11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
chigirl said:
desi refers to anybody who is from the Indian subcontinent.
ok...I will correct it. desi refers to Indians . (No intention of offending anybody)

ag_tou

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2009
Doc's Request.
20-02-2010 (AINP Doc Request)
Nomination.....
08-05-2010
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Never Transferred
Med's Request
9 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
Sometime in the last week of December
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
April 2011 - Last week
LANDED..........
6th May 2011
Try indeed.ca

You can also try http://alis.alberta.ca/worksearch/
http://www.workopolis.com

Another good tool is the job search at http://www.canadavisa.com/career_zone/canadian-immigration-job-search.htm

Hope this will help.

Jai Ho said:
Hai, my lawyer has send the documents to CIC. How is the SAP market in Canada........ Not many jobs on monster.ca..... any other site to find SAP job in Alberta.....

zorro1

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Hi albertatj

Did u get any response from CIC for PPR. We are in the same timeline who got stuck in buffalo

Thanks

FreshStart

Sep 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
Oct 20-1010
Med's Request
July 19-2010
Med's Done....
July 23-2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Jan 7-2011
Re: YAYYYYY... Got my PPR today...

Hi Guys,

Have a landing related question. My wife and I are planning to land in Alberta (Calgary) by the end of this month and we will probably provide a Toronto address since our only contacts in Canada are based there and we plan to come back to the US as we are still working. I understand that an Alberta address is ideal, but we dont know anyone there and I am not comfortable using any hotel/motel's address. My understanding is that at the time of landing, if the Immigration officer is not comfortable with the address given, we are given a form that we can mail in later with our updated address.

My questions are:

a) is there a timeline by which we need to fax the form with the updated address and I assume that the address has to be in Alberta? we may not plan to move to canada for a few months, so im worried about the time restraint.

b) I read somewhere that if the provided address at the POE is not accepted and if we have to fax in the address, then the timeline to get the PR card in longer. I read it takes 4 to 6 if the address is provided at POE, if the address is faxed or mailed, it can take over 8-10 weeks? any truth to this?

b) Can we use the toronto address for the SIN?

thanks for the information!

FreshStart said:
Hi Guys,

Finally my wife and I got the PPR by email today. Folks its been a long wait but I am glad 2011 looks promising. If anyone could, please advise me as to how and where to get the photograph taken. We are planning to fly down to LA to get the visa stamped and land in Calgery soon after.

Thank you everyone and I wish you all the best of luck!!

FreshStart

FreshStart

Sep 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
Oct 20-1010
Med's Request
July 19-2010
Med's Done....
July 23-2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Jan 7-2011

washington.state

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

FreshStart said:
Hi Guys,

Have a landing related question. My wife and I are planning to land in Alberta (Calgary) by the end of this month and we will probably provide a Toronto address since our only contacts in Canada are based there and we plan to come back to the US as we are still working. I understand that an Alberta address is ideal, but we dont know anyone there and I am not comfortable using any hotel/motel's address. My understanding is that at the time of landing, if the Immigration officer is not comfortable with the address given, we are given a form that we can mail in later with our updated address.

My questions are:

a) is there a timeline by which we need to fax the form with the updated address and I assume that the address has to be in Alberta? we may not plan to move to canada for a few months, so im worried about the time restraint.

No address doesn't have to be in Alberta, It needs to be anywhere in Canada.

b) I read somewhere that if the provided address at the POE is not accepted and if we have to fax in the address, then the timeline to get the PR card in longer. I read it takes 4 to 6 if the address is provided at POE, if the address is faxed or mailed, it can take over 8-10 weeks? any truth to this?

Time will affected only as much as you spend for address search. If it take 2 days to get right address than your PR Card will arrive 2 days later than what would have arrived if you would have given address right at the POE during landing process.

b) Can we use the Toronto address for the SIN?

As said any Canadian address will work.

thanks for the information!

albertatj

Star Member
Mar 22, 2009
hi
I have a question using AVR-
I may need to do landing next month and my H1B extension is pending with INS- can I visit outside US and come back using AVR? They say we should not visit outside USA if H1b renewal or application is pending is that true?

FreshStart

Sep 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
Oct 20-1010
Med's Request
July 19-2010
Med's Done....
July 23-2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Jan 7-2011

Thank you for answering the questions. I think I will plan on landing before the 21st of this month. Much appreciated Washington.State

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011

Feshstart,

first of all congratulations!

i just want to ask, in your COPR your wife is listed as accompanying dependent right? what is the name listed, is it her name when she was still single (maiden name)?

in my husband's COPR my maiden name is listed under accompanying dependent, should this be so? am a little concerned.

appreciate your reply :)

FreshStart said:
Thank you for answering the questions. I think I will plan on landing before the 21st of this month. Much appreciated Washington.State

rabzee

Star Member
Oct 21, 2008
Hello,
i have a question about good to follow.we are thinking to do our landing in March or April, but we will fly from CA to Edmonton or Calgary(still undecided).. We are thinking to complete the PR , and bank account etc and then return to US. So what to do for good to follow form????because we are thinking to move after sometime and at that time we want to move our stuff also.What should we do now ? should we go their and dont give them any Good to follow form ???

FreshStart

Sep 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
Oct 20-1010
Med's Request
July 19-2010
Med's Done....
July 23-2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Jan 7-2011

rubyalabar,

I am not sure of the answer since we have not yet received our COPR. It is only provided once you land. We have yet to get the visa stamped.

Also, my wife didn't change her surname hence we have never had to worry about it. I would think the name should be the one you currently have on your passport or your application.

rubyalabar said:
Feshstart,

first of all congratulations!

i just want to ask, in your COPR your wife is listed as accompanying dependent right? what is the name listed, is it her name when she was still single (maiden name)?

in my husband's COPR my maiden name is listed under accompanying dependent, should this be so? am a little concerned.

appreciate your reply :)

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010

Guys,

NO PPR Today??. Any one from July medical still no PPR and stuck in Buffalo?.

Thanks,

FreshStart said:
rubyalabar,

I am not sure of the answer since we have not yet received our COPR. It is only provided once you land. We have yet to get the visa stamped.

Also, my wife didn't change her surname hence we have never had to worry about it. I would think the name should be the one you currently have on your passport or your application.

superboy_ec

Mar 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Nov 19, 2009
AOR Received.
July 7, 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
not yet and I don't think it will
Med's Request
June 24, 2010 received July 7. 2010
Med's Done....
July 20, 2010 and cardio (sept/29)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-Feb-2011 sent 01-Mar-2011 arrived @ F.E. 03-Mar-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-Mar-2011
LANDED..........
02-Apr-2011
Meeeeee....I did my meds in July/20th, IA received Oct/29th and today they said this:

Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.
Due to high volumes, we cannot acknowledge receipt of email, fax, regular correspondence (applications, payments, documents or information) or medical exam results.

If you have recently submitted documents or information to this office, we will update your file accordingly, if needed.

If we require additional documents, we will contact you.

I am really desperate for my oldest son, 'cause he wants to work and I don't want to pay more money to request a work permit for him, I've already spent a lot of money and also his tuition fees are way high while being under Study permit...

zorro1

Star Member
Nov 27, 2009
Hi Albertatj

Did you already receive PPR from buffalo ?

albertatj said:
hi
I have a question using AVR-
I may need to do landing next month and my H1B extension is pending with INS- can I visit outside US and come back using AVR? They say we should not visit outside USA if H1b renewal or application is pending is that true?