+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

ichintu

Nov 20, 2009
:eek: Many thanks to Despo and other forum members, we finally got our passports back yesterday with the shiny immigrant visa along with COPR. I am going to do the landing process on Saturday. Thanks everyone once again for being supportive and listening when i was whining. I am so happy i can hear Nelly Furtado singing "I am like a bird... :p"

moiz4you

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
Hey Guys,

Got my passport request today in email from buffalo. FINALLY!
My time line
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/discuss/provincial-nominees/367

Planning to go personally for visa stamping

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Congrats chintu and moiz bhai !!! .. All the best !

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
ichintu said:
:eek: Many thanks to Despo and other forum members, we finally got our passports back yesterday with the shiny immigrant visa along with COPR. I am going to do the landing process on Saturday. Thanks everyone once again for being supportive and listening when i was whining. I am so happy i can hear Nelly Furtado singing "I am like a bird... :p"
Ichintu,

How long this whole process took once you sent them your application (The one with AINP nomination) to Buffalo Newyork?

Like for example

1) Time to get AOR?
2) Time to get Medical request?
3) Time to get passport request?

We all would be grateful if you let us know you time table. as it will help all new nominees to estimate required timing process.

Thanks

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
GirlOntario,

Why have you got so many -ve ratings ? ? ?

Many are not liking your posts ?

GirlOntario said:
H1B = Slave in USA

CCherbert:

Well Said! This Voyage contains IT Professionals. Watch and feel these testers, developers, Analysts, managers getting exploitted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOAXJsHuzz0&NR=1

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
YATM ! (You Are The Man) :)

cchabert said:
Last.- Since I put my feet in this land I'm not regret that decision at all, even now that I'm still looking for a job.

Peace!

desikiVAAT

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ichintu said:
congrats! i tried imagining myself in your current position - WOW!! what thrill & great happiness- even though that was for less than a second ;D Happy for you.... have a wonderful landing.

srini_72

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
File Transfer...
13-07-2010
Med's Done....
28-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2010 ( Decision Made on October 25)
Yesterday I went to scotia bank and opened a power chequing account. The reason why i opened an account with scotia is that they have a global ATM alliance with Bank of America and i have a bank of america account in U.S. The power chequing account is available to all new immigrants to alberta. For the first year scotia will not charge any fee for any number of transactions a month. Transactions can be any ATM withdrawal, Debit/Credit card transactions, Online bill payments etc. From second year onwards if you exceed more than 15 transactions they charge you $3.95, if you fail to maintain an average balance of $ 1500 every month. Since I am a provisional Nominee, the bank manager approved a credit card for $ 1000.

My next stop was at Registries plus Inc where i filled in paperwork for my Alberta Health Insurance and for Alberta Driver insurance. The lady at Registry told me that she will issue me a Class 5 GDL probationary driver licence only, since my driving record from florida is less 2 years. I told her that i am driving for the last 6 years ( in different U.S States) but she was adamant and asked me to bring a certified copy of my virginia driving record (which has 3 years record on it) and get a regular Class 5 driving licence. So folks, make sure you have more than 2 years driving record before you exchange U.S driver licence for Alberta driver licence.

srini

rezendgi

Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2008
Doc's Request.
24-11-2009
Nomination.....
09-12-2009
AOR Received.
06-07-2010
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
06-07-2010
Med's Done....
16-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
This is a very useful info, thanks a lot Srini !

srini_72 said:
Yesterday I went to scotia bank and opened a power chequing account. The reason why i opened an account with scotia is that they have a global ATM alliance with Bank of America and i have a bank of america account in U.S. The power chequing account is available to all new immigrants to alberta. For the first year scotia will not charge any fee for any number of transactions a month. Transactions can be any ATM withdrawal, Debit/Credit card transactions, Online bill payments etc. From second year onwards if you exceed more than 15 transactions they charge you $3.95, if you fail to maintain an average balance of $ 1500 every month. Since I am a provisional Nominee, the bank manager approved a credit card for $ 1000.

My next stop was at Registries plus Inc where i filled in paperwork for my Alberta Health Insurance and for Alberta Driver insurance. The lady at Registry told me that she will issue me a Class 5 GDL probationary driver licence only, since my driving record from florida is less 2 years. I told her that i am driving for the last 6 years ( in different U.S States) but she was adamant and asked me to bring a certified copy of my virginia driving record (which has 3 years record on it) and get a regular Class 5 driving licence. So folks, make sure you have more than 2 years driving record before you exchange U.S driver licence for Alberta driver licence.

srini

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jyde said:
@ GirlOntario
The reason for all this postings i Honestly don't understand?
But i will advise if you see yourself as a Slave in USA or
going to be a Slave in Canada. Pls go back to your country
of ORIGIN. NO one is forcing us to apply with our money, go thur
Medicals and Pray day and night to get our PPR, visa and land.
We all decided to come to the USA/ canada WILLINGLY or
we can go back to our country of origin where nothing works and
not get exploitted
The reason for this video is the truth! Instead of Voyage you may have a townhouse known as "Company's Guesthouse". Instead of Sailor you may have Account Manager, Mandala or Golapatti, instead of iron chains you may have "Immigration and Nationality Act"/ Instead of Annapolis, Maryland based slave auction place you may have dice with your leveraged resume for better bill rate.
You know it is easy to write that "Nobody came through any force" and you also know that saying "Pls go back" is easy but time is way more precious and people have invested years of hardwork so it is not an likely option.

jyde

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Virginia
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2008
Doc's Request.
09-09-2009
Nomination.....
17-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-05-2009
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
20-05-2009
Med's Request
11-05-2009
Med's Done....
14-05-2009
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
12-17-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-23-2009
@GirlOntario

When did you send your application to CIC,
I mean what stage are you now?

GirlOntario said:
The reason for this video is the truth! Instead of Voyage you may have a townhouse known as "Company's Guesthouse". Instead of Sailor you may have Account Manager, Mandala or Golapatti, instead of iron chains you may have "Immigration and Nationality Act"/ Instead of Annapolis, Maryland based slave auction place you may have dice with your leveraged resume for better bill rate.
You know it is easy to write that "Nobody came through any force" and you also know that saying "Pls go back" is easy but time is way more precious and people have invested years of hardwork so it is not an likely option.

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Hey everyone
I am pretty sure that if I browse through 200+ pages of this thread I’d find my answer somewhere but I’d appreciate it if anyone could answer my question just one more time.
Long story short, I was on H1-b ---- Applied for Alberta nomination ---- got approval with nomination certificate ---- sent that certificate and immigration application to CIC on 22 Oct 2009, selecting Buffalo as my interview location--- got laid off---- informed CIC ---- came back to my home country ---kept trying to go back to the US --- 2 days ago got my file number with Medical request forms at my US address as informed by my relatives in the US (US address on my application) got scanned copies and will get that package by tomorrow ---- can get those medicals done here as well---- Now the questions

• Medical forms show my previous US address, Will I need new medical forms in-order to get medicals done from my home country instead of the US?
• I have seen the change in address form in the package, so if I send that form to CIC can I get my Medicals done here using the same form or should I request to move my application process to my home country and then wait for new medical forms and then get ‘em done?
Will that change of address suffice the need to change the interview location?
I'd really appreciate your response or even a link to the response where someone else might have tried to explain this before
Thanks
sirsmak