+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to keep this thread updated with some valuable information so that members can have a clear picture of what is going on in their files. I want to share what usually takes place from CPC TO VO.

Overview of CPC activities related to sponsorship applications Spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children overseas. CPC-M assesses the sponsorship application, provides a recommendation on the
sponsor’s eligibility and reviews applications for permanent residence for completeness. If sponsors are found eligible, their sponsorship information and a positive recommendation are transferred electronically to the appropriate visa office through GCMS while the IMM 0008 and supporting documents in paper format are sent to the visa office for final processing.

If sponsors are found ineligible the documentation may be transferred to the visa office with a negative sponsorship recommendation, or the application for a permanent resident visa may be discontinued, depending on the sponsor’s stated preference. If an ineligible sponsor has chosen not to continue with the sponsorship,
the CPC closes the electronic sponsorship record.

Reviewing sponsorship and permanent residence applications: Spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children.

CPC-M reviews all sponsorship and permanent residence application forms and supporting documents to confirm that the following are included and complete:
• sponsorship forms, including undertaking and agreement, completed and signed;
• sponsorship application includes only spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and/or dependent children;
• application for permanent residence forms, completed and signed; proof of payment of correct fees at a bank;
• all required supporting documents.
If the application does not include the minimum requirements, CPCM returns the application and all documents to the sponsor, and requests missing information and documents.If the application is complete, CPC-M:
assesses sponsor’s eligibility and completes Eligibility Check.
• writes on sponsorship application “Met or Not Met”; and
• enters basic data information into CPCS. (Case Processing Case System) If sponsorship requirements are met, CPC-M:
• downloads sponsorship information and recommendation to GCMS;
• forwards application for permanent residence and supporting documents to the visa office responsible for the country of residence of the sponsored persons, with any additional information, such as:
♦ if the sponsor received a visa abroad to come to Canada as refugee or adopted foreign national, provides relevant information including the office of visa issuance and file number;
♦ if the sponsor was granted permanent residence subject to conditions, provides information on the date these conditions were met or must be met;
♦ if there has been enforcement action involving the foreign national, particularly details of removals, office responsible for enforcement action etc. that will help to ensure that any removal costs are recovered by the visa office, if applicable;
♦ any other relevant information that may affect an officer’s decision.

So your Visa Office receives so many information on the sponsor, how he/she immigrate to Canada. The sponsor's profile can play a positive or negative role in the sponsored person's application.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
warzo said:
My timeline is to the left.

I went into "In Process" August 17th, and then a few days later it was back dated to Dec 18, 2014 when the application was initially received in LVO.
Sept 16/15 - I found out via CSE that they have sent husband's medical for review if an extension could be granted.

Haven't heard anything since. Not sure where we are at with Eligibility/background/security checks. GCMS notes generated Aug 24th indicated none of these had started then.
reposting my inquiry. Not sure if the last response means that background checks are completed or not.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
warzo said:
reposting my inquiry. Not sure if the last response means that background checks are completed or not.
Can't tell if background checks are over or not if you don't order GCMS. It was a good sign that CIC requested medical review from RMO ( Regional Medical Office), but I recommend that you request your GCMS. If you get them and you need help we can still assist.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
Eagle333 said:
Can't tell if background checks are over or not if you don't order GCMS. It was a good sign that CIC requested medical review from RMO ( Regional Medical Office), but I recommend that you request your GCMS. If you get them and you need help we can still assist.
Next set is due to come in a week. So hopefully there is an update. As mentioned before, I ordered notes that were generated a week after I went into process, and back then nothing had been started.

Thank you for your response. Appreciate it.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
warzo said:
Next set is due to come in a week. So hopefully there is an update. As mentioned before, I ordered notes that were generated a week after I went into process, and back then nothing had been started.

Thank you for your response. Appreciate it.
This time when you get your next ones check these things:

On page 2 of your next GCMS under APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT what is the due date? this date will be the next time your file will be looked at. Still on page 2 look on the right hand corner if you can see S.15(1) This will be 100% solid sign that you are under the background checks. Again on page 2 check the ASSESMENTS

Eligibility:
Security:
Human International Right Violation:
Criminality:
Medical:

Then go to APPLICATION section you will have to scroll down to see that, check the first 3 applications and their old as well as new Value.

APPLICATION: 1
Field Name: Criminality
Action: Updated
Old Value: Not Started
New Value: Passed
Updated Date: 2014/12/10
Updated by: EP5043
Office: (your visa office)

APPLICATION: 2 Just to let you know that 80% of time they leave security new value blank and the date
Field Name: Security
New Value:
Updated Date:

APPLICATION: 3
Field Name: Eligibility
New Value: Passed/ In progress/ recommend pass/ not started
Updated Date: 2014/04/08

Then go to your History same as we did with APPLICATION, lastly check the notes sections to read what visa officers have been writing about your case.

Jini

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 09, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 11, 2015
File Transfer...
Sep 15, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront Medical-June 25,2015
Med's Done....
Remedical-June 16, 2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Aug 08, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 12, 2016
LANDED..........
Very Soon
Eagle333 said:
Everybody listen up,

I just got off the phone a while ago with a friend of mine whose big brother works for CIC around the globe. I ask my friend to ask his brother why new applicants have 3 lines very quickly on their eCas? and their eCas shows in process with the date they started processing? He told him that; way down from 2011, CIC had a huge
backlog to clear because the background checks were requested after the eligibility passes, if someone had to go through an interview their background checks were only started after they pass eligibility via interview. But CIC wants to cut the backlog by introducing a new strategy in requesting the background checks even before eligibility is not finished yet so that when the VO will finished updating the eligibility the background might come right quickly to allow them in taking a quick Decision. He said today they update eCas to in process at the very early date but it does not mean that the file is almost done also eligibility in some cases is still under review by 3 different officers each one take turns, usually the 3rd Officer is a Manager mostly a Canadian notional but
the first 2 officers are always local people that are trained by CIC to work for Canada in their home country. Now I understand why CIC usually says that file is under review even for 3 months. So guys he said that as long as there is no additional documents requested or interview letter sent, the applicants should not worry and the date shown on eCas is when the application went in process or is when they requested the background checks at the same time they will take time to review the eligibility stage. He said they don't want to wait for someone to pass an interview so that they can start the checks it slows down the process.

Hope I did something for Millions of applicants who are troubled about the new and old in process. I am will take questions with more confidence now. Guys I am working so hard because my brother is also sponsoring his wife that is why you see I am very dedicated like this, otherwise I would have been busy doing other things. lol
@Eaagle333
if I understand properly the new working procedure of VO (NDVO), can we assume that the files will be faster than 8-9 months for straight forward cases, since criminal and security checks are done parallel with eligibility checks.

Timeline below:
1. we received application for PR on July, 2015
2. we started processing on Sept, 2015
3. medicals have been received (updated on ECAS on Oct, 2015)

Any advise looking at the timeline above :)

As always many +1
cheers

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jini said:
@Eaagle333
if I understand properly the new working procedure of VO (NDVO), can we assume that the files will be faster than 8-9 months for straight forward cases, since criminal and security checks are done parallel with eligibility checks.

Timeline below:
1. we received application for PR on July, 2015
2. we started processing on Sept, 2015
3. medicals have been received (updated on ECAS on Oct, 2015)

Any advise looking at the timeline above :)

As always many +1
cheers
exactly right Jini you got it. I have a private email from a member of this forum whose eCas changed from In process to DECISION MADE today. I know he/she will read this. I advised him/her to post that message here so everyone can see it. This person has his/her eCas going IN PROCESS of August 2015 and today DECISION MADE after re-medical. Which is a very positive timeline and many more are coming soon.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tony000 said:
@ Eagle

I'm thinking to Apply for visitor visa , it is write time to apply , what do you think ??
It is good and bad at the same time. It is good because you want to see your loved one (sponsor) but if I were you I would wait until the sponsorship visa is granted because CIC will see that you might not go back to your country perhaps you are scared that you might be found inadmissible under PR application and you want to jump the gun by applying for TRV. You will make them smelling something fishy and who knows they might pay close attention on your file and communicate with CSIS your next move. If your passport is exempt from Canadian Visa you can easily come here but if not, you know what I just told you a while ago.

What do you think?

braveheart09

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/16/2015
AOR Received.
7/17/2015
File Transfer...
8/24/2015
Med's Done....
5/10/2015
Interview........
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked 25-05-2016
Hi everyone and eagle333 I opened a new thread for this question but I would like to ask you this too ,
We applied for outland sponsorship on 16 june 2015 but we just realized we made some mistakes on the 1 form wefilled that form when we were in canada together on imm5490e question is" are u currently living with your sponsor" when we send the form we werent living together and another section 27 on the same form have you and your sponsor lived together if yes give the dates of periods of cohabitation " we thought it is the time frame before marriage but it is not so what are my options should i fill the form correct and send it again or just wait but really afraid of they just gonna reject our application thanks for all your answers .

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Eagle333 said:
It is good and bad at the same time. It is good because you want to see your loved one (sponsor) but if I were you I would wait until the sponsorship visa is granted because CIC will see that you might not go back to your country perhaps you are scared that you might be found inadmissible under PR application and you want to jump the gun by applying for TRV. You will make them smelling something fishy and who knows they might pay close attention on your file and communicate with CSIS your next move. If your passport is exempt from Canadian Visa you can easily come here but if not, you know what I just told you a while ago.

What do you think?
it make sense but at the same time I want to be with my Wife on X-mas and new years time, i will not jeopardize Sponsorship by over staying ..i m not planning to dig whole in Canada on Visitor visa my plans are to spend some quality time with her & back to my home country and waits for PR

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tony000 said:
it make sense but at the same time I want to be with my Wife on X-mas and new years time, i will not jeopardize Sponsorship by over staying ..i m not planning to dig whole in Canada on Visitor visa my plans are to spend some quality time with her & back to my home country and waits for PR
Tony I totally agree with you and I hope it worked out for you to come over for X-mas and new year. I was just giving you whole the details in this big picture. Good luck

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
braveheart09 said:
Hi everyone and eagle333 I opened a new thread for this question but I would like to ask you this too ,
We applied for outland sponsorship on 16 june 2015 but we just realized we made some mistakes on the 1 form wefilled that form when we were in canada together on imm5490e question is" are u currently living with your sponsor" when we send the form we werent living together and another section 27 on the same form have you and your sponsor lived together if yes give the dates of periods of cohabitation " we thought it is the time frame before marriage but it is not so what are my options should i fill the form correct and send it again or just wait but really afraid of they just gonna reject our application thanks for all your answers .
Welcome back braveheart09,

1. One of you should send to them an email quickly and update them that you made a mistake which you did not mean to. Tell them that you and your partner filled another IMM5490E correctly and you are about to send it to them. Please do it as quick as possible, When you send that form attached a cover letter explaining to them that you realised that you made a mistake and you'd like to make it right.

OR

2. You can also fill IMM5490E and scan it to your email and type an explanatory cover letter that you will also attach to your email and shoot them an email with these information to gain more time than send physical documents. The scanned forms need to be very legible with dates and signatures.

braveheart09

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/16/2015
AOR Received.
7/17/2015
File Transfer...
8/24/2015
Med's Done....
5/10/2015
Interview........
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked 25-05-2016
Eagle333 said:
Welcome back braveheart09,

1. One of you should send to them an email quickly and update them that you made a mistake which you did not mean to. Tell them that you and your partner filled another IMM5490E correctly and you are about to send it to them. Please do it as quick as possible, When you send that form attached a cover letter explaining to them that you realised that you made a mistake and you'd like to make it right.

OR

2. You can also fill IMM5490E and scan it to your email and type an explanatory cover letter that you will also attach to your email and shoot them an email with these information to gain more time than send physical documents. The scanned forms need to be very legible with dates and signatures.
You saved my day again eagle333 thanks a lot i sent a apologize letter about the mistakes and signed and updated imm5490e and i will also send via mail to ankara visa office i hope nothing wrong happens about these , because they didnt want any updated forms or anything from me

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
braveheart09 said:
You saved my day again eagle333 thanks a lot i sent a apologize letter about the mistakes and signed and updated imm5490e and i will also send via mail to ankara visa office i hope nothing wrong happens about these , because they didnt want any updated forms or anything from me
No worries they will like your honesty and won't make it an issue if you do the right thing. They will update the gcms not big deal for that. Best Regard braveheart09.