+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey chigirl:

How are you? Any updates at your end? God you have applied way way back and ahead of most of us. You should have received ppr by now?

Any email from them or so?

Be in touch, good luck

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
dear_pnp said:
Hey chigirl:

How are you? Any updates at your end? God you have applied way way back and ahead of most of us. You should have received ppr by now?

Any email from them or so?

Be in touch, good luck
I wish. No updates from my side. Still waiting, and the same old reply form CIC. :-[

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
Chigirl did you see your address disappear when you login to check the status of your application?
i have very close timelines like you, and for some reason my address disappeared.
chigirl said:
I wish. No updates from my side. Still waiting, and the same old reply form CIC. :-[

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
12/08/2010 (reached Ottawa Sep 8th ,2010)
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
dear_pnp said:
Hi all NY guys:

I have a question about the photos being requested. Since we should be receiving PPR anytime soon, I wanted to be ahead of time and get the photos done so that i dont waste any day.

Now my question is, the photograph specifications say

**Photographs must not have staple holes, stamps, creases or tears in them.********

So does it mean that we should put any date stamp (date photo is taken) on the back of the photograph???? My photographer always give me photos with date and his shops name on the back of the photo. He says he cant give without it.

So what is the answer to it? I know very well it sounds a very lame question, but this lengthy process has turned me into a moron.

Also, has anyone tried getting PR visa stamped in person at NY office. If not, how long does NY office take to return the passports? I have to travel abroad in the middle of April and all my plans are completely frozen at the moment. Cant think or do anything.

Hope we all get pprs soon.
NY photos don't need any date. they need name on the back of the one photo(hand written) for each of the family memeber.
Aslo would need 3 additional for each member without any dates

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
legalcitizen said:
Hey..I got PPR today..They dint ask me for RRPF fee..I dint pay with my initial application.. did they ask you?

Regards..
Congrats!!!!. yes they did ask me the fee.

chigirl

Nov 16, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2008
Doc's Request.
11-15-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-19-2010
Med's Request
07-19-2010
Med's Done....
07-26-2010
bibo said:
Chigirl did you see your address disappear when you login to check the status of your application?
i have very close timelines like you, and for some reason my address disappeared.
Yes, the address has disappeared. But, I wodn;t bet my hopes on that.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
King80 said:
NY photos don't need any date. they need name on the back of the one photo(hand written) for each of the family memeber.
Aslo would need 3 additional for each member without any dates
Hey King80:

Thats what I initially thought. However, it is wrong. NY office requires Date stamp on back of the photo, else they will return the photos citing as not meeting the requirement.

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
dear_pnp said:
Hey king80:

Have you stamped the back of the photos with a date stamp or wrote date on it???
they did not ask me to write the date but names instead: see that part from my letter:

Photographs
! Four (4) additional photos for yourself and your accompanying dependants. (Please see the
following instructions)
*** IMPORTANT REMINDER***
- On the back of one photo of each person (principal applicant and each family
member), write the person's name, and enclose one photo of each person in an
envelope.
- Enclose the rest of the photos of the principal applicant and family member in a
separate envelope.
! Height and eye colour - for every person proceeding to Canada- ( see following page for
instructions)

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
dear_pnp said:
Hey King80:

Thats what I initially thought. However, it is wrong. NY office requires Date stamp on back of the photo, else they will return the photos citing as not meeting the requirement.
How can you say that. did you see the photo content from my letter? can you confirm from where did you find out that.

I have already sent how they asked without any date.

Help!!!!!

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
email to my emaild@gmail.com ( which is on file)

kanchha said:
Hi Legalcitize,
Congratulation.
I my timeline for AOR and file transfer to NY was same day as yours but I haven't recieved PPr request. Did you get my email or mail from post office?

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you file is in NY office, you dont have to worry about that. we can just write using a pen on the backside ..

dear_pnp said:
Hey king80:

Have you stamped the back of the photos with a date stamp or wrote date on it???

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
King80 said:
How can you say that. did you see the photo content from my letter? can you confirm from where did you find out that.

I have already sent how they asked without any date.

Help!!!!!
Yes the photo content does not say that. However it is implied. Photos without date stamp MIGHT not be accepted. You can call CIC number for confirmation. Also one of the photo is required to be kept in a separate envelope, thats for your PR card. And for PR card, it is explicitly says here:

Notes to the photographer

The two photos must:

* show a full front view of the person’s head showing full face centred in the middle of the photo;
* be clear, well-defined and taken against a plain white background without shadows;
* be produced from the same unretouched film or from the same file capturing the digital image or from two identical photos exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera;
* be original photos (not taken from any existing photo);
* New: measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1” and 1 1/5”) from chin to crown (top of hair);
* have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″) finished size;
* be on photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date. Photos without this backing are not acceptable;
* be on prints that are well-fixed and washed to prevent discolouration;
* bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable).

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445EB.asp

I am getting ready with photos and all other stuff so that I can send it as soon as I get the ppr from NY office without wasting even a SINGLE day lol

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey King80:

I got the same attachment. We dont need to write anything ..just follow the instructions. And how much did you pay for RRPF fees..I want to send my PPTs by satday..I dont want to waste any more time..

It would have been really perfect , if we have in person stamping option..I have 1 week vacation coming this month end..I would have used that time to complete landing etc..but at least it better than waiting..

Keep in touch...bye

King80 said:
they did not ask me to write the date but names instead: see that part from my letter:

Photographs
! Four (4) additional photos for yourself and your accompanying dependants. (Please see the
following instructions)
*** IMPORTANT REMINDER***
- On the back of one photo of each person (principal applicant and each family
member), write the person's name, and enclose one photo of each person in an
envelope.
- Enclose the rest of the photos of the principal applicant and family member in a
separate envelope.
! Height and eye colour - for every person proceeding to Canada- ( see following page for
instructions)

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
dear_pnp said:
Yes the photo content does not say that. However it is implied. Photos without date stamp MIGHT not be accepted. You can call CIC number for confirmation. Also one of the photo is required to be kept in a separate envelope, thats for your PR card. And for PR card, it is explicitly says here:

Notes to the photographer

The two photos must:

* show a full front view of the person's head showing full face centred in the middle of the photo;
* be clear, well-defined and taken against a plain white background without shadows;
* be produced from the same unretouched film or from the same file capturing the digital image or from two identical photos exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera;
* be original photos (not taken from any existing photo);
* New: measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1” and 1 1/5”) from chin to crown (top of hair);
* have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″) finished size;
* be on photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date. Photos without this backing are not acceptable;
* be on prints that are well-fixed and washed to prevent discolouration;
* bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable).

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445EB.asp

I am getting ready with photos and all other stuff so that I can send it as soon as I get the ppr from NY office without wasting even a SINGLE day lol
so what should i do ? the ones in separate envelope as per they asked i have only put the names on . Should i send another set with dates and referring my file number?

King80

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
20/07/2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NY Jan 05, 2011
Med's Request
20/07/2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
March 07 2011
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2011
LANDED..........
waiting
legalcitizen said:
Hey King80:

I got the same attachment. We dont need to write anything ..just follow the instructions. And how much did you pay for RRPF fees..I want to send my PPTs by satday..I dont want to waste any more time..

It would have been really perfect , if we have in person stamping option..I have 1 week vacation coming this month end..I would have used that time to complete landing etc..but at least it better than waiting..

Keep in touch...bye
Thanks legalcitizen.