Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2015
LANDED..........
04-01-2016
Thank you, I'd give more time to order my notes.. I hope is like you are saying I'm near the end.. I've always thought with CIC you never know..

My 3 lines are these.

1. Application received Feb, 2015
2 we started processing your application August 17,2015
3. Medicals received

Eagle333 said:
nreilly

So far so good. RPRF is a good sign my dear at this point. Interview has been waived at this stage. If your order your GCMS right now you will see two things. First, Eligibility Review is completed. Second, on some pages of your GCMS you will see lot of S.15 (1) which is a sign background Check is on or if you don't see it your background checks are over. You are nearing to your file's completion. Congrats! Can you put your 3 magic lines for other to see? If there was any additional documents they would have asked together with the RPRF.

Jobe

Aug 14, 2015
Dear Eagle333,

Thank you for taking the time to provide insight, analysis and information to the members who have made postings.

I am sponsoring my wife and her dependent seven year old son to come to Canada from Ukraine. We submitted our application on October 29, 2014. I was approved as a sponsor on March 13, 2015. There was a delay because I had to resubmit one document. For the longest time our ECAS read "Application Received". There seemed to be no progress so I ordered the GCMS notes which I received on September 25, 2015. The notes show that Medicals are passed, but eligibility, security and criminality have not been started. On September 23, 2015 my wife and my mother in-law received telephone calls at the same time from two different immigration officers at the Kyiv visa office. They asked questions about how we met, where we got married and if I had visited Ukraine since the application was filed. My wife and mother in-law provided the same answers to the questions. My wife explained that we had a holiday in Egypt in June and that I met my stepson and her two friends (another couple) on this trip. While I had not actually met my mother in-law in person, we spoke to each other briefly on Skype. One of the two immigration officers told my wife that the medical was good, but she needed a new police clearance certificate. He said that they would contact my wife to tell her whether or not an interview was required. The next day the ECAS was changed from "Application Received" to "In Process". The same three lines are present. Application received on October 29, 2014. We started processing your application on March 26, 2015. Medicals have been received.

My question is quite simple. What are the chances that the interview has been waived and how much longer will it take to receive a request of passports? I am hoping to have my family with me in time for Christmas and New Year.

I thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Jobe

Mhikyla12

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Apr 7, 2015 SA: Apr 20, 2015
File Transfer...
Apr 30, 2015 AOR2: May 20, 2015 IN Process: Aug 7, 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 25, 2014
Passport Req..
Addt'l docs: May 20, 2015 PP sent to CEM: June 8, 2015
Eagle333 said:
Yes you ordered the wrong one. Select acess to information. Since you are requesting these notes for someone you need to pay $5.
Hi eagle333. Should I answer "yes" in "are you requesting information on your own behalf?" I'm kind of confused because the info I need is for my husband, he is the sponsored person not me.

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Mhikyla12 the application is your husbands, not yours. Select No to that question. You as the sponsor are requesting notes for your husband's application. This is why your husband needs to fill out a consent form giving you permission to access his information.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jobe said:
Dear Eagle333,

Thank you for taking the time to provide insight, analysis and information to the members who have made postings.

I am sponsoring my wife and her dependent seven year old son to come to Canada from Ukraine. We submitted our application on October 29, 2014. I was approved as a sponsor on March 13, 2015. There was a delay because I had to resubmit one document. For the longest time our ECAS read "Application Received". There seemed to be no progress so I ordered the GCMS notes which I received on September 25, 2015. The notes show that Medicals are passed, but eligibility, security and criminality have not been started. On September 23, 2015 my wife and my mother in-law received telephone calls at the same time from two different immigration officers at the Kyiv visa office. They asked questions about how we met, where we got married and if I had visited Ukraine since the application was filed. My wife and mother in-law provided the same answers to the questions. My wife explained that we had a holiday in Egypt in June and that I met my stepson and her two friends (another couple) on this trip. While I had not actually met my mother in-law in person, we spoke to each other briefly on Skype. One of the two immigration officers told my wife that the medical was good, but she needed a new police clearance certificate. He said that they would contact my wife to tell her whether or not an interview was required. The next day the ECAS was changed from "Application Received" to "In Process". The same three lines are present. Application received on October 29, 2014. We started processing your application on March 26, 2015. Medicals have been received.

My question is quite simple. What are the chances that the interview has been waived and how much longer will it take to receive a request of passports? I am hoping to have my family with me in time for Christmas and New Year.

I thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Jobe
Good Day Jobe,

The chance of an interview is very slim after that phone call interview. If you read between the lines you will understand that your wife just escaped from a face to face interview and got a good type of interview by means of telephone since you don't see the officer in her/his eyes. I had to do a face to face interview while I was applying for PR in 2008 it is not easy. Face to face interview is more intimidating than phone interview. PPR will come soon after they get the results of background checks. Order your new GCMS end of this month you will see what I am telling you. if you study the questions they were asking your wife you will see that they wanted to wrap up with eligibility.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mhikyla12 said:
Hi eagle333. Should I answer "yes" in "are you requesting information on your own behalf?" I'm kind of confused because the info I need is for my husband, he is the sponsored person not me.
say NO then fill your information. let me double check. but you will need to have use of a representative form signed by both of you.

SAY NO AND NEXT QUESTION SAY ALSO NO, then select member of the public continue...

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
My timeline is to the left.

I went into "In Process" August 17th, and then a few days later it was back dated to Dec 18, 2014 when the application was initially received in LVO.
Sept 16/15 - I found out via CSE that they have sent husband's medical for review if an extension could be granted.

Haven't heard anything since. Not sure where we are at with Eligibility/background/security checks. GCMS notes generated Aug 24th indicated none of these had started then.

Jobe

Aug 14, 2015
Dear Eagle333,

Thank you for your quick reply and words of encouragement. I would agree with you in your analysis. By any chance, did you apply out of the Kyiv visa office in 2008?

I will keep you apprised of any developments. My wife is reluctant to order the notes a second time. She thinks it will upset the visa officers, but I do not believe it will. I will try to get her to sign a new authorization to get a second set of notes. I am sure much will be revealed, but given that it takes 30 days to get the notes from the time of request, we could already know the result by the time the notes arrive.

Jobe

Brona

Oct 7, 2014
Dear Eagle333,

I've read this thread thoroughly and just would like you expertise comment on my case.
I submitted my application for outland sponsorship in May, then in the first week of August I received a message from CIC I was eligible and urged me to submit undertaking to MIDI (Which I did on September and called them just today to hear Im approved for undertaking and will receive CSQ within a couple of days)

The on-line status now reads as following:
Sponsor: Decision made
Sponsored person:In progress

1.We received application for permanent residence on May 29, 2015.
2.We started processing application on July 31, 2015.
3.Medical results have been received.

I remember some time back it was only received application and received medicals there.

Do I understand correctly the three lines now means eligibility check was passed and is now up to security\criminal check?
Well apparently I missed that message about them doing check now simultaneously. So basically this still has no confirmation on anything so far..
Also, Im wondering whether MIDI will pass the CSQ to them or I should play safe and forward the scan to their VO(Poland) vial email with reference to my app?

Thank you.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jobe said:
Dear Eagle333,

Thank you for your quick reply and words of encouragement. I would agree with you in your analysis. By any chance, did you apply out of the Kyiv visa office in 2008?

I will keep you apprised of any developments. My wife is reluctant to order the notes a second time. She thinks it will upset the visa officers, but I do not believe it will. I will try to get her to sign a new authorization to get a second set of notes. I am sure much will be revealed, but given that it takes 30 days to get the notes from the time of request, we could already know the result by the time the notes arrive.

Jobe
Jobe requesting your gcms notes is your right and it does not delay your process like people usually say or upset the VO. They know you want to have an idea of what is going on in your file. Again it is not the VO office which generate the gcms it is cic main office in Ottawa does. I kind of lough when you said your wife said it will upset the officer. I will recommend to order your gcms as soon as you can.

Elger

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Eagle333 said:
Jobe requesting your gcms notes is your right and it does not delay your process like people usually say or upset the VO. They know you want to have an idea of what is going on in your file. Again it is not the VO office which generate the gcms it is cic main office in Ottawa does. I kind of lough when you said your wife said it will upset the officer. I will recommend to order your gcms as soon as you can.
Dear Eagle333
Please kindly help me on this application received 2 March
In process 15 may
But am under refugee category. I would like to know if background check invloves things like me having loans in some country if it can affect me or its all about security and criminalisation.
Please update me what you think if my case needs monthssss to nature or am almost there
Kindly,Elger

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Eagle333 said:
Good Day Folks,

I am starting this thread just to bring more light between the OLD IN PROCESS and the NEW IN PROCESS on Ecas.

APPLICATION RECEIVED:

This status on Ecas used to appear when the VO was checking the application fees were paid, All sponsorship forms were dated and signed, all the supporting documents were present ( If not, they could request any missing document) at this stage they used to check the qualitative of your file. Usually the Officer who received people's files when they came fresh from CPC Ontario will do everything we just mentioned above and put a 3 months BFD on your file to be reviewed by another officer and placed it in a queue, Then send AOR2. some VO did not even send AOR2. After 3 months an officer will open your file again and begin to do some work, your ecas still showing APPLICTION RECEIVED. The first thing that officer will do is to work on Eligibility between the SPONSOR and PA. The officer will pay close attention on age differences, religious background if the relationship is ongoing, no red flag, or fake documentation, the officer will check if the quantitative and qualitative of docs you sent. If you happened to order your GCMS at this point you will see ELIGIBILITY: IN PROGRESS, and Ecas would displayed

We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000

Even if medicals were done at this point, lots of people's applications back then did not displayed Medical Received at this stage on Ecas. when the officer approved your Eligibility at this point, your Ecas would show IN PROCESS and if your were to order your GCMS Notes would then show ELIGIBILITY: PASS. It is a sign that there would not be an interview. the case was not over yet.

IN PROCESS: We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000
We started processing JON DOE'S Permanent Residence Application on 01.03.2000

At this point the officer will request SECURITY checks and CRIMINALITY checks to other government offices who are responsible to do so. at this point no matter how long your file would take it was not the VO's fault neither yours but CSIS. Just to add flesh to the bone, let's say you requested your GCMS 4 months after your application went IN PROCESS, you might see at any page pertaining to SECURITY/CRIMINALITY would have S.15 (1) or S.19 (1) on the right top corner. Sometimes CRIMINALITY Checks may come back quickly and the officer would updated your file and keep waiting for Security.Then your GCMS will show.

Eligibility: Pass
Criminality: Pass
Medicals : Pass

Sometimes they may hid Security Checks even if it is finished according to Subscription 15 (1) for international affaires and defense. If the RPRF is not paid and the officer did not want to extend your Medicals if they were expired, he/she will issue a request for those document, even PPR. Some people reported seeing on GCMS Notes

Eligibility: Pass
Criminality: Pass
Security : Pass
Medical : In progress or Pass

DECISION MADE:We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000
We started processing JON DOE'S Permanent Residence Application on 01.03.2000
Medical Results have been received
Decision has been made on your application and the office will contact you in writing about this decision

At this point when Ecas displayed Medical results have been received which was the 3rd line, any applicants used to know that their application were almost done.

Back then Decision made without re- medical, Medical request or PPR was a sign of rejection and a good number of people used to know that their applications were rejected until they received their decision made letters to be double sure. Things have changed so much and will keep changing.

The NEW IN PROCESS has replaced the old status called APPLICATION RECEIEVED if it says:

IN PROCESS: We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000
Medical Results have been received

This way you are not off of the interview's hook yet, they just update your Ecas with those 2 lines they will only show the date they started processing your file when Eligibility passes and background checks have then begun. You will mostly likely see the third line after months and months when your file has matured for PPR and ready for a decision. Hopefully this helped

Warm Regards and good luck

1.We received your application for permanent residence on XXXXXXXX.
2.We started processing your application on XXXXXXXX.

I'm in NEW PROCESS group, If yes This means I m not of interview queue and i do not have to be worry about interview , VO is satisfied with my Case Right ??

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elger said:
Dear Eagle333
Please kindly help me on this application received 2 March
In process 15 may
But am under refugee category. I would like to know if background check invloves things like me having loans in some country if it can affect me or its all about security and criminalisation.
Please update me what you think if my case needs monthssss to nature or am almost there
Kindly,Elger
Elger background checks are for everybody. No matter what category you apply under. I will post in few hours the sources of my other information.

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
warzo said:
My timeline is to the left.

I went into "In Process" August 17th, and then a few days later it was back dated to Dec 18, 2014 when the application was initially received in LVO.
Sept 16/15 - I found out via CSE that they have sent husband's medical for review if an extension could be granted.

Haven't heard anything since. Not sure where we are at with Eligibility/background/security checks. GCMS notes generated Aug 24th indicated none of these had started then.
Your sounds like our...IP 23 June 2015 in Julyish and then a few days ago it changed to 11JUN2014...Our case notes show no one touched the file from Aug 2014 until May 2015 but for my request for case notes...

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tony000 said:
1.We received your application for permanent residence on XXXXXXXX.
2.We started processing your application on XXXXXXXX.

I'm in NEW PROCESS group, If yes This means I m not of interview queue and i do not have to be worry about interview , VO is satisfied with my Case Right ??
Tony000 do you also mind going back on page 8 of the same thread and see if your case is fully answered in there. Let me know if you need more comments.