+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
It seems that any pre covid applicant who had his "in process" status and checks complete, had his test invite .... after that, none received test invitation.
If i wildly assume that part of the "in process" checks is to go to your workplace or home in disguise... there is a good chance that such checks are not possible nowadays without exposing workers to covid ... only fingerprints are requested and you can process them at your own risk.... other than that, anyone else "in process" will have to wait for what seems to be a long time !
Let’s not assume anything (you know the whole saying about assumption.....). There is no evidence to support this. We have no way of know how far along an “In Progress” status check is.
I got an online test invite with an IP status and so far haven’t been asked for any addition paperwork. I also had a previous test date that was canceled. My coworker who didn’t have a previous test date, was sent an online test invite before me and then got an email requesting more paperwork. In his request it included a line that one of his travel outside of Canada dates was unaccounted for and this was sent before he took his online test.
So, clearly, people who still need to be checked and vetted are getting invites. We are all anxious to get this done. It’s a very new workflow for the IRCC and they are approaching it with caution and diligence. It is going to take more than a month to make sure the process is running correctly and smoothly. Once they are confident it is, then it will be rolled out on a greater scale. Hang in there, it will happen!

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Let’s not assume anything (you know the whole saying about assumption.....). There is no evidence to support this. We have no way of know how far along an “In Progress” status check is.
I got an online test invite with an IP status and so far haven’t been asked for any addition paperwork. I also had a previous test date that was canceled. My coworker who didn’t have a previous test date, was sent an online test invite before me and then got an email requesting more paperwork. In his request it included a line that one of his travel outside of Canada dates was unaccounted for and this was sent before he took his online test.
So, clearly, people who still need to be checked and vetted are getting invites. We are all anxious to get this done. It’s a very new workflow for the IRCC and they are approaching it with caution and diligence. It is going to take more than a month to make sure the process is running correctly and smoothly. Once they are confident it is, then it will be rolled out on a greater scale. Hang in there, it will happen!
Did you both apply after march 16th ? And got test invites ...
I am looking for a single person who applied after march 16 2020 and got a test invite ... that would be great news to me and everyone !

Reactions: itwillbegood

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
It seems that any pre covid applicant who had his "in process" status and checks complete, had his test invite .... after that, none received test invitation.
If i wildly assume that part of the "in process" checks is to go to your workplace or home in disguise... there is a good chance that such checks are not possible nowadays without exposing workers to covid ... only fingerprints are requested and you can process them at your own risk.... other than that, anyone else "in process" will have to wait for what seems to be a long time !
Let's break this down :

If i wildly assume that part of the "in process" checks is to go to your workplace or home in disguise
This is not background checks to get a top secret security clearance. This is for your citizenship application. They have no need to go into homes or offices IMO. All they need to know are follows :

1. You have spent at least 3 years in Canada in the last 5 years (They check with CBSA, check Income tax returns for those who have income, they check this with additional documentation like provincial health summary, pay stubs and rent receipts/mortgage documents).

2. They need to know you are NOT a criminal (They ask for a PCC if you have gone out of the country for more than 180 days. They already have a file on you from your PR application but from what I heard, the validity of these checks is valid only for 1 year < This is the reason applicants get asked for a second set of fingerprints as their prior checks have expired>. They also could check with local police, RCMP, possibly CSIS and other police databases like FBI, Interpol etc to see if there is a name / DOB match. For additional scrutiny, they ask for fingerprints if they see the need. )

Unfortunately, all this information is redacted from the GCMS notes so we would never know what exactly they do but I'd like to think that IRCC isn't stalking me when I'm on my way to work or when I'm at home. I would call this a conspiracy theory.

I will be ordering GCMS notes, once after a few months of getting "In Process" and once after Decision Made to see what information is available in the GCMS notes.

Reactions: his*marty

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
I totally agree there is no evidence, hence the assumption.. i am not talking from a knowledgeable background of the process, neither you.
Im still waiting for the good news to hear about someone who got an invitation for the test, who applied after march 16th 2020.

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Let's break this down :

This is not background checks to get a top secret security clearance. This is for your citizenship application. They have no need to go into homes or offices IMO. All they need to know are follows :

1. You have spent at least 3 years in Canada in the last 5 years (They check with CBSA, check Income tax returns for those who have income, they check this with additional documentation like provincial health summary, pay stubs and rent receipts/mortgage documents).

2. They need to know you are NOT a criminal (They ask for a PCC if you have gone out of the country for more than 180 days. They already have a file on you from your PR application but from what I heard, the validity of these checks is valid only for 1 year < This is the reason applicants get asked for a second set of fingerprints as their prior checks have expired>. They also could check with local police, RCMP, possibly CSIS and other police databases like FBI, Interpol etc to see if there is a name / DOB match. For additional scrutiny, they ask for fingerprints if they see the need. )

Unfortunately, all this information is redacted from the GCMS notes so we would never know what exactly they do but I'd like to think that IRCC isn't stalking me when I'm on my way to work or when I'm at home. I would call this a conspiracy theory.

I will be ordering GCMS notes, once after a few months of getting "In Process" and once after Decision Made to see what information is available in the GCMS notes.
Thank you for the long post,
Just an additional point to 2, if there is a name match, you are asked for prints.... not all applicants are asked for prints.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
I hate to change the subject, but are there any other Vancouver applicants who were scheduled to take the test in April 2020, received a cancellation notice in March 2020, and are still waiting for an invite to take the online test?

keypad

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Passport Req..
15-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
29-09-2015
Congratulations, finally we know that additional docs email is not for everyone.
However, we still don't know the criteria that trigger additional documents request.

Reactions: itwillbegood

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Just an update for me. My status changed this morning to “Decision Made.” No email about oath date and never received an email asking for extra documents.

So, I will hopefully get an email saying my application has been approved and a date to take my oath.
Congratulations! The only thing to do now is to wait for oath! This is excellent news!

Reactions: AshesNdust

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Congratulations, finally we know that additional docs email is not for everyone.
However, we still don't know the criteria that trigger additional documents request.
Thanks! Yeah, there are so many variables that it’s hard to figure why some might get the request and others don’t. Between myself and my coworker, there was a line in the request saying there was one travel date discrepancy. So, that's what probably triggered it for him. Of course, this could all be moot if my application was rejected.

My guess is that if there’s any kind of discrepancy or small error, it triggers the extra document request. Hopefully the process will become clearer as time goes on.

minijoo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Greater Vancouver Area
Signed up to leave a message here to let people know of my application timeline (see my signature). I live in the greater Vancouver area by the way.

Hopefully I get to hear back from my processing office regarding the date of oath soon! Wish you all luck on tests for those who have not taken theirs yet.