+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey mouli, your status will change once they stamp the visa in passports and issue CPR.

congratulations DNA. looking forward to see your experience.......

good luck buddy.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
despoimmigrant said:
Hey mouli, your status will change once they stamp the visa in passports and issue CPR.

congratulations DNA. looking forward to see your experience.......

good luck buddy.
Thanks Despo...

Once i get my visa, i plan to land only in october after my h1b visa stamping in india in september...

and the wait for landing begins ...

mouli

narsanna

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
despoimmigrant said:
Narsanaaa, i am confused here. Is this the tracking number which you sent passports to NY or This is return envelop for NY to send passports back to you.

Lets say this is the package you sent to NY than on monday USPS will deliver it again. So u are good there

lets say this is the package NY sent to you than you contact local USPS post office and pick it up from them.

good luck buddy
Dispo,

This is my tracking number which i send passports to NY.

srini_72

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
File Transfer...
13-07-2010
Med's Done....
28-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2010 ( Decision Made on October 25)
Here is my Landing Experience:

I boarded Northwest flight from Louisville, KY to Calgary via Minneapolis on Jan 28, 2010. The airline staff at Minneapolis asked me whether I would return back to U.S.A and I said "No" and after that they took my I 94 from my Passport, which by the way is already expired. I filled E311 Customs Declaration card ( http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/e311/e311-eng08-04.pdf), which was given to me by airhostess. Once i got down at the calgary international airport, I told the lady at the POE that i am landing as an Immigrant. she stamped on E311 form and asked me whether i was bringing more than $10,000 canadian dollars with me and i said "Yes". she then directed to go to immigration counter and to my surprise, just one guy was in the line before me. The Lady at the Immigration Counter asked me for passport and CPR (Certificate of Permanent Residence) document and wanted to know whether all information on CPR is correct. Then she also asked me to provide an address and to sign as well as to put Initials on CPR. she then stamped on my passport, stapled a copy of CPR on the same stamped page and told me that i will receive my PR card by mail in 6 to 8 weeks. When i told her that i was bringing a cashier's cheque for $23,000, she asked me to check with customs. The officer at the customs asked me whether i received all my baggage and directed me to secondary inspection where an officer filled E677 form (Cross-Border Currency or Money Instruments Report - Individual) after checking my Cashier cheque and then gave me a copy of E677 specifying that I may need to show it to bank manager while opening an account in calgary. Thats it, i was out of airport in 20 minutes. I will be going to service canada center for my SIN on monday Feb 1, 2010. Today, I took an appointment with scotia bank manager on tuesday Feb 2, 2010. After getting my bank statement, I will apply for alberta health insurance.

Srini

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Srini! Thanks for briefings. So you have no intention to come back in United states right?

C

cchabert

srini_72 said:
Here is my Landing Experience:

I boarded Northwest flight from Louisville, KY to Calgary via Minneapolis on Jan 28, 2010. The flight staff at Minneapolis asked me whether I would return back to U.S.A and I said "No" and after that they took my I 94 from my Passport, which by the way is already expired. I filled E311 Customs Declaration card ( http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/e311/e311-eng08-04.pdf), which was given to me by airhostess. Once i got down at the calgary international airport, I told the lady at the POE that i am landing as an Immigrant. she stamped on E311 form and asked me whether i was bringing more than $10,000 canadian dollars with me and i said "Yes". she then directed to go to immigration counter and to my surprise, just one guy was in the line before me. The Lady at the Immigration Counter asked me for passport and CPR (Certificate of Permanent Residence) document and wanted to know whether all information on CPR is correct. Then she also asked me to provide an address and to sign as well as to put Initials on CPR. she then stamped on my passport and also stapled a copy of CPR on the same samped page. When i told her that i was bringing a cashier's cheque for $23,000, she asked me to check with customs. The officer at the customs asked me whether i received all my baggage and directed me to secondary inspection where an officer filled E677 form (Cross-Border Currency or Money Instruments Report - Individual) after checking my Cashier cheque and then gave me a copy of E677 specifying that I may need to show it to bank manager while opening an account in calgary. Thats it, i was out of airport in 20 minutes. I will be going to service canada center for my SIN on monday Feb 1, 2010. Today, I took an appointment with scotia bank manager on tuesday Feb 2, 2010. After getting my bank statement, I will apply for alberta health insurance.

Srini

Congrats Srini, welcome to Calgary! if you have time this weekend go to Canada Tire store and get your winter clothes on discount, pretty much everything is on discount now every where.

srini_72

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
File Transfer...
13-07-2010
Med's Done....
28-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2010 ( Decision Made on October 25)
CChabert,

Sure, i will visit Canada Tire store. How is your job search going on? Did you rent an apartment in calgary NW? As of now i am staying in Calgary NE.

srini

C

cchabert

srini_72 said:
CChabert,

Sure, i will visit Canada Tire store. How is your job search going on? Did you rent an apartment in calgary NW? As of now i am staying in Calgary NE.

srini
Yes I'm in the northwest in Edgemont, also on Monday go yo the newcomers center

http://www.centrefornewcomers.ca/index.shtml

They have a lot and a lot of info and programs for new comers you won;t regret the visit.

About jobs: I create account on Workopolis, Eluta and Service Canada, this take time to create the accounts, also I keep sending resumes on Craig list and Kijiji, next week I'll start calling for follow up, but according with the friends that I make here 90% of the people star working in things different that their area and in the mean time they keep looking for a better job and when they found it because you do a great job that recommendation is highly appreciate. So for short, Do your best in any job you do, things here are not as fast as we sometimes want so take your time eventually you'll be successful.

So enjoy the mountains and learn to play hockey because this is a big thing here.

Cheers!

virgo

Star Member
Dec 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
19-07-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-12-2010-- NY
Med's Request
19-07-2010
Med's Done....
05-08-2010
Passport Req..
04/04/2011
Congrats Srini_72!

Nice post about your landing experience.Good LUCK

Thanks
Virgo

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
DNA:

Thanks for the quick reply. From now on, I won't bother checking my ECAS every week. I just hope that sooner or later, I will also receive the PPR from Buffalo in my inbox.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
My Landing Experience:

I took a rental car at NY city and headed on I-81N to Canadian Boarder Lansdowne (en-route to Kingston/Toronto). I reached there at 11:30 am (Saturday)

At the booth the immigration officer took my passport and I told her that I have come for landing. She asked me do I have more than 10k, what goods I have and gave an yellow slip and asked to go inside the Immigration Office.

At the office as I entered a lady asked me do I need any help and I said I have come for landing. She showed a booth and asked me to wait. A pleasant looking jovial officer turned up in 2 minutes and he said he is sorry for keeping me waiting (I was surprised, sorry for 2 minutes!! whereas I waited 13.5 months for this moment, anyway he was nice).

Initially he was not sure if I can do landing as I have less than two months for single entry visa expiry. He said he will not do landing and he will keep my visa valid. I too was confused about what he was saying. I explained him that I stay in London, my wife is in India and I have to do it today. He was very patient all the time. Then he went inside discussed with his colleague and came back and said he will do the landing.

Then our conversation:

He: let me make sure all that is in CPR is correct. Did you check?
Me: Yes I did, everything is correct. But you check once to make sure.
He: .. .. yes everything looks fine. Give me few minutes, I will run it through our computer. You relax till then.
Me: Sure

He came back in five minutes.

He: So, I have some work for you sir!
Me: Tell me.
He: I need some signatures from you (showed 3 places)

I signed.

He: Address to send PR card.
Me: I gave him an address in Ontario and said its my friends.
He: No we cannot send PR unless you have your own house in Canada.
Me: Unless I land how can have a house or I find a house?
He: Oh ya, but then you have six months time to provide an address in Alberta (as AB nominated you) and gave a form.
Me: Sure I will send an address to this (a fax number) soon.
He: You can do online or by telephone also.

He stapled a PR landing record on my passport.

Then he said "Congratulations" you are a PR and we shook hands. Then he asked what my plans for the day. I said I will visit Kingston, meet my classmates at Queen's (I know it was a Saturday), then have Champagne. He wished me good luck and asked me to meet customs officer.

The customs officer asked me what I am bringing. I said nothing now but later, computers, books, clothes and no furniture. He asked why no furniture. I said I cannot ship them from London/India. Then he said "yes its a better idea to buy new at Calgary". Then he said for books I can declare garage sale value and for two laptops may be couple of 1000$'s. Then he said just do not declare anything and when you bring things later just declare at Calgary. I said "I am fine".

Then I went to Kingston, had a good lunch (couple of beers) and then realized that at immigration they did not take my photographs(I had read in this forum, someone saying they take photographs). Then started back and went to Canadian immigration office again. I met another officer (he was looking exactly like Tom Cruise) and told him about my not being photographed. He smiled and brought the officer who had done my landing.

The IO asked me who told me that I need to be photographed. I said I read on a forum. Then he asked me to wait for minute and double checked with his colleague and said my photo on CPR is good enough unless I don't like it. I said I happy with that and also 3 months younger in that.

We all laughed and they wished me good Luck.

Drove to US customs booth and gave my passport to the officer. He said where I live, where I went etc. Then gave back the passport. I asked him do I need to get out of car and goto immigration counter (last year I had done that). He said "why do you want to go? just goto NY". I said fine and moved on.

Only thing is my wife could not land and I don't think she can do it before 25th March. I will worry about it when I start living in AB. Now I need to find an address in AB and fax it and also fax my landed status to Alberta PN office. And on 3rd Back to London

BTW my ECAS updated now (not even on Monday, but the moment I landed I guess). All these days when I was eagerly looking at it did not. Now all the 4 lines appear. 1. started processing.. 2. Decision made .... 3. Med received and 4. You landed and became PR

Good luck to you all guys.
DNA

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks DNATRAJ. Thanks for detailed. Though everything looks fine in your experience but I don't know why it seems a bit bad when question like Alberta address etc were asked. You are an PR of Canada not a slave bought for a specific plantation in Virginia or South Carolina where the is supposed to live and work only in those Plantations for which his Master has bought him and brought from Angola, Chad and Liberia. If that slave is found in any other plantation then Master will punish him. Or perhaps I am living in 17th century colonial United states.:))
A lot of people landed in Ontario but recently nobody was asked this Alberta thing. isn't it?

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dnataraj said:
My Landing Experience:

I took a rental car at NY city and headed on I-81N to Canadian Boarder Lansdowne (en-route to Kingston/Toronto). I reached there at 11:30 am (Saturday)

At the booth the immigration officer took my passport and I told her that I have come for landing. She asked me do I have more than 10k, what goods I have and gave an yellow slip and asked to go inside the Immigration Office.

At the office as I entered a lady asked me do I need any help and I said I have come for landing. She showed a booth and asked me to wait. A pleasant looking jovial officer turned up in 2 minutes and he said he is sorry for keeping me waiting (I was surprised, sorry for 2 minutes!! whereas I waited 13.5 months for this moment, anyway he was nice).

Initially he was not sure if I can do landing as I have less than two months for single entry visa expiry. He said he will not do landing and he will keep my visa valid. I too was confused about what he was saying. I explained him that I stay in London, my wife is in India and I have to do it today. He was very patient all the time. Then he went inside discussed with his colleague and came back and said he will do the landing.

Then our conversation:

He: let me make sure all that is in CPR is correct. Did you check?
Me: Yes I did, everything is correct. But you check once to make sure.
He: .. .. yes everything looks fine. Give me few minutes, I will run it through our computer. You relax till then.
Me: Sure

He came back in five minutes.

He: So, I have some work for you sir!
Me: Tell me.
He: I need some signatures from you (showed 3 places)

I signed.

He: Address to send PR card.
Me: I gave him an address in Ontario and said its my friends.
He: No we cannot send PR unless you have your own house in Canada.
Me: Unless I land how can have a house or I find a house?
He: Oh ya, but then you have six months time to provide an address in Alberta (as AB nominated you) and gave a form.
Me: Sure I will send an address to this (a fax number) soon.
He: You can do online or by telephone also.

He stapled a PR landing record on my passport.

Then he said "Congratulations" you are a PR and we shook hands. Then he asked what my plans for the day. I said I will visit Kingston, meet my classmates at Queen's (I know it was a Saturday), then have Champagne. He wished me good luck and asked me to meet customs officer.

The customs officer asked me what I am bringing. I said nothing now but later, computers, books, clothes and no furniture. He asked why no furniture. I said I cannot ship them from London/India. Then he said "yes its a better idea to buy new at Calgary". Then he said for books I can declare garage sale value and for two laptops may be couple of 1000$'s. Then he said just do not declare anything and when you bring things later just declare at Calgary. I said "I am fine".

Then I went to Kingston, had a good lunch (couple of beers) and then realized that at immigration they did not take my photographs(I had read in this forum, someone saying they take photographs). Then started back and went Canadian immigration office again. I met another officer (he was looking exactly like Tom Cruise) and told him about my not being photographed. He smiled and brought the officer who had done my landing.

The IO asked me who told me that I need to be photographed. I said I read on a forum. Then he asked me to wait for minute and double checked with his colleague and said my photo on CPR is good enough unless I don't like it. I said I happy with that and also 3 months younger in that.

We all laughed and they wished me good Luck.

Drove to US customs booth and gave my passport to the officer. He said where I live, where I went etc. Then gave back the passport. I asked him do I need to get out of car and goto immigration counter (last year I had done that). He said "why do you want to go? just goto NY". I said fine and moved on.

Only thing is my wife could not land and I don't think she can do it before 25th March. I will worry about it when I start living in AB. Now I need to find an address in AB and fax it and also my fax my landed status to Alberta PN office. And on 3rd Back to London

BTW my ECAS updated now (not even on Monday, but the moment I landed I guess). All these days when I was eagerly looking at it did not. Now all the 4 lines appear. 1. started processing.. 2. Decision made .... 3. Med received and 4. You landed and became PR

Good luck to you all guys.
DNA
Congratulations Natraj,

one quick question.. I am planning to land only in september last week and my visa i hope would be until 24th of Nov when i did medicals.As per your conversation, one of the officers mentioned that he could not do landing as you had less than 2 months in your visa. Is that ok for me to go that late...I have no other option as i dont want to go outside of US until i finish my MBA in July :) and go to india in August for my US visa stamping....

Thanks,
Mouli

C

cchabert

GirlOntario said:
Thanks DNATRAJ. Thanks for detailed. Though everything looks fine in your experience but I don't know why it seems a bit bad when question like Alberta address etc were asked. You are an PR of Canada not a slave bought for a specific plantation in Virginia or South Carolina where the is supposed to live and work only in those Plantations for which his Master has bought him and brought from Angola, Chad and Liberia. If that slave is found in any other plantation then Master will punish him. Or perhaps I am living in 17th century colonial United states.:))
A lot of people landed in Ontario but recently nobody was asked this Alberta thing. isn't it?
You're right we're PR of Canada, but also you need to remember that you'll get here by a province who create this H1B program and they have numbers to report and if they see all people land in Ontario and never an Alberta sure they change or simple cancel the program and thanks to those people who always want to play with the system.

This is from Alberta point of view, now from the government point of view when the time comes to apply for citizenship and they will see that you never land or try to live in Alberta, that you simple use the program to cross the border, they can easily give you a hard time.

So why not do what they said and be in peace?

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
GirlOntario said:
GirlOntario,

I don't understand your point at all (even if it's only a joke). Different from the slaves from Africa nobody is forcing you to go to Alberta, Toronto, New York, or wherever. We're not required to move to Alberta, but why some people are lying in their applications and signing a document certifing they want to move to a place where they don't really have any intentions of settling in the first place? If you don't have any intentions of living in Alberta then, please DO NOT WASTE OTHER PEOPLE'S TIME, RESOURCES AND REAL INTENTIONS! Let's be honest with others and with ourselves.