Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Mine says:
Application received Jan 8, 2014
We started processing March 27, 2014 (GCMS notes from Feb 2015 showed nothing had been started yet)
Medicals have been received

I noticed the second line 2 weeks ago but not sure when it changed.

Any thoughts or comments, Eagle333?

Elger

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Eagle333 said:
Elger background checks are for everybody. No matter what category you apply under. I will post in few hours the sources of my other information.
I know dear but my question is that do they even go further to see if I had loans in country x which I left or background check is just criminality?

Thanks 9nce again

Jobe

Aug 14, 2015
Thank you for your comments Eagle333,

Tomorrow I will try to persuade my wife that we should get a second set of notes.

It has been a very long haul. The new government has promised to shorten wait times. Let us see if they keep this promise so that nobody else will have to endure such long and unreasonable waits.

As for some of the questions they asked my wife over the telephone, they included the following:

1. How did we meet?
2. Who introduced us?
2. How do we communicate? (my office colleague speaks fluent Russian and he translates for us on Skype). (The immigration officer asked about this.)
3. Had I been to Ukraine to meet my stepson and mother in-law?
4. Where did we get married?
5. Does my wife work? (My wife told the immigration officer that I support her).

These are the questions that I am aware of. There could have been others.

In the write up in the GCMS notes, they refer to us as "of different age and origin". I am 50 and my wife is 35. I know of other couples with an even greater age difference.

I cannot wait to see what other delightful comments are contained in the GCMS notes.

Thank you for all of your help.

Jobe

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elger said:
I know dear but my question is that do they even go further to see if I had loans in country x which I left or background check is just criminality?

Thanks 9nce again
No that is not part of background checks. There is no problem with that.

Bubbles87

Nov 12, 2014
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 07, 2015
AOR Received.
Mar 12, 2015
File Transfer...
Mar27
Med's Request
Dec 05
Interview........
DM: Dec 20, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 08, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 25, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 25, 2016
Eagle333,

In this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-pakistan-london-visa-office-t203899.8715.html

You'll see that someone mentioned his wife's case has been in background checks for 8 months now! What do you think is the reason for such a delay? Nowadays they are working on PPRs of April 2015 applicant and some ppl who applied back in April 2014 are still waiting for background checks for months and months!

This really really scares :(

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:
Mine says:
Application received Jan 8, 2014
We started processing March 27, 2014 (GCMS notes from Feb 2015 showed nothing had been started yet)
Medicals have been received

I noticed the second line 2 weeks ago but not sure when it changed.

Any thoughts or comments, Eagle333?
SenoritaBella,

you should order new GCMS now is the time. You have the same timeline as my sister in low. If you have not received any additional docs at this point you should not be worried so much. In 6 months if they did not call for an interview don't even think about it because they usually communicate interview details at the very early stage of the application. I recommend GCMS at this time of your file. I checked your the way your VO operate and at this stage you are few weeks away from PPR. Warm regards

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jobe said:
Thank you for your comments Eagle333,

Tomorrow I will try to persuade my wife that we should get a second set of notes.

It has been a very long haul. The new government has promised to shorten wait times. Let us see if they keep this promise so that nobody else will have to endure such long and unreasonable waits.

As for some of the questions they asked my wife over the telephone, they included the following:

1. How did we meet?
2. Who introduced us?
2. How do we communicate? (my office colleague speaks fluent Russian and he translates for us on Skype). (The immigration officer asked about this.)
3. Had I been to Ukraine to meet my stepson and mother in-law?
4. Where did we get married?
5. Does my wife work? (My wife told the immigration officer that I support her).

These are the questions that I am aware of. There could have been others.

In the write up in the GCMS notes, they refer to us as "of different age and origin". I am 50 and my wife is 35. I know of other couples with an even greater age difference.

I cannot wait to see what other delightful comments are contained in the GCMS notes.

Thank you for all of your help.

Jobe
See? I was not shy to tell you that your wife had a phone interview with CIC. They wanted to compared what you people wrote in the forms. They thought if they call without warning your wife they might get her confused and get the truth. The truth is the truth and will always remain the truth however if you tell lies you need another to cover the first one then you will need a third lie to cover the second one lol. As long they see there is love and no makeups in the application they won't have any problem with the age difference and origins.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bubbles87 said:
Eagle333,

In this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-pakistan-london-visa-office-t203899.8715.html

You'll see that someone mentioned his wife's case has been in background checks for 8 months now! What do you think is the reason for such a delay? Nowadays they are working on PPRs of April 2015 applicant and some ppl who applied back in April 2014 are still waiting for background checks for months and months!

This really really scares :(

Dear Bubbles87,

It is something I don't agree with CIC on that level. If you have noticed on the forum you will see that some countries' applications are being processed with a big delay compared to other countries. I don't want to sound weird but it is sad to see people from Pakistan and other countries they can stuck in background checks even 1 year which is leaves the applicant with no hope

Mhikyla12

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Apr 7, 2015 SA: Apr 20, 2015
File Transfer...
Apr 30, 2015 AOR2: May 20, 2015 IN Process: Aug 7, 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 25, 2014
Passport Req..
Addt'l docs: May 20, 2015 PP sent to CEM: June 8, 2015
andrew-brit said:
Mhikyla12 the application is your husbands, not yours. Select No to that question. You as the sponsor are requesting notes for your husband's application. This is why your husband needs to fill out a consent form giving you permission to access his information.
Thanks Andrew-Brit!

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elger said:

Thanks 9nce again
Elger

A person may be denied a visa, or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), refused entry to, or removed from Canada on any of these grounds:

•security reasons, including, espionage
subversion (attempts to overthrow a government, etc.)
violence or terrorism, or
membership in an organization involved in any of these

•human or international rights violations, including
war crimes
crimes against humanity
being a senior official in a government engaged in gross human rights violations or subject to international sanctions

•committing a serious crime that would be punishable by a maximum prison term of at least 10 years in Canada
•having been convicted of a crime, including driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
•organized crime, including membership in an organization that takes part in organized criminal activity, people smuggling or money laundering
•health grounds – if their condition is likely to: ?endanger public health or public safety, or
cause excessive demands on health or social services

•financial reasons – if they are unable or unwilling to support themselves and their family members
•misrepresentation, which includes providing false information or withholding information directly related to decisions made under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA)
•failure to comply with any provision of IRPA or
•having an inadmissible family member.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those who would like to study in depth how CIC works in the Visa Offices, I will post a link that I have been using for years now. In this you will find so many stuff. This will keep you busy as you wait your background to be completed. Enjoy the reading.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

Procedure: Conducting interviews
Officers should interview applicants and their family members only when it is essential to assess an application. Waive interviews whenever possible.
Interviews may help to confirm applicants' identities and relationship to sponsors or other family members. Interviews may also clarify any questions about applicants' admissibility.
Interviews may be conducted at a visa office or any other appropriate location.
Ask applicants to bring any documents necessary for the selection decision.
If a relationship of convenience is suspected, officers may wish to interview applicants (and sponsor where applicable) separately.
Focus interviews on information essential for the decision.
See OP 1 for more information on interviewing applicants.

For background checks you can click here and learn more: copy the sentence below and past it in google.

IC manual, Security and Criminal Screening of Immigrants, and ENF 2

ahmedwaqas

Jul 21, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th may 2015
AOR Received.
10th july 2015
File Transfer...
14th july 2015
Med's Request
no need
Med's Done....
1st april 2015
Interview........
09/02/2016 abu dhabi uae
Passport Req..
take my passport on interview
VISA ISSUED...
10/02/2016
LANDED..........
24/03/2016
Eagle333 said:
Dear Bubbles87,

It is something I don't agree with CIC on that level. If you have noticed on the forum you will see that some countries' applications are being processed with a big delay compared to other countries. I don't want to sound weird but it is sad to see people from Pakistan and other countries they can stuck in background checks even 1 year which is leaves the applicant with no hope
but eagle you know 2015 pakistani applecents are very fast thay got ppr dm within 6 to 8 months and one of my friend working with me in uae got ppr with in 6 months so these all are also pakistani so how we said that pakistani background cheek is to late

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmedwaqas said:
but eagle you know 2015 pakistani applecents are very fast thay got ppr dm within 6 to 8 months and one of my friend working with me in uae got ppr with in 6 months so these all are also pakistani so how we said that pakistani background cheek is to late
Cases are different ahmedwaqas you might be talking about the minority look at the big picture. I have friends who are stuck in background checks for 10 months, 1 year. I also read a lot the appeal thread to measure out things and you know what? I learn so much. Lot of people read the appeal thread only when they rejected, remember that people can still read that thread too and see how lucky they are when they escape that road.

canadian1979

Sep 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ received 11/08/2015
AOR Received.
28-05-2015
File Transfer...
06-07-2015 ecas status in process as from Aug 14 2015 Decision made 31 Oct 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 7 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 18 2015
Thanks Eagles for sharing your knowledge to us.

Here's my wife's PR app:-

1.We received wife's application for permanent residence on May 1, 2015.
2.We started processing wife's application on July 9, 2015.
3.Medical results have been received.
VO: London UK

PR status changed to in process on the 28th of August. I ordered notes and received it at the end of Sept but it doesn't show anything besides medical has passed.

Any ideas what's next? do you think it's worth it to re-order notes?

Thanks

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Eagle333 said:
Just got my notes and it says " The processing of your request is now complete and I am pleased to enclose the documents requested. Certain information qualifies for exemption pursuant to section(s) 16 (1) injurious to the enforcement of any law in Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations of the Access to Information Act.

Would this mean they have started the checks? It said on the notes that they weren't started yet. Passed both eligibility and medical tests!