, 2009
LANDED

Guys!
Just want to share our landing Experience last Friday March 25 2011.
We landed through Detroit Windsor Tunnel. The IO at window directed us to Customs and Immigration. We have to wait half an hour before we were called. I gave them all the papers and original goods to accompany & follow list (two copies). Then they asked for my address in Canada. I provided them with Ontario's address and mentioned that this will be our address for next 3 months till be move to Alberta. They were very nice , generous and happy people.
They welcomed me 4-5 times to Canada. And we were done after another half an hour.
Saturday morning we went to service Canada and got our SIN numbers.

The whole process was very smooth and friendly.

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Re: LANDED

Thanks for sharing your lading experience. So we can give a non-Alberta address? This I wasn't sure about before.

SinghIsKing said:
Guys!
Just want to share our landing Experience last Friday March 25 2011.
We landed through Detroit Windsor Tunnel. The IO at window directed us to Customs and Immigration. We have to wait half an hour before we were called. I gave them all the papers and original goods to accompany & follow list (two copies). Then they asked for my address in Canada. I provided them with Ontario's address and mentioned that this will be our address for next 3 months till be move to Alberta. They were very nice , generous and happy people.
They welcomed me 4-5 times to Canada. And we were done after another half an hour.
Saturday morning we went to service Canada and got our SIN numbers.

The whole process was very smooth and friendly.

Stupid_Cupid

Jan 14, 2010
"ohhCanada", I totally agree with him. I have quite a few friends in Canada, most of them well qualified (Engineers) but everyone faced real tough time there before getting actual field job. There are some who stuck into that phase, and still doing odd jobs and now it's too late and with family you don't have choice so you end up doing what you get. And this I am talking about days when people don't have any idea what recession is, like good old days. Let me tell you getting immigration was easy part compared to what is going to come after landing, so be tough. I still believe here in US things are easier even with H1 restriction but job growth in Canada is slow man compared to immigration rate. And that "Canadian Experience" is real; I never heard this thing in US working for so many companies. I know everyone prefers their local folks but in Canada it's really common perhaps because of the same immigration thing.... Good luck everyone no discouragement but don't think that you land and companies are waiting for you

I would love if guys who already been there put some light on this but no hanky panky