Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
How long does it take CIC to cash out the bank draft? I mailed out my AINP application on April 18 and the banks said draft still outstanding as of today.

calgary2

Apr 10, 2011
Hi,

I'm planning to do landing soon. In SIN form Item 11. "Are you currently residing in Canada?", should answer "yes"?

Thank you very much,
c2

shambho

Jan 8, 2010
improper_bostonian said:
Hi Shambho,
Unfortunately, I'm not able to reply, it keeps saying 'You are not allowed to send personal messages.'.
It's sad...Can you please share any spare email id that you may have?

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hello Shambo,

If you have a job offer from an employer in Alberta, AINP office will give you a supporting document based on which you can apply for a work permit at your nearest Canadian consulate and work in Alberta.

In the absence of a job offer, I don't think you can work while your PR application is pending.

Hope this helps

shambho said:
Guys - While we are waiting for the PR card, can we work part/full time in Alberta?

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi PatoAb,

At NY Consulate, If you submit your passport in-person, they return the passport with the visitor visa in couple of hours.
Application submission time: 8:30 Am to 10:30 Am

People submit the passport and wait in the lounge, token numbers are called from 11:00 am onwards and passports are returned.

This is my experience in Feb 2011. Not sure if things have changed since then.

Hope this helps.

PaToAb said:
Guys

Does anyone have recent experience with getting visitor visa? When I looked online for information about this, it is very confusing. On New York Consulate website, it says that we can submit application in person and collect passport next day with visitor visa. However, further down on the same page, under processing times section, it says minimum 30 days even for in person application.

Here is the link of what I am reading.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/imm/general_info-rens_generaux.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=206#Processingtime

I have also noticed that several people have their passport stuck in various US offices when they applied for visitor visa and people are simply not getting any response from them even after 40 to 50 days!!! so unprofessional!!! This even makes indian embassy in DC looks better.

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
tsrikanth,

Thats not a problem at all...Even in my CIC application I mentioned Edmonton city as my destination but landed in Calgary.
Everything went smooth. Dont worry about it.

tsrikanth said:
Hi Friends,

I have a question. I was mentioned 'Edmonton' city when I fill CIC application(AINP). Now am planning to land and complete landing formalities in Calgary. Is it OK or any problem ?

shambho

Jan 8, 2010
Avalap said:
Hello Shambo,

If you have a job offer from an employer in Alberta, AINP office will give you a supporting document based on which you can apply for a work permit at your nearest Canadian consulate and work in Alberta.

In the absence of a job offer, I don't think you can work while your PR application is pending.

Hope this helps
Hey Avalap - Thank you very much for explaining this. At this time, I am asking - If you land in Alberta with your stamped passport, have received your SIN etc but still waiting for the PR card to arrive in mail, can you work in Alberta?

C

cchabert

shambho said:
Hey Avalap - Thank you very much for explaining this. At this time, I am asking - If you land in Alberta with your stamped passport, have received your SIN etc but still waiting for the PR card to arrive in mail, can you work in Alberta?
As soon you have your SIN number you can work in what ever you want, the PR is not been asked when you look for a job

Cheeer!

tsrikanth

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-2010
Nomination.....
April-2010
AOR Received.
07-06-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Yes - Detroit
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
Avalap said:
tsrikanth,

Thats not a problem at all...Even in my CIC application I mentioned Edmonton city as my destination but landed in Calgary.
Everything went smooth. Dont worry about it.
Thank you very much Avalap for confirming.
My passports received @ detroit,MI on 05/19/2011 for visa stamping. Today I checked in USPS with return tracking number, it says arrived @Atlanta post office. I think in couple of hours they may deliver at my home. Hoping visa's are stamped in passports.

Thanks,
Srikanth.

Surprised

Star Member
Aug 1, 2009
tsrikanth said:
My passports received @ detroit,MI on 05/19/2011 for visa stamping. Today I checked in USPS with return tracking number, it says arrived @ Atlanta post office. I think in couple of hours they may deliver at my home. Hoping visa's are stamped in passports.

Thanks,
Srikanth.
That would be a nice memorial day weekend for you. Good luck!!

enna

Feb 14, 2011
hi...

when are you palnning to land in canada?
enna

tsrikanth said:
My passports received @ detroit,MI on 05/19/2011 for visa stamping. Today I checked in USPS with return tracking number, it says arrived @ Atlanta post office. I think in couple of hours they may deliver at my home. Hoping visa's are stamped in passports.

Thanks,
Srikanth.

Avalap

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Glad to hear the good news Srikanth.

Good Luck with your journey ahead and feel free to ask if you have any questions regarding the landing...etc

tsrikanth said:

Thanks,
Srikanth.

enna

Feb 14, 2011
Hi Avalap,
I’m planning to land this end of July, can I asked you the following questions:
1. Where is the SIN office in Calgary? And what do I need to bring to apply for SIN?
2. How about the Health card, where is the office and what do I need to bring to apply?
I’m coming back using AVR
1. Is it better depart during weekday and during office hours, so in case the border person/s have a way to check if they are not familiar with AVR?
2. How about arrival, is it better also during weekday ?
Thanks,

enna

Avalap said:
Glad to hear the good news Srikanth.

Good Luck with your journey ahead and feel free to ask if you have any questions regarding the landing...etc

C

cchabert

enna said:
Hi Avalap,
I'm planning to land this end of July, can I asked you the following questions:
1. Where is the SIN office in Calgary? And what do I need to bring to apply for SIN?
2. How about the Health card, where is the office and what do I need to bring to apply?
I'm coming back using AVR
1. Is it better depart during weekday and during office hours, so in case the border person/s have a way to check if they are not familiar with AVR?
2. How about arrival, is it better also during weekday ?
Thanks,

enna
SIN card: http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/cgi-bin/hr-search.cgi?ot=&ln=eng

Bring you passport and the CORP

AB Health Card: http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/Q-register-requirements.html

The requirements are there.

AVR and stuff I don't have a clue, I just move here and forget USA :D

Peace