+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Question on Travel Document

Hi Friends,
This is for those who plans to land and again come back to canada and apply for Travel Document
My question is : While applying for travel document will the consulate will check if we meet residancy requirement? As we will not be meeting 730 days requirement in last 5 years ? so can he/she deny Travel document
I know its silly question, because still we have not completed 5 years as resident. but i am very cautious, after so much work we got this PR.
If anyone or senior members have insight then pls share.

Thanks

cooldeepforyou

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
Hi Friends,
I got answer to this question, and it was not silly question 8)
see page 15.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/op/op10-eng.pdf

A28(2)(b)(i): If a permanent
resident for less than five years,
must demonstrate that they will
be able to meet the residency
obligation during the five-year
period immediately following
their becoming a permanent
resident.
A permanent resident who has
had the status less than five
years qualifies under the
residency obligation, even if
away from Canada for up to
three years following the date of
arrival in Canada, provided they
can potentially meet the 730-
day criteria during the five-year
period immediately after arrival
in Canada.
Supporting documentary
evidence, as applicable, may
include: proof of employment,
attendance at school, banking
activity, financial records and
statements, receipt of
government benefits, records of
personal services, community
involvement, memberships, etc.
Also to be considered are RRPs
issued to the applicant under
previous legislation that pertain
to the five-year period under

Ambitious07

Star Member
Mar 6, 2009
Hi folks,

I am sorry this is not the right place to talk about work. But I just found a cansulting position and First task is to develop a Recuriting tool and they didn't provide me sufficient details and I am spending time on research online, but not getting proper details. Please anybody have developed recuriting tool or have specification please provide me. I will be very thankful to you.

Thanks for help.

tonyind

Star Member
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2009
Nomination.....
12/10/2009
AOR Received.
07/23/2010
File Transfer...
01/05/2011 (Detroit )
Med's Request
07/23/2010
Med's Done....
07/29/2010 reached 08/5/2010
Passport Req..
06/10/11
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/11

tonyind

Star Member
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2009
Nomination.....
12/10/2009
AOR Received.
07/23/2010
File Transfer...
01/05/2011 (Detroit )
Med's Request
07/23/2010
Med's Done....
07/29/2010 reached 08/5/2010
Passport Req..
06/10/11
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/11
naxas said:
to tonyind,
nope !!!
where is your file???? when did u had ur medicals??

kapilkumar

Jul 14, 2009
United States of America
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-03-2009
Doc's Request.
27-11-2009
Nomination.....
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
22-07-2010
File Transfer...
14-12-2010
Med's Request
22-07-2010
Med's Done....
18-09-2010
Passport Req..
04-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2012
Hello!

I see that there are several people waiting for their PPR. I am in the same boat too. My file was transfered to NY visa office on Dec 14, 2010 and there is no PPR request as of today.

I mailed NY visa office several time but they are very slow in reply. They replied with the standard answer "Your file is currently in queue for selection decision by an officer. You will be notified of any pending documents and / or requirements once the selection is complete." after 13 days. I sent another email on 05/18/2011 but no reply right now.

I don't know what's wrong with NY visa office why they are taking so much time. Looks like they are reading 1 page every week. :mad:

Let me know if anyone of you need more info on my application details.

KKumar

Jul 1, 2010
I have been on this forum for quite a while altough i ma not very active in posting but i read post here on regular basis. Nice people with lot of good and usefuld information. I got my PPR on may 2nd and i got my visa stamped few days back. I have few question as i am planning to Land. Would appericiate if some one can answer these:

1. can we use UPS mailbox address (they give you street address not PO box) for all of our mailing stuff like PR SIN card etc.

2. I have read about Goods to folllow list. can some one throw some more light as how to prepare this such as wht items to include how to valuve them because they will be used and how to make the list like for example if i have 100 book should i write 100 books or like number of boxes of books somehting like that.

3. I am planning to land in Calagary and will be there for about a week, do we have to apply for health card sin card and bank accounts etc in our first visit itself.?? because i will be back in USA and then will move to Calagary in few months for good.

4. I am a single guy but i got some jewelery as family inheritance after my Mom passed away. If i decide to take that with me to canada will that be an issue,,?

5.People who have landed in calagary if they can gives us some feed back about landing and city will be helpful.

Any info will be highly appericiated...thanks.

CChabert: I see that you have been in Calgary for sometime. is there is a way I can talk to you. Please let me know. thanks

venks80

Star Member
Mar 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
12/11/2009
Nomination.....
01/10/2010
hi kumar i sent a personal message to you , can you reply back.

KKumar said:
I have been on this forum for quite a while altough i ma not very active in posting but i read post here on regular basis. Nice people with lot of good and usefuld information. I got my PPR on may 2nd and i got my visa stamped few days back. I have few question as i am planning to Land. Would appericiate if some one can answer these:

1. can we use UPS mailbox address (they give you street address not PO box) for all of our mailing stuff like PR SIN card etc.

2. I have read about Goods to folllow list. can some one throw some more light as how to prepare this such as wht items to include how to valuve them because they will be used and how to make the list like for example if i have 100 book should i write 100 books or like number of boxes of books somehting like that.

3. I am planning to land in Calagary and will be there for about a week, do we have to apply for health card sin card and bank accounts etc in our first visit itself.?? because i will be back in USA and then will move to Calagary in few months for good.

4. I am a single guy but i got some jewelery as family inheritance after my Mom passed away. If i decide to take that with me to canada will that be an issue,,?

5.People who have landed in calagary if they can gives us some feed back about landing and city will be helpful.

Any info will be highly appericiated...thanks.

CChabert: I see that you have been in Calgary for sometime. is there is a way I can talk to you. Please let me know. thanks

tsrikanth

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-2010
Nomination.....
April-2010
AOR Received.
07-06-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Yes - Detroit
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
Hi Friends,

I have a question. I was mentioned 'Edmonton' city when I fill CIC application(AINP). Now am planning to land and complete landing formalities in Calgary. Is it OK or any problem ?

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
Guys

Does anyone have recent experience with getting visitor visa? When I looked online for information about this, it is very confusing. On New York Consulate website, it says that we can submit application in person and collect passport next day with visitor visa. However, further down on the same page, under processing times section, it says minimum 30 days even for in person application.

Here is the link of what I am reading.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/general_info-rens_generaux.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=206#Processingtime

I have also noticed that several people have their passport stuck in various US offices when they applied for visitor visa and people are simply not getting any response from them even after 40 to 50 days!!! so unprofessional!!! This even makes indian embassy in DC looks better.