N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
tonyind said:
they received the communication on Wednesday!!
Hi,

That was the day when we saw some more applicants getting the file transfer notice.

Thanks,
L.B

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
surenderJeet said:
Ell.Bee,

Did your case transferred from buffalo?.

Thanks,
Not yet....

McLuvin

Star Member
Mar 26, 2009
Hi Guys,

Hope Y'll are doing great....

I am here after a long time...

My CIC application process was put on hold probably as the doctor should have informed CIC about my wife being pregnant.

Now she has delivered the baby and yday we recieved a email from CIC Seatle that they are processing our application... please find the details below:

Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are pleased to inform you that we expect to finalize your application without an interview. Please note that we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary.

In order to continue processing your application, we need the following items:
Pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee to our office for self / spouse
Please have your spouse proceed with her medical examination when safe to do so. If your family composition is expected to change, please advise our office of such.

Fees: All requested fees must be submitted to the Seattle office in the form of a bank draft or money order. Cheques in US dollars should be payable to “Consulate General of Canada” and must be no more than six months old; cheques in Canadian dollars should be payable to “Receiver General for Canada” and must be no more than three months old. The Right of Permanent Residence fee is charged in addition to the initial processing fees and is necessary only for the principal applicant and their spouse or partner. This fee is $490 for each person. It should NOT be paid for any dependent children. Further information is available at www.seattle.gc.ca under “Applying in Seattle” > “Fees”

The above-noted evidence and documents should be submitted to this office within sixty (60) days. No further action can be taken on your case until this information is received.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada

Can you guys please let me know other than sending the money order what are the forms to be filled.

Gurus out here... new and old ones... your reply appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
McLuvin

tonyind

Star Member
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2009
Nomination.....
12/10/2009
AOR Received.
07/23/2010
File Transfer...
01/05/2011 (Detroit )
Med's Request
07/23/2010
Med's Done....
07/29/2010 reached 08/5/2010
Passport Req..
06/10/11
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/11
surenderJeet said:
Ell.Bee,

Did your case transferred from buffalo?.

Thanks,
my case got transfered from buffalo to Detroit ..after a waiting of 04 months!!! More waiting anticipated!!!!!

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
I agree on your reply we have to approach them in a sensible manner and firmly do believe it would not hurt our application process.

AlbertaGovernor said:
Following is the list of some direct contacts at CIC. Now folks we can discuss and come up with how to approach in a sensible manner and express your concern about this delay.

Staff Directory

Consulate General of Canada
3000 HSBC Center
Buffalo, New York 14203-2884

Tel.: 716-858-9500 • Fax: 716-852-4340 • Email: bfalo @ international.gc.ca

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marta Moszczenska, Consul General

Lisa Bolt, Assistant

Immigration Section
Tel: (716) 858-9501 • Fax: (716) 852-2477
Email: buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Burke Thornton, Immigration Program Manager

Kathy Benner, Program Assistant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Management Consular Section
Email:bfalo-ag @ international.gc.ca

Territories/Responsibilities (Administration): Upstate New York, Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia

Territories/Responsibilities (Consular Services): Upstate New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia

Susan Elliot, Management Consular Officer

Mignon Otis, Program Assistant

Maureen Schroeder, Senior Consular Officer
Email: bfalo-cs @ international.gc.ca

Stephanie Wilkinson, Human Resources and Benefits Advisor
Email: bfalopersonnel @ international.gc.ca

Political/Economic Relations and Public Affairs Section
Email: bfalopublicaffairs @ international.gc.ca

Territories/Responsibilities: Upstate New York, Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia

Kerry Mitchell
Program Manager (Environment, Culture, Media)
Email: kerry.mitchell @ international.gc.ca
Tel: 716-858-9581

Daniel Kolundzic
Political/Economic Relations Officer (Energy, Agriculture, Academic Relations)
Email: daniel.kolundzic @ international.gc.ca
Tel: 716-858-9605

Bryan Roth
Political Economic Relations Officer (Border, Transportation)
Email: bryan.roth @ international.gc.ca
Tel: 716-858-9880

Dayle Cotter
Public Affairs Assistant
Email: bfalopublicaffairs @ international.gc.ca
Tel: 716-858-9582

Trade and Investment Section
Email: bfalo-td @ international.gc.ca

Territories/Responsibilities: Upstate New York, Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia

Michael Flaherty
Consul & Senior Trade Commissioner
Economic and Trade Policy, Market Access

Margaret Lange
Consul and Trade Commissioner-Investment
Investment Promotion, Science and Technology

Mary St. Mary
Trade Commissioner
Building Products, Environmental Industries, Forest Industries, Information and Communications Technologies

Mary Mokka
Trade Commissioner
Agricultural Technology and Equipment, Agriculture, Food and Beverages, Bio-Industries, Fish and Seafood Products, Health Industries

Jay Mileham
Trade Commissioner
Advanced Materials, Oil and Gas Equipment and Services

Jonathan Jennings
Trade Commissioner Assistant
Advanced Materials, Investment Promotion, Oil and Gas Equipment and Services, Science and Technology

Hanine Hajnasr
Trade Commissioner Assistant
Agricultural Technology and Equipment, Agriculture, Food and Beverages, Bio-Industries, Building Products, Consumer Products, Education, Environmental Industries, Fish and Seafood Products, Forest Industries, Health Industries, Information and Communications Technologies

Email: Hanine.Hajnasr @ international.gc.ca

lettuce_tomatoes

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends,

When i sent this post over to the group, i had no intention to evoke a sharp motivation from the members of the group to fill the enquiry inboxes @ CIC. I only wished to convey how helpless one feel as a lot of our decisions small and big are on hold ever since 2 years. As Chigirl rightly said, our lives seem to be on hold because of their delay. Imagine the plight of folks who cant plan for a new family member, just for another example

in 2009, i used to tell my kids, well we will do this and buy that once we get to Canada. Well??? they dont even seem to be trusting me any more. Thanks CIC for all the image building help. My tomatoes are rotting and my lettuce have gone stale, CIC wake up, please.

I agree with AG that there exists a need to send a polite yet effective inquiry to the cic with one communication representing the waiting folks without exposing their names or details. Rajeshindy has a point too, guys remember the mass email enquiries folks made to AINP in the last part of 09/early 2010?? what happened? kneejerk reaction. They swiftly rejected each candidate who sent inquiries. While its ok to rant once in a while, but its not ok to risk the applications by going with the flow of emotions.

Its a tricky call. I am very disappointed with how the AINP and CIC have conducted themselves through out these 2 laps of processing. Specially when CIC has been strugling to meet its annual quota of granting PRs.

AG: Yes CIC is not a desi company, but they have not displayed any non-desi attitude/work culture either. Agreed, the are a govt. agency but they are not exempted from behaving professionally.

Best wishes to everyone.

Lettuce.

Lettuce.

lightsinthemist said:
Lettuce

I could not have put it in better words. What you said is absolutely true Bro...CIC is quick to take the money but is failing to deliver the mythical 1 yr fast track they had promised. Many of us had applied in end of 2008 and early 2009 and now it is 2011 and are still waiting for status and many like you will have additional challenges of moving with kids.

They should not have advertised the fairy tale if they could not deliver on it .

Anywaz cheer up Bro , what does not kill us only makes us stronger and when finally we get the PPR it will be a huge sigh of releif for years of living with an expiry stamp stuck on our collective foreheads.

I pray for all of us that the day comes soon.

Lightsinthemist

rajeshindy

Apr 16, 2009
Thats the reason i said i rest my case...people are people wheter it is desi or non-desi. I personally feel enquiries will not stop, even though we send email about my waiting emotions..as CIC deals with files case by case basis.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
lettuce_tomatoes said:
Hello Friends,

When i sent this post over to the group, i had no intention to evoke a sharp motivation from the members of the group to fill the enquiry inboxes @ CIC. I only wished to convey how helpless one feel as a lot of our decisions small and big are on hold ever since 2 years. As Chigirl rightly said, our lives seem to be on hold because of their delay. Imagine the plight of folks who cant plan for a new family member, just for another example

in 2009, i used to tell my kids, well we will do this and buy that once we get to Canada. Well??? they dont even seem to be trusting me any more. Thanks CIC for all the image building help. My tomatoes are rotting and my lettuce have gone stale, CIC wake up, please.

I agree with AG that there exists a need to send a polite yet effective inquiry to the cic with one communication representing the waiting folks without exposing their names or details. Rajeshindy has a point too, guys remember the mass email enquiries folks made to AINP in the last part of 09/early 2010?? what happened? kneejerk reaction. They swiftly rejected each candidate who sent inquiries. While its ok to rant once in a while, but its not ok to risk the applications by going with the flow of emotions.

Its a tricky call. I am very disappointed with how the AINP and CIC have conducted themselves through out these 2 laps of processing. Specially when CIC has been strugling to meet its annual quota of granting PRs.

AG: Yes CIC is not a desi company, but they have not displayed any non-desi attitude/work culture either. Agreed, the are a govt. agency but they are not exempted from behaving professionally.

Best wishes to everyone.

Lettuce.

Lettuce.
Agree. We do not want any unintended consequences.

pinoygirl

Sep 1, 2010
As per my experience, I never stopped inquiring about my application until I got my PPR recently. But my inquiries are just asking for an upadate on my case...." An update on my case will be greatly appreciated" is my inquiry almost every 2-3 weeks and they kept on answering standard replies but it did not have any effect on my case.

However, as to my opinion only, do not compare your cases to others though you have the same timeline as the CIC probably feels they are inefficient that is way they replied like that.

I got my PPR 10 months from my application to CIC....14 months from the time of application to AINP. I still believed that Canadian immigration is far better than immigration here in the US.

jxyj01

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
lettuce_tomatoes said:
Hello Friends,

When i sent this post over to the group, i had no intention to evoke a sharp motivation from the members of the group to fill the enquiry inboxes @ CIC. I only wished to convey how helpless one feel as a lot of our decisions small and big are on hold ever since 2 years. As Chigirl rightly said, our lives seem to be on hold because of their delay. Imagine the plight of folks who cant plan for a new member, just for another example

AG: Yes CIC is not a desi company, but they have not displayed any non-desi attitude either. Agreed, the are a govt. agency but they are not exempted from behaving professionally.

Best wishes to everyone.

Lettuce.

Lettuce.
Most of us have realized by now that CIC does not have a clear process. When AINP started this program, they held seminars in San Francisco inviting immigrants to Canada. I was in SF and I did receive an invitation to one of those seminars. I am sure most of you have received those invitations. AINP was advertised as a fast track process to PR in Canada. AINIP cited it s advantages over CIC programs. What turned out that AINP took 9-10 months to approve nominations. Then the hide and seek game started with CIC. Getting police clearances, waiting for AOR and the waiting for PPR and then waiting for VISA is a nightmare. Having received nominations puts us on a track to permanent residency. As per the CIC rules, the provincial nominees application should be processed as soon the application is complete. Provincial Nominees can only be found inadmissible on the ground of health issues or criminal background. CIC is obligated to provide reason in writing in case the application is not approved. In case the CIC is not working professionally, there is a watchdog agency in Canada, I guess under the ministry of Immigration, where the complaints against CIC can filed. On top of that CIC can be taken to court.
As Lettuce_tomatoes put it, I have been telling my family that it is going to take another few months to receive PR. The wait has become ridiculous long that it is not even worth stressing telling everyone how long it will take more to move to Canada. We are humans, we have feelings, aspirations, plans, and all that. And all of this is based on what we are going to do tomorrow. The endless wait puts us in situation where planning becomes a farce. Most of us want to move to Canada for a reason, for me it is stability. I am done with maintaining "status" is US for a decade. My GC was/is process, which would take another unknown time. I am done pleasing my employers and moving where ever the job take instead of being at a place where I really want to be and have some social life. Being on H1B is a constant pressure to keep the job and dance to the whims and fancies of managers and employers. This forum is a great support group and I am happy to be part of it.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
Hi,

If CIC has to reject an application, there has to be some reason for it and it needs to be communicated to the applicant. They sure cannot reject the application for having inquired about the status. I remember that AINP decission could not be appealed if rejected. In case of CIC you can appeal if rejected. If the applicant has all the required documents and clear medical and criminal background there should be nothing to worry about. I too am of the opinion that this needs to be got to the attention of some authority in some form.

Thanks,
L.B

US2IND2CAN

Nov 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-3-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
3-6-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
3-6-2010
Med's Done....
8-7-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3-6-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-2-2011
LANDED..........
22-4-2011
chigirl said:
Thankyou. I am currently in India. I have to look up the code, but I am into project management.
Hi Chigirl,

when did you move to India? after or before you applied to CIC? I was asked by Buffalo CIC to apply at CHC New Delhi since I had moved to India.

Regards

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
US2IND2CAN said:
Hi Chigirl,

when did you move to India? after or before you applied to CIC? I was asked by Buffalo CIC to apply at CHC New Delhi since I had moved to India.

Regards
Hello,

I moved to India after my application was sent to CIC. It's a good thing Buffalo asked you to send your application to Delhi. Trying to get my passport across to Buffalo is another headache, as I do not have any close friend or relatives who can travel back and forth.

-c

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
jxyj01 said:
Most of us have realized by now that CIC does not have a clear process. When AINP started this program, they held seminars in San Francisco inviting immigrants to Canada. I was in SF and I did receive an invitation to one of those seminars. I am sure most of you have received those invitations. AINP was advertised as a fast track process to PR in Canada. AINIP cited it s advantages over CIC programs. What turned out that AINP took 9-10 months to approve nominations. Then the hide and seek game started with CIC. Getting police clearances, waiting for AOR and the waiting for PPR and then waiting for VISA is a nightmare. Having received nominations puts us on a track to permanent residency. As per the CIC rules, the provincial nominees application should be processed as soon the application is complete. Provincial Nominees can only be found inadmissible on the ground of health issues or criminal background. CIC is obligated to provide reason in writing in case the application is not approved. In case the CIC is not working professionally, there is a watchdog agency in Canada, I guess under the ministry of Immigration, where the complaints against CIC can filed. On top of that CIC can be taken to court.
As Lettuce_tomatoes put it, I have been telling my family that it is going to take another few months to receive PR. The wait has become ridiculous long that it is not even worth stressing telling everyone how long it will take more to move to Canada. We are humans, we have feelings, aspirations, plans, and all that. And all of this is based on what we are going to do tomorrow. The endless wait puts us in situation where planning becomes a farce. Most of us want to move to Canada for a reason, for me it is stability. I am done with maintaining "status" is US for a decade. My GC was/is process, which would take another unknown time. I am done pleasing my employers and moving where ever the job take instead of being at a place where I really want to be and have some social life. Being on H1B is a constant pressure to keep the job and dance to the whims and fancies of managers and employers. This forum is a great support group and I am happy to be part of it.
Thanks jxyj01 for expressing aptly what all of us have gone through or going through. It's hard to explain this to friends or family, who do not quite understand.