+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
King80 said:
so what should i do ? the ones in separate envelope as per they asked i have only put the names on . Should i send another set with dates and referring my file number?

Having a date stamped on back of the photo is an IMPLIED and DEFAULT thing especially when it comes to IMMIGRATION AND PASSPORT applications. Yes you might want to send them a new set of 4 photos with dates on them, it might be in the best interest of yours.

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
How can Buffalo and NY photo spec for visa be different? I think the new instruction is for PR card.
Buffalo has asked us only for two photos per person.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sinbad said:
How can Buffalo and NY photo spec for visa be different? I think the new instruction is for PR card.
Buffalo has asked us only for two photos per person.
Yes its for the PR card, you dont have to apply for a PR card AFTER you land. You will receive a PR card after you complete the landing.

So photo specs are NOT different for Buffalo or NY. they are same. The only difference is Buffalo asks for 2 and NY for 4. But if you see clearly, NY says to keep one in a separate envelope, thats for PR card processing my friend.

Hope it helps.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legalcitizen said:
Hey King80:

I got the same attachment. We dont need to write anything ..just follow the instructions. And how much did you pay for RRPF fees..I want to send my PPTs by satday..I dont want to waste any more time..

It would have been really perfect , if we have in person stamping option..I have 1 week vacation coming this month end..I would have used that time to complete landing etc..but at least it better than waiting..

Keep in touch...bye
Well guys I would say use your common sense and proceed. Some one agreeing to it or not shouldnt effect your thinking. By this I in no way mean to say legalcitizen is wrong and I am right.

Sinbad

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 9,2010
LANDED..........
Apr 24,2011
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ridiculous-photos-not-according-to-specs-delay-in-pr-card-after-landing-t65961.0.html

See this topic.
When do Buffalo people give the photo according to new PR card photo spec?
Can anybody comment on this?

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sinbad said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ridiculous-photos-not-according-to-specs-delay-in-pr-card-after-landing-t65961.0.html

See this topic.
When do Buffalo people give the photo according to new PR card photo spec?
Can anybody comment on this?
There you go, this is what happens when you dont have correct photos.

Remember, Photos for PR CARD AND IMMIGRATION are same, so guys make sure you follow what is required to.

Take the correct specs and PUT the date on back of the photo.

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys..i found the link..this might help you to get photos..

http://elliottback.com/wp/canadian-passport-photos/

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/consul/photo.aspx

regards

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
nice link! thanks

legalcitizen said:
guys..i found the link..this might help you to get photos..

http://elliottback.com/wp/canadian-passport-photos/

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_york/consul/photo.aspx

regards

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Q13: Why has the status of my application not changed even though it has been a long time since I submitted it and I know that things have happened with my file?

A13: It is normal for some actions to not be reflected in CAS for many weeks due to the volume of information received at the visa offices and the case processing centres.
In many cases, an in-process file is actually waiting in a queue for initial review as applications are handled in the order they are received and on a case-by-case basis. The waiting time in this initial queue can be lengthy, depending on the standard processing times. Applications are processed according to the Application Processing Time at a given location.

In addition, other actions happening to your file are not shown on CAS (example: security checks) so it may appear as though nothing is happening to your file.

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
Congratulation who got PPR

Avalap AOR Date: June-22-2010
Canadaherewecome AOR Date: July-13-2010
dear_pnp AOR Date: July-16-2010
virgo AOR Date: July-19-2010
King80 AOR Date: July-20-2010 Got PPR on March 8 2011
TONYIND AOR Date: JULY 23-2010
legalcitizen AOR Date: July-26-2010 Got PPR on March 10 2011
SK_VA 2 CA AOR Date: July 27, 2010
kevinctech AOR Date: July-28-2010
naxas AOR Date: July-28-2010
SurenderJeet AOR Date: July-25-2010
East Hill

C

cchabert

jxyj01 said:
Hello Folks, Greetings to you all. I landed in Alberta on Feb 17. I drove from Missouri to Alberta. The driving was fun until I reached Great Falls, Montana. It stated snowing real bad, so I checked in nearest hotel Super6. I checked out of hotel at 11am to complete the final leg of my journey. I stopped at Shelby, which is about half an hour from border, to fill in gas and to book hotel in calgary on priceline. As I was nearing Shelby, the temperature started dropping. It dropped to single digits. I could feel the chill filling the gas tank. I got a deal on Priceline for $65 at Super8 for three days. The price was relatively cheap compared to what other people had mentioned on this forum. I left Shelby and started driving towards the border. My eyes became little moist with the thought of leaving US after 10 years. I was laid off form my previous job and a H1B transfer was filed that was approved in Dec till end of April, 2011. The endless wait for green card and extensions had taken a toll on me. On reaching the border, I showed passport to the officer. The officer looked at the visa and asked me if i am completing landing formalities today. I said yes and asked me what I am bringing with me. He game me a yellow slip and asked me to park the car and check inside. I went inside and gave passport at the immigration desk. The officer told me to wait for my name to be called. After 15 mins a young officer called my name and asked what documents I have. I gave him COPR, a printed mailing address in Alberta. He didn't take list of things that I was importing and told me to check with customs when I am done. He went inside and told me to wait so he can enter my data in the systems. He came out after few minutes and asked if anything has changed in the COPR and if all the info on COPR was accurate. I initialed and singed COPR. He went inside side and came out in few minutes to give me passport with stapled page of COPR on my passport and told me to go to customs. The lady at customs was very friendly. It took 45 mins to complete the documentation as I was importing my car. Once that was over, she told me if want to get my title cleared from US side today, I can go to US side or do that at later date. I drove back to US side and gave passport and title to the officer and told him that I do not intend to enter US. He told me to park my car and come inside. I met an old obnoxious lady inside. She looked at my old I-94 and did not bother to look at my new H1B approval. She was kind of wide eyed that I overstayed my stay. I told her about the approval. She looked at systems and said everything is fine. She handed me stamped car title and a US entry refusal paper that I was supposed to give to the Canadian side. She waved me as I left US. I went back to Canadian side, perplexed why I was handed that that refusal paper, since I had a valid status in US. I showed my passport and paper to the officer on the Canadian side. Without looking at passport or paper, he asked me to park my car and come inside. I went inside, the lady who did my customs took that piece of paper and said "oh they gave you that paper". She asked me if my title was stamped and told that I can go now. I was still confused why US side gave me that sheet. Later I learnt that was the standard procedure on the US side. I reached Calgary around 8:30pm. Checked in hotel for next three days. Next day I went to Service Canada for SIN card and later to Alberta Health for health Card. I opened my bank account. It was very very cold. Next day I called Chalocanda. His place was close to my hotel. He came to meet me. It was nice to meet someone in person from this forum. He took me to Windmobile to get me cell phone. It was good to know someone in Calgary. On his advise, I opened bank account at TD bank. The lady was very friendly. I opened an account in US dollars. I looked for apartments for next two days. There are many rental choices in Calgary. I did celebrate Chalocanada's daugther's first b'day on Sunday evening. On Tuesday, I checked out of hotel and drove to my sister's place, who lives about one and half hour north of Edmonton. I spent a week with her. It was very cold throughout. The temperature dropping to minus 8 F. Never experienced that cold. I came back to Calgary day before yesterday. Rented a two bed apartment for 900. One the positive note, there is a boom in midwest Canada. Today the temperature was 10 F and it looked like summer :). I am not going to bring my family for next 3-4 months. It is little lonely, but slowly I am starting a new life. I wish you guys good luck and feel free to contact me.
Welcome Home!

calgary2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
LOS ANGELES
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-08-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
15-08-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Dear All - I got mine and dependents passports stamped with Visa and collected COPR docs in person yesterday. got a bid at priceline for cheaper tickets, hotel & car to Buffalo, thought in person would clear lot indirect question if the primary applicant is before them.

Reached HSBC center, you need to provide your passport and they will give you a sticker which you need to show all the time till your departure from CIC. In all the lifts there is red Maple leaf button which will take you to 30 th floow, Person who recieves you will collect your switched off mobile phone. I stood in Queue after 5 people. I have submitted the four items : Passports, photoes and Email sent by CIC, Buffalo. I forgot to give Money orders ( RPRF), I was just checking the file again and found that, quickly went back and given the MO's. She said she was sorry and really forgot to collect the RPRF (8.30 AM). They were calling numbers, mine came at 10.20, It took that long only becoz I have 4 passports , people with one passports got it still earlier. Validated the COPR for all the details accuracy and dispersed from the embassy. I have submitted the US visa photoes that we have taken recently, they have cut into the 35mm & 45mm and pasted them on COPR docs and returned the second copy.
Loaded 'Niagara Falls' address in GPS and rushed to the see the world wonder, caught the evening flight for back home. Shoot questions if you have any that I did not mention in the Buffalo stamping expereince.

showrisudhir

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-31-2008, 03-25-10(reached CIC)
Doc's Request.
11-20-2009
Nomination.....
11-23-2009
AOR Received.
07-15-2010
Med's Request
07-15-2010
Med's Done....
07-27-2010, Initial Assessment and RPRF on 11/24/10
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
03-24-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-28-2011
LANDED..........
July 15th 2011
Hi calgary2010 Congrates!!!!!,

Did you alone went to CIC or you and your family.
Please clarify, iam also planning to go in person once i get PPR.

SS
calgary2010 said:
Dear All - I got mine and dependents passports stamped with Visa and collected COPR docs in person yesterday. got a bid at priceline for cheaper tickets, hotel & car to Buffalo, thought in person would clear lot indirect question if the primary applicant is before them.

Reached HSBC center, you need to provide your passport and they will give you a sticker which you need to show all the time till your departure from CIC. In all the lifts there is red Maple leaf button which will take you to 30 th floow, Person who recieves you will collect your switched off mobile phone. I stood in Queue after 5 people. I have submitted the four items : Passports, photoes and Email sent by CIC, Buffalo. I forgot to give Money orders ( RPRF), I was just checking the file again and found that, quickly went back and given the MO's. She said she was sorry and really forgot to collect the RPRF (8.30 AM). They were calling numbers, mine came at 10.20, It took that long only becoz I have 4 passports , people with one passports got it still earlier. Validated the COPR for all the details accuracy and dispersed from the embassy. I have submitted the US visa photoes that we have taken recently, they have cut into the 35mm & 45mm and pasted them on COPR docs and returned the second copy.
Loaded 'Niagara Falls' address in GPS and rushed to the see the world wonder, caught the evening flight for back home. Shoot questions if you have any that I did not mention in the Buffalo stamping expereince.

rickiaifan

Jan 17, 2011
Got PRPF request from NY on January 17....still no PPR....Damn IT...Wait too long!!!

Some ppl in thie formun already got PPR even they have later ME than me!!!!! :mad:

earth

Nov 20, 2009
showrisudhir said:

Hi calgary2010 Congrates!!!!!,

Did you alone went to CIC or you and your family.
Please clarify, iam also planning to go in person once i get PPR.

SS

Congratulation!!
I have the same question..... do we need to take all family members to Buffalo or just principal applicant can take the passport of other family members? Thanks!