Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
Seems like the photo specs was updated on Feb. 23, 2011. Maybe complains from people whose first PR photos were rejected were incorporated in this new update.

"bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable)."

I guess we can write the date with a soft pencil.

NewHome_Alberta said:
Thank you guys. But i believe they want the date to be printed not handwritten. This is for the Initial PR card.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445EB.asp

Here are the specs:
Notes to the photographer
The two photos must:

•show a full front view of the person's head showing full face centred in the middle of the photo;
•be clear, well-defined and taken against a plain white background without shadows;
•be produced from the same unretouched film or from the same file capturing the digital image or from two identical photos exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera;
•be original photos (not taken from any existing photo);
•New: measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1” and 1 1/5”) from chin to crown (top of hair);
•have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″) finished size;
•be on photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date. Photos without this backing are not acceptable;
•be on prints that are well-fixed and washed to prevent discolouration;
•bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable).

tonyind

Star Member
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2009
Nomination.....
12/10/2009
AOR Received.
07/23/2010
File Transfer...
01/05/2011 (Detroit )
Med's Request
07/23/2010
Med's Done....
07/29/2010 reached 08/5/2010
Passport Req..
06/10/11
VISA ISSUED...
06/24/11
Sinbad said:
Hi all,
I received ppr just now.
Congrats Sinbad !!

Lagta hai ab apna bhi number aa jayega ...

calgary2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2010
LOS ANGELES
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2009
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
10-12-2009
AOR Received.
15-08-2010
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
15-08-2010
Med's Done....
18-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Thank you one and all and am in Buffalo for stamping in person tomorrow and keep you posted with my experience. Also photo requirements link they sent across to me is "http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/Photographs_Photographies.aspx"

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NewHome_Alberta said:
Thank you guys. But i believe they want the date to be printed not handwritten. This is for the Initial PR card.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445EB.asp

Here are the specs:
Notes to the photographer
The two photos must:

•show a full front view of the person's head showing full face centred in the middle of the photo;
•be clear, well-defined and taken against a plain white background without shadows;
•be produced from the same unretouched film or from the same file capturing the digital image or from two identical photos exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera;
•be original photos (not taken from any existing photo);
•New: measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1” and 1 1/5”) from chin to crown (top of hair);
•have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8″ x 1 3/4″) finished size;
•be on photographic paper that has a backing which accepts and retains the date. Photos without this backing are not acceptable;
•be on prints that are well-fixed and washed to prevent discolouration;
•bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable).
the said:
Seems like the photo specs was updated on Feb. 23, 2011. Maybe complains from people whose first PR photos were rejected were incorporated in this new update.

"bear the date the photo was taken (not the date the photo was printed) directly on the back of one print (stick-on labels are not acceptable)."

I guess we can write the date with a soft pencil.
You guys are talking about PR Card Photo Specs. The specs are differnt for PR Card vs PPR photos.

For PPR you need to have the link that Calgary2010 provided.

"http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/Photographs_Photographies.aspx"

ohhcanada

Star Member
Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-03-2009
Nomination.....
xx-11-2009
AOR Received.
04-08-2010
Med's Request
08-08-2010
Med's Done....
xx-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
xx-03-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Folks,
I finally feel comfortable enough to share my dates (see my profile on the left). In few cases I don't remember the day but the months are all correct.

I finally received my PPR on March 1st, and have sent my passport along with the RPRF fee and photos a few days back. I have been monitoring and reading the threads for almost 2+ (Jan 2009 when I start collecting and filling applications for AINP nomination).

It seems that basically if you have all the papers in order, you should be getting your PPR soon. I can see from the announced dates so far, most who got their PPR, have their meds done in July-Aug 2010 period. I hope I am not wrong on this.

Good luck to you all.
Best.

josephdadreamer

Nov 24, 2008
Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

ohhcanada said:
Folks,
I finally feel comfortable enough to share my dates (see my profile on the left). In few cases I don't remember the day but the months are all correct.

I finally received my PPR on March 1st, and have sent my passport along with the RPRF fee and photos a few days back. I have been monitoring and reading the threads for almost 2+ (Jan 2009 when I start collecting and filling applications for AINP nomination).

It seems that basically if you have all the papers in order, you should be getting your PPR soon. I can see from the announced dates so far, most who got their PPR, have their meds done in July-Aug 2010 period. I hope I am not wrong on this.

Good luck to you all.
Best.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AlbertaGovernor said:
You guys are talking about PR Card Photo Specs. The specs are differnt for PR Card vs PPR photos.

For PPR you need to have the link that Calgary2010 provided.

"http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/Photographs_Photographies.aspx"
Hi all NY guys:

I have a question about the photos being requested. Since we should be receiving PPR anytime soon, I wanted to be ahead of time and get the photos done so that i dont waste any day.

Now my question is, the photograph specifications say

**Photographs must not have staple holes, stamps, creases or tears in them.********

So does it mean that we should put any date stamp (date photo is taken) on the back of the photograph???? My photographer always give me photos with date and his shops name on the back of the photo. He says he cant give without it.

So what is the answer to it? I know very well it sounds a very lame question, but this lengthy process has turned me into a moron.

Also, has anyone tried getting PR visa stamped in person at NY office. If not, how long does NY office take to return the passports? I have to travel abroad in the middle of April and all my plans are completely frozen at the moment. Cant think or do anything.

Hope we all get pprs soon.

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think NY office wont accept in person stamping..sadly our files are struck in NY.. seems like there is no end in sight..GOD save us .. :) :) :) :) :) :)

dear_pnp said:
Hi all NY guys:

I have a question about the photos being requested. Since we should be receiving PPR anytime soon, I wanted to be ahead of time and get the photos done so that i dont waste any day.

Now my question is, the photograph specifications say

**Photographs must not have staple holes, stamps, creases or tears in them.********

So does it mean that we should put any date stamp (date photo is taken) on the back of the photograph???? My photographer always give me photos with date and his shops name on the back of the photo. He says he cant give without it.

So what is the answer to it? I know very well it sounds a very lame question, but this lengthy process has turned me into a moron.

Also, has anyone tried getting PR visa stamped in person at NY office. If not, how long does NY office take to return the passports? I have to travel abroad in the middle of April and all my plans are completely frozen at the moment. Cant think or do anything.

Hope we all get pprs soon.

morpheous

Dec 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-25-2009
Nomination.....
11-26-2009
AOR Received.
06-28-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
06-28-2010
Med's Done....
07-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Still Waiting.....
LANDED..........
Still Waiting.....
I was also sent the same link for PPR photo requirements from Buffalo.... I am not sure where the other specifications are coming from.

calgary2010 said:
Thank you one and all and am in Buffalo for stamping in person tomorrow and keep you posted with my experience. Also photo requirements link they sent across to me is "http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/Photographs_Photographies.aspx"

SinghIsKing

Jul 15, 2009
At Last We Got our Passport with immigrant Visa from LA

We received our Passports with Immigrant visa Stamped valid till July 31 2011 and other COPR docs yesterday in mail from the LA office. I sent the return Express mail envelope with my PPR.

Here are some important timelines:

File transferred to LA : October 26, 2010
PPR Received : January 6 , 2011
Passport Sent with RPRF Fee by USPS Express mail (Next Day Delivery) : January 26, 2011
Status update from "In Process" to "Decision Made" : March 3, 2011
Passports Recieved with Immigrant Visa and COPR : March 9 , 2011

Good luck to all of you and thanks for this beautiful tracking and sharing journey.

I will keep following this forum and will update you guys further.

I will post landing experience once we land in CANADA.

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
Re: At Last We Got our Passport with immigrant Visa from LA

SinghIsKing said:
We received our Passports with Immigrant visa Stamped valid till July 31 2011 and other COPR docs yesterday in mail from the LA office. I sent the return Express mail envelope with my PPR.

Here are some important timelines:

File transferred to LA : October 26, 2010
PPR Received : January 6 , 2011
Passport Sent with RPRF Fee by USPS Express mail (Next Day Delivery) : January 26, 2011
Status update from "In Process" to "Decision Made" : March 3, 2011
Passports Recieved with Immigrant Visa and COPR : March 9 , 2011

Good luck to all of you and thanks for this beautiful tracking and sharing journey.

I will keep following this forum and will update you guys further.

I will post landing experience once we land in CANADA.
Congrats SinghisKing!! Time to celebrate! Good luck for your future.

SK_VA 2 CA

Mar 7, 2011
Hey All NY friends,

Here's my time line:

Avalap AOR Date: June-22-2010
Canadaherewecome AOR Date: July-13-2010
virgo AOR Date: July-19-2010
King80 AOR Date: July-20-2010 Got PPR on March 8 2011
legalcitizen AOR Date: July-26-2010
kevinctech AOR Date: July-28-2010
naxas AOR Date: July-28-2010
SurenderJeet AOR Date: July-25-2010
dear_pnp AOR Date: July-16-2010
East Hill
SK_VA 2 CA AOR Date: Around July 27, 2010
TONYIND AOR DATE : JULY 23-2010
[/quote]

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Woo Hoo .. :)

I just got email from NY asking for passports..its exactly 2 months 26 days..

All the best folks..

and the strange thing is they dint ask me for RRPF fess and I dint pay earlier..I dont know what that means..

SK_VA 2 CA said:
Hey All NY friends,

Here's my time line:

Avalap AOR Date: June-22-2010
Canadaherewecome AOR Date: July-13-2010
virgo AOR Date: July-19-2010
King80 AOR Date: July-20-2010 Got PPR on March 8 2011
legalcitizen AOR Date: July-26-2010
kevinctech AOR Date: July-28-2010
naxas AOR Date: July-28-2010
SurenderJeet AOR Date: July-25-2010
dear_pnp AOR Date: July-16-2010
East Hill
SK_VA 2 CA AOR Date: Around July 27, 2010
TONYIND AOR DATE : JULY 23-2010

kevinctech

Star Member
Aug 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2009
Nomination.....
26-11-2009
AOR Received.
28-07-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
31-07-2010
legalcitizen said:
Woo Hoo .. :)

I just got email from NY asking for passports..its exactly 2 months 26 days..

All the best folks..
[size=10pt]WOWWWWWWW!!![/size] Congrats Legalcitizen!!! Hopefully we get ours soon!!

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here is the letter..

-------------------------------------------
File Number: BXXXXXXXXXXXXX (MYS)
Date: 10 March 2011
APPLICANT NAME: XXXXXX, XXXXXXXXXXXXX

The processing of your application appears complete. Please submit your passport within 60 days as the
issuance of your visa is time sensitive.

Passport Requirements
! Your original passport (must be valid for at least one year) and the original passports for
each of your accompanying dependants.
! Please ensure that there is at least one blank page, other than the last page, in each of
the passports. A parent and one or more children may share the same passport. If there is
more than one child included in the parent’s passport, ensure there is one blank page for
each child.
! The immigrant visa placed in your passport shows an expiry date. You may enter Canada
anytime before the expiry date shown on the visa; this date cannot be extended. If you fail to
enter Canada before this date, you will be required to re-apply and submit new application
and processing fee.
! Please note: Immigrant visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
Photographs
! Four (4) additional photos for yourself and your accompanying dependants. (Please see the
following instructions)
*** IMPORTANT REMINDER***
- On the back of one photo of each person (principal applicant and each family
member), write the person's name, and enclose one photo of each person in an
envelope.
- Enclose the rest of the photos of the principal applicant and family member in a
separate envelope.
! Height and eye colour - for every person proceeding to Canada- ( see following page for
instructions)
*** IMPORTANT:***
You MUST comply with these requirements within 60 days from the date of this letter.
Return THE PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA AUTHORIZATION form with all of the
documents listed above within the prescribed period. You must advise this office in writing of
any change in your civil status or family composition (i.e. marriage, divorce, birth of new child,
etc) and mailing address.
Based on current information on file, your Permanent Resident Visa(s) will be valid until
10 August 2011.
For U.S.A. clients:
Standard Procedure: The Consulate will return documents to addresses in the United States
via U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail (Regular Mail).
U.S. EXPRESS MAIL: If you prefer U.S. Postal Service Express Mail, please enclose with
your application a pre-paid U.S. Express Mail envelope - the correct U.S. postage must be
affixed (we only accept regular stamps, metered stamps not acceptable). Enter a daytime
telephone number on the mailing label above the recipient address. USPS has recently
changed its "flat rate" policy for "Express Mail" or "Priority Mail" envelope, be sure to
specify that the envelope will be mailed from New York City. If this envelope is not provided
or if it has incorrect postal charges, your documents will be returned by regular mail without
further notice to you.

Passport(s) are returned by mail within 30 business days. This period does not include
mailing time.

Regards,