AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
lightsinthemist said:
Lettuce

I could not have put it in better words. What you said is absolutely true Bro...CIC is quick to take the money but is failing to deliver the mythical 1 yr fast track they had promised. Many of us had applied in end of 2008 and early 2009 and now it is 2011 and are still waiting for status and many like you will have additional challenges of moving with kids.

They should not have advertised the fairy tale if they could not deliver on it .

Anywaz cheer up Bro , what does not kill us only makes us stronger and when finally we get the PPR it will be a huge sigh of releif for years of living with an expiry stamp stuck on our collective foreheads.

I pray for all of us that the day comes soon.

Lightsinthemist

If and when we get our pprs....

I've tried so hard to contain myself from ranting, but the situation seems so out of hand with the end nowhere in sight. Our lives are literally on hold, both personally and professionally. What was supposed to be a mere 8 months has turned out to be more than two years.

The least they can do is forecast or give us some indication as to when to expect what, so we can at least plan our lives. And, what good did those assessment letters do us anyways, except to give us false hope. I suppose they expect us to frame it and be content looking at it for the rest of our lives.

And why couldn't they have transferred our files? I see everybody else getting passport requests.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
josephdadreamer said:
Albertagovernor,

Do you have any ideal solution for us?
At this time I would say give them some time. We did see movements on Tuesday and we should continue to see them in the comming weeks. There might be some CIC staff who are returning from a vacation yet and possibly they are understaffed.

I will try to get a direct email id of someone at buffalo. Not the bull-crap @ buffalo that everyone has been using. The CIC staff attending to that email is giving generic responses.

On the other note, CIC has to give nomination prior to expiry or medical results and that is 1 year from date of medicals. The other question would be how much time will be left for the folks from PR Visa to Landing.

For those who are worried on the job security, things are getting better. Worst has gone and this year should be much better. Holding the current US position should be possible till the PPR is issued.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Following is the list of some direct contacts at CIC. Now folks we can discuss and come up with how to approach in a sensible manner and express your concern about this delay.

Staff Directory

Consulate General of Canada
3000 HSBC Center
Buffalo, New York 14203-2884

Tel.: 716-858-9500 • Fax: 716-852-4340 • Email: bfalo @ international.gc.ca

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marta Moszczenska, Consul General

Lisa Bolt, Assistant

Immigration Section
Tel: (716) 858-9501 • Fax: (716) 852-2477
Email: buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Burke Thornton, Immigration Program Manager

Kathy Benner, Program Assistant

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Management Consular Section
Email:bfalo-ag @ international.gc.ca

Territories/Responsibilities (Administration): Upstate New York, Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia

Territories/Responsibilities (Consular Services): Upstate New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia

Susan Elliot, Management Consular Officer

Mignon Otis, Program Assistant

Maureen Schroeder, Senior Consular Officer
Email: bfalo-cs @ international.gc.ca

Stephanie Wilkinson, Human Resources and Benefits Advisor
Email: bfalopersonnel @ international.gc.ca

Political/Economic Relations and Public Affairs Section
Email: bfalopublicaffairs @ international.gc.ca

Territories/Responsibilities: Upstate New York, Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia

Kerry Mitchell
Program Manager (Environment, Culture, Media)
Email: kerry.mitchell @ international.gc.ca
Tel: 716-858-9581

Daniel Kolundzic
Political/Economic Relations Officer (Energy, Agriculture, Academic Relations)
Email: daniel.kolundzic @ international.gc.ca
Tel: 716-858-9605

Bryan Roth
Political Economic Relations Officer (Border, Transportation)
Email: bryan.roth @ international.gc.ca
Tel: 716-858-9880

Dayle Cotter
Public Affairs Assistant
Email: bfalopublicaffairs @ international.gc.ca
Tel: 716-858-9582

Trade and Investment Section
Email: bfalo-td @ international.gc.ca

Territories/Responsibilities: Upstate New York, Western Pennsylvania, West Virginia

Michael Flaherty
Consul & Senior Trade Commissioner
Economic and Trade Policy, Market Access

Margaret Lange
Consul and Trade Commissioner-Investment
Investment Promotion, Science and Technology

Mary St. Mary
Trade Commissioner
Building Products, Environmental Industries, Forest Industries, Information and Communications Technologies

Mary Mokka
Trade Commissioner
Agricultural Technology and Equipment, Agriculture, Food and Beverages, Bio-Industries, Fish and Seafood Products, Health Industries

Jay Mileham
Trade Commissioner
Advanced Materials, Oil and Gas Equipment and Services

Jonathan Jennings
Trade Commissioner Assistant
Advanced Materials, Investment Promotion, Oil and Gas Equipment and Services, Science and Technology

Hanine Hajnasr
Trade Commissioner Assistant
Agricultural Technology and Equipment, Agriculture, Food and Beverages, Bio-Industries, Building Products, Consumer Products, Education, Environmental Industries, Fish and Seafood Products, Forest Industries, Health Industries, Information and Communications Technologies

Email: Hanine.Hajnasr @ international.gc.ca

rajeshindy

Apr 16, 2009
Hi Guys

A small piece of advice, as everybody has every right to send enquiries to the consulate. Keep in mind, volume of enquiries that would go in their inbox..which might affect your application or CIC might take some harsh decision in this regard. Sure, it is delaying our plans....but unfortunately, ball is in their court. just my thought.

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
hi lightinthemist
well said bro.." expiry stamp stuck on our collective foreheads" this is what frustrate me most...we can't easily change jobs in US..while visiting back home always have fear that are we going to get stoped at airport..and what not..
hope you all get this thing soon..
this forum has very good and helping people...behind this user ids ,
when we will make it there then we should meet at least once..

lightsinthemist said:
Lettuce

I could not have put it in better words. What you said is absolutely true Bro...CIC is quick to take the money but is failing to deliver the mythical 1 yr fast track they had promised. Many of us had applied in end of 2008 and early 2009 and now it is 2011 and are still waiting for status and many like you will have additional challenges of moving with kids.

They should not have advertised the fairy tale if they could not deliver on it .

Anywaz cheer up Bro , what does not kill us only makes us stronger and when finally we get the PPR it will be a huge sigh of releif for years of living with an expiry stamp stuck on our collective foreheads.

I pray for all of us that the day comes soon.

Lightsinthemist

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajeshindy said:
Hi Guys

A small piece of advice, as everybody has every right to send enquiries to the consulate. Keep in mind, volume of enquiries that would go in their inbox..which might affect your application or CIC might take some harsh decision in this regard. Sure, it is delaying our plans....but unfortunately, ball is in their court. just my thought.
That is why I said we need to come up with a idea to approach some person there collectively without revealing the identity of any applicant. We should approach them as a group and voice our concern not to the general email id. It should be raised to someone at a senior position.

CIC is not a desi govt organisation where they will impact the application negatively. If dealt in the right way it will yield some good results. How would CIC know the agony of the applicants until you tell them. If you need something ask for it. Voice your concern or it will never be heard.

I dont mean demand it, you can request it politely and collectively.

tonyind

Star Member
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2009
Nomination.....
12/10/2009
AOR Received.
07/23/2010
File Transfer...
01/05/2011 (Detroit )
Med's Request
07/23/2010
Med's Done....
07/29/2010 reached 08/5/2010
Passport Req..
06/10/11
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/11
I received an e-mail from my lawyer that my case is transfered to Detroit. Is anyone aware, how long Detroit Office takes, in processing???

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
Hi chigirl,

Hope you will get your PPR soon. By the way in which country you are in now..? and what is your NOC CODE.

Regards
Lee

chigirl said:
If and when we get our pprs....

I've tried so hard to contain myself from ranting, but the situation seems so out of hand with the end nowhere in sight. Our lives are literally on hold, both personally and professionally. What was supposed to be a mere 8 months has turned out to be more than two years.

The least they can do is forecast or give us some indication as to when to expect what, so we can at least plan our lives. And, what good did those assessment letters do us anyways, except to give us false hope. I suppose they expect us to frame it and be content looking at it for the rest of our lives.

And why couldn't they have transferred our files? I see everybody else getting passport requests.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
lee26 said:
Hi chigirl,

Hope you will get your PPR soon. By the way in which country you are in now..? and what is your NOC CODE.

Regards
Lee
Thankyou. I am currently in India. I have to look up the code, but I am into project management.

lee26

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
04-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
10-11-2010
Med's Done....
20-11-2010
Passport Req..
23-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2011
Thank you. Good Luck.

chigirl said:
Thankyou. I am currently in India. I have to look up the code, but I am into project management.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
tonyind said:
I received an e-mail from my lawyer that my case is transfered to Detroit. Is anyone aware, how long Detroit Office takes, in processing???
Hi,

Can you please confirm when your lawyer received the email? Was it on Tuesday?

Thanks,
L.B

tonyind

Star Member
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2009
Nomination.....
12/10/2009
AOR Received.
07/23/2010
File Transfer...
01/05/2011 (Detroit )
Med's Request
07/23/2010
Med's Done....
07/29/2010 reached 08/5/2010
Passport Req..
06/10/11
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/11
Ell.Bee said:
Hi,

Can you please confirm when your lawyer received the email? Was it on Tuesday?

Thanks,
L.B
they received the communication on Wednesday!!