+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

ahmedabouelmagd

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
inland
Category........
QSW
Hi All, Quick Qsn please, anyone knows if Online test is an option for applicants from Quebec or not? Because most applicants (who took the online test) were out of Quebec.

itwillbegood

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 Jun 2009
Doc's Request.
14 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
7 Mar 2012
File Transfer...
30 Jun 2010
Med's Request
16 May 2012
Med's Done....
8 June 2012
Passport Req..
4 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
8 Nov 2012
LANDED..........
2 Jan 2013

savarana

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone here that had their test cancelled in March 2020 and has gotten an online test invite?

Last edited:

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I have been looking at the 2019 spreadsheet and it seems to me that there has been a bit of a stalling in tests and oaths some time in mid October 2020. The July 2019 applicants who had taken their test pre- pandemic - appeared to have taken their oaths in October - but there seems to be very little movement after that.
From some other forums I have seen a number of reports of people taking and passing their online tests and oaths.
Can anyone throw any light on why it appears (according to the spreadsheet) that October 2020 seems to have been the last time people have been moving forward? Thank you.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I have been looking at the 2019 spreadsheet and it seems to me that there has been a bit of a stalling in tests and oaths some time in mid October 2020. The July 2019 applicants who had taken their test pre- pandemic - appeared to have taken their oaths in October - but there seems to be very little movement after that.
From some other forums I have seen a number of reports of people taking and passing their online tests and oaths.
Can anyone throw any light on why it appears (according to the spreadsheet) that October 2020 seems to have been the last time people have been moving forward? Thank you.
Yes from October it slowed for sure - just few days/weeks after full fledged school and economic opening and after cases started going up. Not sure if this has anything to do with slowness - as usual, we have no idea on how their work is impacted lately.

I see that in-process updates have been slowed, less number of oath, even citizenship certificate is being sent late.

Test: Only few people received tests in the last 5 weeks, still in a pilot phase hence not seeing bulk invites.

The worst thing is that, these officers are still delaying oath for lot of test completed candidates(as they completed test before March) which i wonder why when everything seems to be online. Dont know if these officers need to still go to office and complete the work.

May be remote work is still not being done. We saw statements that they would send scanned documents to home to finish work but its not the case. Or they are still using 699 code for the reasons such as no one available for day care etc.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Yes from October it slowed for sure - just few days/weeks after full fledged school and economic opening and after cases started going up. Not sure if this has anything to do with slowness - as usual, we have no idea on how their work is impacted lately.

I see that in-process updates have been slowed, less number of oath, even citizenship certificate is being sent late.

Test: Only few people received tests in the last 5 weeks, still in a pilot phase hence not seeing bulk invites.

The worst thing is that, these officers are still delaying oath for lot of test completed candidates(as they completed test before March) which i wonder why when everything seems to be online. Dont know if these officers need to still go to office and complete the work.

May be remote work is still not being done. We saw statements that they would send scanned documents to home to finish work but its not the case. Or they are still using 699 code for the reasons such as no one available for day care etc.
This is helpful to read - thank you. I have seen scatterings of reports of online tests but nothing to suggest a meaningful move forward. Perhaps the evaluations of the online tests will prove to have been a success and further tests will be made available reasonably quickly. Its terrible for so many to be in limbo for so long. Good luck!

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Yes, quite a few have, myself included. I’m a July 2019 applicant, took the online test last month.
I received my AOR in mid-September 2019, a fingerprint request in December 2019, and in early March 2020 received an invitation to take the test on April 1, 2020. My test was cancelled on March 15, 2020.

I haven't received an invitation to take the online test yet, although according to IRCC's website, I should be in the priority list of online test candidates as I had a previously scheduled test that had been subsequently cancelled.

Anybody else here waiting for online test invitation?