+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

canadiens

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
monteiromarcosb said:
GirlOntario,

I don't understand your point at all (even if it's only a joke). Different from the slaves from Africa nobody is forcing you to go to Alberta, Toronto, New York, or wherever. We're not required to move to Alberta, but why some people are lying in their applications and signing a document certifing they want to move to a place where they don't really have any intentions of settling in the first place? If you don't have any intentions of living in Alberta then, please DO NOT WASTE OTHER PEOPLE'S TIME, RESOURCES AND REAL INTENTIONS! Let's be honest with others and with ourselves.
Completely agreed! If someone doesn't plan on living in Alberta, he/she shouldn't misuse AINP.

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GirlOntario,

I don't understand your point at all (even if it's only a joke). Different from the slaves from Africa nobody is forcing you to go to Alberta, Toronto, New York, or wherever. We're not required to move to Alberta, but why some people are lying in their applications and signing a document certifying they want to move to a place where they don't really have any intentions of settling in the first place? If you don't have any intentions of living in Alberta then, please DO NOT WASTE OTHER PEOPLE'S TIME, RESOURCES AND REAL INTENTIONS! Let's be honest with others and with ourselves.

monteiromarcosb:
Your First Sentence: "I don't understand your point at all"
If you didn't understand my post then why you made an effort to write over 100 words on something you didn't understand?

Your Second sentence: "nobody is forcing you to go to Alberta, Toronto, New York, or wherever"
Did I wrote about whether or not somebody is forcing to migrate in my post in the same context as in you reply?

You said in your post: "We're not required to move to Alberta"
There is a difference between “Moving somewhere ” and “Point of entry” If one is AINP beneficiary and he is willing to settle in Alberta BUT is moving to Alberta through Ontario or any other province that does not establish the assumption that he is NOT willing to settle in Alberta and doesn’t have true intentions. It may be just a matter of travel convenience.

Further you said: “DO NOT WASTE OTHER PEOPLE'S TIME, RESOURCES AND REAL INTENTIONS! Let's be honest with others and with ourselves”
Despite of not understanding the context, meaning of post Why did you assume that one does not have true intentions and wasting other’s time?

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cchabert said:
You're right we're PR of Canada, but also you need to remember that you'll get here by a province who create this H1B program and they have numbers to report and if they see all people land in Ontario and never an Alberta sure they change or simple cancel the program and thanks to those people who always want to play with the system.

This is from Alberta point of view, now from the government point of view when the time comes to apply for citizenship and they will see that you never land or try to live in Alberta, that you simple use the program to cross the border, they can easily give you a hard time.

So why not do what they said and be in peace?
Agreed but There should not be a confusion between "Land" and "settle." One may choose to land in Ontario because it is close to buffalo or indvidual happen to be in NY BUT that doesn't mean that he didn't follow the rule. He may choose to settle later in Alberta because it is convenient for him right now to land in Ontario, apply for SIN and PR card and eventually settle in Alberta.

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Is there a time limit that we have to settle in Alberta? I thought the only requirement was that we live in Canada for 2 out of 5 years after we complete the landing process.

canadiens

Star Member
Apr 18, 2009
venky321 said:
Is there a time limit that we have to settle in Alberta? I thought the only requirement was that we live in Canada for 2 out of 5 years after we complete the landing process.
I don't think there is a time limit, however it is expected that an AINP nominee would try to settle in Alberta.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
emceemouli said:
Congratulations Natraj,

one quick question.. I am planning to land only in september last week and my visa i hope would be until 24th of Nov when i did medicals.As per your conversation, one of the officers mentioned that he could not do landing as you had less than 2 months in your visa. Is that ok for me to go that late...I have no other option as i dont want to go outside of US until i finish my MBA in July :) and go to india in August for my US visa stamping....

Thanks,
Mouli
Mouli,

That should not be an issue. Just explain the IO if he/she asks. They will understand. However allow yourself at least 2 months before your visa expiry.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
GirlOntario said:
Thanks DNATRAJ. Thanks for detailed. Though everything looks fine in your experience but I don't know why it seems a bit bad when question like Alberta address etc were asked. You are an PR of Canada not a slave bought for a specific plantation in Virginia or South Carolina where the is supposed to live and work only in those Plantations for which his Master has bought him and brought from Angola, Chad and Liberia. If that slave is found in any other plantation then Master will punish him. Or perhaps I am living in 17th century colonial United states.:))
A lot of people landed in Ontario but recently nobody was asked this Alberta thing. isn't it?
GO,

I think the question about Alberta address is more due to IO's lack of knowledge. He had to consult his colleague for every doubt/question I raised. Also I feel not many people have passed through this Point of entry. I just did it as I could visit Kingston. Sometimes I refuse/ignore to read b/n lines even when it appears bold and emphasized.

I am not sure if I can translate into English, but believe in the Hindi/Urdu lyric "Woh afsana jise anjaam tak lana na ho mumkin.....use ek khoobsurat mod de kar chod na acchaa" and move on with a happy state of mind :). Some one can translate it into English I guess.

-DNA

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
DNA Congrats!

What I understood,Once after you land in Canada and finished formalities you will become PR of Canada.Looks like you returned on the same day?
You will apply your SIN...etc later ,If I am not wrong you are on US Business visa.

Virgo

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
virgo said:
DNA Congrats!

What I understood,Once after you land in Canada and finished formalities you will become PR of Canada.Looks like you returned on the same day?
You will apply your SIN...etc later ,If I am not wrong you are on US Business visa.

Virgo
True,
I returned on same day as I have to fly back to London. I faxed an Alberta address today to them and once I get my PR card, will visit Alberta (may be in 3 months) and apply for SIN & bank acc. Then I will look for jobs there and move eventually.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
dnataraj said:
True,
I returned on same day as I have to fly back to London. I faxed an Alberta address today to them and once I get my PR card, will visit Alberta (may be in 3 months) and apply for SIN & bank acc. Then I will look for jobs there and move eventually.
DNA,
Thanks for sharing your landing experience . Landing was soo smooth for you.Now you can call Alberta Canada home besides home country. The wait was long but paid off.Now you can sleep and really sleep LOL.....

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dnataraj said:
Mouli,

That should not be an issue. Just explain the IO if he/she asks. They will understand. However allow yourself at least 2 months before your visa expiry.
Thanks Much Nataraj, all the best for you..

Mouli

bb0310

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
ZAD said:
Thank you BB

May be thats why I was confused.

It means total fee will be $1050 = Myself ($455) + Wife ($455) + One child (140)
Dependant is not included, it only applies to Principal + Spouse: Total = $910 = Principal ($455) + Spouse ($455). This is for RPRF.

ichintu

Nov 20, 2009
Hey Guys my e-cas shows decision made :p. no update on ups tracking yet. :-[ hopefully if i get my pp back this week will do landing over the weekend. Anythoughts? word of advise..??

narsanna

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
Dispo,
I called to USPS to redelivery my package to NY consulate. But they told me that The receipent must call to schedule redelivery.
So, what can i do.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow..... while i was gone out for the weekend so many posts. I never seen this many posts during weekend ever. But really glade to see people sharing and helping each other. keep it up guys........

Congratulations Chintu, U should get your passports by thursday this week. your ups may get updated today after 7 pm EST.

Narsana, u should email NY Consulate..........about the situation i am sure they will do something for you. I found USPS reply about rescheduling delievery very strange...

Congrats DNA !!!!!!!!