+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
March 2019 or 2020?
I received my AOR in mid-September 2019, a fingerprint request in December 2019, and in early March 2020 received an invitation to take the test on April 1, 2020. My test was cancelled on March 15, 2020.

I haven't received an invitation to take the online test yet, although according to IRCC's website, I should be in the priority list of online test candidates as I had a previously scheduled test that had been subsequently cancelled.

Anybody else here waiting for online test invitation?

rolly27

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
I received my AOR in mid-September 2019, a fingerprint request in December 2019, and in early March 2020 received an invitation to take the test on April 1, 2020. My test was cancelled on March 15, 2020.

I haven't received an invitation to take the online test yet, although according to IRCC's website, I should be in the priority list of online test candidates as I had a previously scheduled test that had been subsequently cancelled.

Same here,, i was scheduled to take th e test last 25th of march 2020 it was calcelled obviously and not getting any invite to take an online test yet..

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec

Hi, I had my test cancelled in March of last year as well (same date, in fact) - where did you see that you should have been on the "priority list"? I tried looking (perhaps not well enough), but couldn't seem to find similar information.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Hi, I had my test cancelled in March of last year as well (same date, in fact) - where did you see that you should have been on the "priority list"? I tried looking (perhaps not well enough), but couldn't seem to find similar information.
There is no priority list that’s released to the public. When online testing was announced, the IRCC said that people with previous tests that were canceled as well as high priority applicants would be among the first to get invited to the online test. They also said that the initial pilot program would be about 5000 invites.
So, not everyone who had a canceled test is going to get an invite for the online test. No one has any real information why one person may have gotten an invite while another with the same stats did not.

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
There is no priority list that’s released to the public. When online testing was announced, the IRCC said that people with previous tests that were canceled as well as high priority applicants would be among the first to get invited to the online test. They also said that the initial pilot program would be about 5000 invites.
So, not everyone who had a canceled test is going to get an invite for the online test. No one has any real information why one person may have gotten an invite while another with the same stats did not.
Sadly, your answer makes total sense, even if it wasn't the one I wanted.. Sigh. Thanks, that's what I figured.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Sadly, your answer makes total sense, even if it wasn't the one I wanted.. Sigh. Thanks, that's what I figured.
I'm sorry for using the term "priority list" everyone. I can understand why such a term can be misleading. However, the IRCC website clearly says that those candidates whose tests were cancelled will be the first to be invited to sit the online test. So, in practice at least, there's a list of candidates eligible for the online test with varying degrees of priority as far as the date of the test is concerned ;-). Again, sorry for misleading anyone.

Anyway... I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person waiting for an online test. I've been checking my email 10-20 times a day for the past 6 months waiting for an email from IRCC and trying to be patient as possible. 2020 - terrible year.

• Sad
Reactions: savarana

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Well, on the upside, if everything goes smoothly, I think there will be an uptick on number of invites in Feb/March. Plus, if the vaccine roll out speeds up, that should help as well.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
I'm sorry for using the term "priority list" everyone. I can understand why such a term can be misleading. However, the IRCC website clearly says that those candidates whose tests were cancelled will be the first to be invited to sit the online test. So, in practice at least, there's a list of candidates eligible for the online test with varying degrees of priority as far as the date of the test is concerned ;-). Again, sorry for misleading anyone.

Anyway... I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person waiting for an online test. I've been checking my email 10-20 times a day for the past 6 months waiting for an email from IRCC and trying to be patient as possible. 2020 - terrible year.

That's okay! I completely understand your sentiments. I think some visa offices are working at snail pace right now which is why they aren't sending out as many invites as some others (or not sending at all). What is your VO? Mine is Vancouver.

I want to believe they haven't exhausted the 5000 invites yet but even if they have, sooner than later they will make this a more permanent structure if they see it is more efficient for everyone. For me, I decided to use my Christmas break to revisit my Study Guide after 10 months or so and to my amazement, I got an invite on Dec 30. Don't worry, yours will come soon. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: chs and canvisa13

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
That's okay! I completely understand your sentiments. I think some visa offices are working at snail pace right now which is why they aren't sending out as many invites as some others (or not sending at all). What is your VO? Mine is Vancouver.

I want to believe they haven't exhausted the 5000 invites yet but even if they have, sooner than later they will make this a more permanent structure if they see it is more efficient for everyone. For me, I decided to use my Christmas break to revisit my Study Guide after 10 month or so and to my amazement, I got an invite on Dec 30. Don't worry, yours will come soon. :)
My VO is Vancouver too. Can I please ask when your original test was scheduled for?

Anybody else from Vancouver waiting for an invitation?

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
My VO is Vancouver too. Can I please ask when your original test was scheduled for?

Anybody else from Vancouver waiting for an invitation?

Oh yea! When was your application submitted?

Here's my full timeline:

Application Sent: July 15, 2019
Application Received/Delivered: July 18, 2019
AOR: Nov 27 | In process ecas: Dec 19, 2019
Test Letter Invite: Mar 6th | Test Interview Date: Apr 4 (cancelled)
New Test Letter Invite: Dec. 30, 2020 | New Test Interview Date: Jan. 04, 2021

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Oh yea! When was your application submitted?

Here's my full timeline:

Application Sent: July 15, 2019
Application Received/Delivered: July 18, 2019
AOR: Nov 27 | In process ecas: Dec 19, 2019
Test Letter Invite: Mar 6th | Test Interview Date: Apr 4 (cancelled)
New Test Letter Invite: Dec. 30, 2020 | New Test Interview Date: Jan. 04, 2021
I'm glad it worked out for you man. I was actually invited to take the test on March 6, 2020, so I'm still hopeful of good news.

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
It seems that any pre covid applicant who had his "in process" status and checks complete, had his test invite .... after that, none received test invitation.
If i wildly assume that part of the "in process" checks is to go to your workplace or home in disguise... there is a good chance that such checks are not possible nowadays without exposing workers to covid ... only fingerprints are requested and you can process them at your own risk.... other than that, anyone else "in process" will have to wait for what seems to be a long time !