13-07-2010
Med's Done....
28-05-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2010 ( Decision Made on October 25)
Today my Ecas shows the following

We started processing your application on June 8, 2009.

We transferred your application to the New York office on June 23, 2009. The New York office may contact you.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the Calgary International Airport office on January 28, 2010 and became a Permanent Resident.

srini

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ZAD said:
HELLO GUYS

FINALLY A GOOD NEWS FOR ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST GOT PR EMAIL FROM BUFFALO

AFTER A LONG WAIT OF ALMOST 13 MONTHS ( EVEN THOUGH I WAS NEVER STUCK IN BACKGROUND CHECK )

ALMOST 10 MONTHS AFTER MY MEDICALS WERE DONE.

NOW THEY WANT MY PASSPORT BEFORE FEB 15, 2010.

THANKS GOD
Why the hell they took 10 month even you never stuck in background check? Are you from a muslim redneck country?

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srini_72 said:
Today my Ecas shows the following

We started processing your application on June 8, 2009.

We transferred your application to the New York office on June 23, 2009. The New York office may contact you.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the Calgary International Airport office on January 28, 2010 and became a Permanent Resident.

srini
How come your file was transfered so quickly to NYC consulate within 15-16 days?

arajesh5

Star Member
Aug 31, 2008
Guys,

I have a question. With both me and my wife working on H1B, we seem to be confused about how we would just leave our jobs awy and land in Canada ? How does this work ? Can we look for jobs from here - and then land the day we have to join work ? I mean - is that what people here do ? Do people here just land in Canada temporarily ? do people land and get moved there permanently ?

By the way, I am still waiting for my kid's medicals to be evaluated. I have already paid the RPRF etc. Thats the update from my side.

Thks,

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
Jacaranda said:
Hi DNA, firstly congrats! i have some queryies so asking you...

- Why did you travel all the way to Buffalo from London?
- Why didnt you just post yours and your wife's passport to Buffalo? IS there a problem in doing that?
- Or you could have got the PR stamped in London?

- Also, since you are the principal applicant, you took your wife's (dependant's) passport and they stamped the PR? so your dependants dont have to be with you if you go for in person stamping?

thanks
Resco, Tapak, Jacaranda, Girl-ON, Despo and all Thanx guys.

Why did I travel from London to Buffalo:
From London (and also from India) courier companies do not ship passports. Also when I am in London I did not feel safe to send my passport on FedEx/UPS. Also CIC Buffalo does not send back passport to any address outside US/Canada. They will send it to US address on their file.

PR in London:
At this stage I could not have changed my address to London as I just moved there. Also if I ask them to change my address it will be messing up everything. Of course I had lost hopes and given it up.

Now I am in Syracuse. Tomorrow I will cross boarder. I will post my exp

Thanks and good luck guys.
-DNA

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
And when it comes to Buffalo do not expect to see changes on ecase. Best option will be CAIPS notes(with a fee though). My ecase is still showing "in process" :(

jpadz

Star Member
Oct 19, 2008
To DNA: But when you click the phrase IN PROCESS, does it only show " WE STARTED PROCESSING YOUR APPLICATION ON_____" ?, or does it have the phrase, "MEDICALS RECEIVED" on it too?

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
jpadz said:
To DNA: But when you click the phrase IN PROCESS, does it only show " WE STARTED PROCESSING YOUR APPLICATION ON_____" ?, or does it have the phrase, "MEDICALS RECEIVED" on it too?
Still, "WE STARTED PROCESSING YOUR ...." line

narsanna

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
Dispo and Nix,

I posted my passports and fees and every thing with priority mail. I took a tracking number for this mail. the message showing like this:

We attempted to deliver your item at 10:10 AM on January 30, 2010 in NEW YORK, NY 10020 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

So, what can i do.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Narsanaaa, i am confused here. Is this the tracking number which you sent passports to NY or This is return envelop for NY to send passports back to you.

Lets say this is the package you sent to NY than on monday USPS will deliver it again. So u are good there

lets say this is the package NY sent to you than you contact local USPS post office and pick it up from them.

good luck buddy

narsanna said:
Dispo and Nix,

I posted my passports and fees and every thing with priority mail. I took a tracking number for this mail. the message showing like this:

We attempted to deliver your item at 10:10 AM on January 30, 2010 in NEW YORK, NY 10020 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

So, what can i do.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey rajesh, how are u doing buddy?
It is tootally personal choice what you want to do once you get your PR visa. Some peoplemcho0se to go and do just landing formalities by going to canada and come back to us after that short trip and resume their work on h1b visa in US. some people choose to leave current Job in US and than go and try to look for Job in Alberta. Only CCH did this so far and its nice of him that he is giving us regular updates on the current job market in alberta and sharing his experience with us. Well finding job in alberta from US is difficult. I heard from most of the people that if you live in US chances are less that you will be even called for an interview. I have started applying Jobs in Alberta......if any good news regarding that you guys know that i will be posting my experiece right here.......

I am planing to do go temporary for landing formalities and resume my work on h1b after that short vacation to canada.

hope this helps
good luck buddy
arajesh5 said:
Guys,

I have a question. With both me and my wife working on H1B, we seem to be confused about how we would just leave our jobs awy and land in Canada ? How does this work ? Can we look for jobs from here - and then land the day we have to join work ? I mean - is that what people here do ? Do people here just land in Canada temporarily ? do people land and get moved there permanently ?

By the way, I am still waiting for my kid's medicals to be evaluated. I have already paid the RPRF etc. Thats the update from my side.

Thks,