+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lonelyguy said:
Dear Eaggle, since you have many people requesting your consultation, and it might require you to dedicate more time, I think now we can start charge the service fee. I will b the accountant. :)
lonelyguy,

You are right in what you are saying and I agree with you 100% however I devoted my spare time to respond to people's questions because it is a great pleasure for me when I give a free glass of water to someone who is thirsty and my reward will come in a different way. Thanks for your message anyways.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eagle333 said:
lonelyguy,

You are right in what you are saying and I agree with you 100% however I devoted my spare time to respond to people's questions because it is a great pleasure for me when I give a free glass of water to someone who is thirsty and my reward will come in a different way. Thanks for your message anyways.
This forum, as well as the world that we all share, needs more people with your generous spirit.

I'll gladly give you a much deserved +1...only because a +2, or more, isn't allowed here.

Thanks for all you're doing; it's helping to ease the angst of many people.

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
Dear Ealge333 when we find that our Case is waiting for ReView , Is this the stage before interview is recommended or after Review they decide what they wanna do ??

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
This forum, as well as the world that we all share, needs more people with your generous spirit.

I'll gladly give you a much deserved +1...only because a +2, or more, isn't allowed here.

Thanks for all you're doing; it's helping to ease the angst of many people.
Thanks Ponga,

bladeguard

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eagle333 said:
Hi Bladegurd,

I am pleased to respond to your query in full detail hopefully you will be satisfied.

Once the visa office has received the paper file from the CPC-Vegreville, files for family members can be created as follows:

• One file: this may be the most convenient in the following situations:
♦ The principal applicant’s spouse and minor child(ren) are being processed concurrently.
There is no need to create separate files for a parent accompanied by dependent children, all of whom are family members of the PA in Canada.
♦ For cases in which family members are being examined but none is accompanying the principal applicant, the family members (regardless of age and relationship) may be included in a single file for convenience.
• Separate files for each family member is the preferred option in the following situations:
♦ There are several minor children (a group of siblings, for instance), not accompanied by an adult. The files must be split so that the children do not appear as dependants of a sibling, whether the sibling is a minor or an adult.
♦ Cases of family members 18 or over, or if some family members will be accompanying and some will not.
Note: Cross-referencing of these files is essential.
Note: Each family member must fill out a separate application form, even if only one file is created.

Role and responsibilities of the CPC-Vegreville

All in-Canada applications for permanent residence, including any sponsorship applications, are submitted to the CPC-Vegreville. All applicable processing fees are also submitted to the CPC-Vegreville, although, in some instances, the
principal applicant may choose to pay the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) at a later date, or, in exceptional circumstances, to have family members pay their RPRF through the visa
office. The application of the principal applicant in Canada cannot be finalized without the results of the
visa office processing of any family members residing abroad. Therefore, when the principal applicant has listed family members living abroad in their application, the CPC-Vegreville will do the following:

• Forward a paper copy of the original in-Canada application to the visa office by diplomatic bag; this will include a copy of the principal applicant’s application form and any supplementary family information forms included with the application. A copy of form IMM 5476 “Use of a Representative” will be included when applicable.
• This paper file will be accompanied by a covering memo which must contain the following information:
♦ the name, date of birth, and client ID number of the principal applicant;
♦ the immigrant class/category of the principal applicant;
♦ the date of receipt/lock-in date of the application;
♦ the status of the principal applicant’s application for permanent residence (approved stage one, statutory requirements met, ready to receive permanent resident status, missing information, etc.);
♦ the name(s) of accompanying and non-accompanying family member(s);
♦ what processing fees and RPR fees have been paid or exempted.
• Advise the visa office if, at any stage of the in-Canada processing, new information is received that may be pertinent to visa office processing (e.g., fraudulent documents, ineligible in-Canada family members, etc.).
• When the principal applicant and any family members in Canada have been granted permanent residence by the local responsible CIC, this CIC will advise the visa office so it can issue visas to the accompanying family members abroad who are being processed concurrently.

Role and responsibilities of the visa office

When the visa office has received the paper file from the CPC-Vegreville for any family members who are to be assessed abroad for eligibility and admissibility, it will do the following:
• forward an Application for Permanent Residence in Canada [IMM 0008EGEN] to each family member, with a time limit by which they must respond;
• open the appropriate file for each case;
• if the completed IMM 0008EGEN and required documentation are not received within the requested time limit (as decided by each visa office, pursuant to local conditions), send a reminder letter requesting that documentation be provided (by a new date), after which the file would be closed and, in some circumstances, the applicant in Canada could be refused;
• send a copy of this letter to the principal applicant in Canada and notify the CPC-Vegreville; the visa office may try to contact the principal applicant directly at any time during this process;
• after receipt of the completed application and documentation, assess eligibility, confirm identity and determine relationship and whether or not they are family members;
• initiate medical and background examination (security and criminality);
• inform the CPC-V if any applicants are found to be ineligible;
• inform the CPC-V if any family members are found to be inadmissible;
• inform the CPC-V of the results of medical and background checks, their period of validity and the visa office file number for both accompanying and non-accompanying family members so that the CPC-Vegreville can finalize the case in Canada in exceptional circumstances, collect the RPRF for family members abroad, if it has not yet been paid to the CPC-Vegreville in Canada; after the responsible CIC has advised that the principal applicant has been granted permanent residence in Canada, issue permanent resident visas to all accompanying family members who have been included and are eligible for concurrent processing.

Good Luck
Thank you so much Eagle for that very informative and well detailed
information about our case.. It was really of great help and it enlightens me how the process
actually goes.. hats off to you my friend! you've been generously helping everybody whatever concerns they have.. you are such a kind-hearted and amazing man! Keep it up and may God always bless you with abundance!! +1 to you.. ;)

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bladeguard said:
Thank you so much Eagle for that very informative and well detailed
information about our case.. It was really of great help and it enlightens me how the process
actually goes.. hats off to you my friend! you've been generously helping everybody whatever concerns they have.. you are such a kind-hearted and amazing man! Keep it up and may God always bless you with abundance!! +1 to you.. ;)
bladeguard it is my pleasure to help. There is always enjoy to than to receive that's the principle I base my life upon. You also helped people by asking that question. down the road thousand and thousands will get what you just got today so +1 to you as well.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tony000 said:
Dear Ealge333 when we find that our Case is waiting for ReView , Is this the stage before interview is recommended or after Review they decide what they wanna do ??
Hi Tonny000,

VISA OFFICE ( ELIGIBILITY REVIEW):

Initial and Final review of an application is before interview
Officers should review the file and consider the following:

Assessment factors

1. Does the number of family members on the IMM 0008GEN, whether accompanying or not, coincide with the number of persons listed on the IMM1344AE?

2. Does the sponsor still meet eligibility requirements?

3. Is the sponsor reportable under A44(1))? What is A44(1)? Sponsors who may be subject to an A44(1) report
A final determination on an application for permanent residence cannot be made if a permanent resident sponsor or co-signer is the subject of an A44(1) report [R136].
Sponsors, who became permanent residents on the basis of never having been married, sometimes attempt to sponsor spouses they married before immigrating. Similarly, sponsors who became permanent residents as single children might sponsor a common-law partner with whom they lived in a conjugal relationship before immigrating. In such cases the sponsor may be reported under A44(1) for misrepresenting a material fact [A40(1)(a)]. In addition, the original sponsor of a family member who misrepresented their marital status may be reported under A44(1).
Officers with reason to believe that a sponsor may be subject to an A44(1) report for this or other reasons should provide details to CPC-M.

4. Is a background check necessary? If yes, proceed with a request for the background check.

5. Are there concerns related to relationships with family members?

6. Identifying a relationship of convenience,

7. Is an interview required? If yes, proceed immediately with scheduling.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JUST WANT TO POST NOTES OF THE DAY

CIC classify our applications as Routine or Non-routine

What is a non-routine application?

An application is considered non-routine if any one of the following has occurred: takes more time to be processed and issue a visa

Medical, security or criminal issues,
Suspected relationship or dissolution of convenience,
Misrepresentation of marital status at time of marriage,
Previous deportation,
Inability to support self and family members due to legal obligations or other reasons,
Relationship of applicant to sponsor or applicant to other family members in doubt,
Marital status of family member suspect,
Sponsor under investigation for violation of the Act,
Outstanding criminal charge against sponsor outstanding criminal charge against sponsor,
The legal validity of foreign marriage in question,
Custody of children of applicant,
Residence status of sponsor in doubt,
Delays created by applicant not following instructions,
Communications not received by applicant,
Applicant previously removed or excluded from Canada

What is a routine application? takes standard time to be processed

All forms and supporting documents were sent
More proofs of genuine relationship were sent
Sponsor has a very good recommendation from CPC-M to Visa office
CIC believes that the relationship is genuine and continuous
Passport and RPRF were sent with the initial application
Interview is waived and background checks reports return in the standard time

Each officer making a decision reviewing your file has a number of ongoing applications pending review which is why processing times can be so extensive. What many people do not know is that there is priority given to applications that involve children. Applications for permanent residence for spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children have the highest priority, along with children to be adopted. Other members of the family class come subsequently. These are operational, not regulatory priorities. This means that CIC chooses to process such applications with priority as it considers the best interest of the child.

The processing department has a goal to process 80% of sponsorship and permanent residence applications submitted on behalf of the high-priority group of spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children within 12 months.

Please remember that A routine case can also become non-routine during the process if one sentence from non-routine emerge in your file.

Nice week-end

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015 Sponsorship Approval
File Transfer...
12-05-2015 Mississauga to Ottawa
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
All apps. failed June 2015 are marked in the new processing. Although you sent yours in April if Visa Office received it in June from CPC you are part of the new processing.

Well if that is the case, I am part of the “old processing” as they have received my file In may 2015 in CPC- Ottawa... I can give you my detailed timeline here:

We received your application to sponsor _________ on April 7, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 4, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on May 12, 2015 about the decision on your application.

Permanent Residence
We received __________ application for permanent residence on April 7, 2015
We started processing Marcus ______________'s application on May 20, 2015.
Change of status from Application received to In process August 12,2015
Medical Results Received

Got that “batch” email of request for Sponsor’s residency back in September 22 I think or 21st

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CharisseyB said:
All apps. failed June 2015 are marked in the new processing. Although you sent yours in April if Visa Office received it in June from CPC you are part of the new processing.

Well if that is the case, I am part of the “old processing” as they have received my file In may 2015 in CPC- Ottawa... I can give you my detailed timeline here:

We received your application to sponsor _________ on April 7, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 4, 2015.
We sent you correspondence on May 12, 2015 about the decision on your application.

Permanent Residence
We received __________ application for permanent residence on April 7, 2015
We started processing Marcus ______________'s application on May 20, 2015.
Change of status from Application received to In process August 12,2015
Medical Results Received

Got that “batch” email of request for Sponsor’s residency back in September 22 I think or 21st
Yes you are part of the old processing however being part of the old or new is not the point. The question isn't whether you are part of the old or new but is your case a routine or non-routine? You have to screen your application by ordering GCMS. Trust me there are people in the new IN PROCESS will receive visas before some of the old IN PROCESS applicants. You know why? it will be a matter of Routine VS non-routine cases.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
i wonder if it's worth sending additional proofs such as any trips taken since application was originally filed? I am pregnant and I had sent a doctor's note. My GCMS notes doesn't indicate it was ever received.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
warzo said:
i wonder if it's worth sending additional proofs such as any trips taken since application was originally filed? I am pregnant and I had sent a doctor's note. My GCMS notes doesn't indicate it was ever received.
There is no dead line to send any documentation or pictures you feel like sending to CIC. at this time of the application just scan to them anything you want and attach a cover letter. That is what I would do. Wish the little one is born close to his dad. Congratulations anyways.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015

Beaverdiva

Aug 5, 2013
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 26/08/2015. SA 28/09/2015. In Process on eCAS - 6/10/2015
File Transfer...
29/09/2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT. Medical Results Received 14/10/15
Med's Done....
06/07/2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 09/12/2015, COPR arrived 15/1/16 deadline to land 7/7/16
LANDED..........
7-06-2016
Hi Eagle333, Firstly, thank you for everything you're doing to help people on here, you're a star! ;D

I was reading your post about routine and non-routine cases..

I'm dreading delays on our application because my husband is also sponsoring my kids from a previous relationship.

I've been separated from my ex for over 6 years.

I've included:-
-the custody agreement
-declaration from the non-accompanying parent for each of my kids (witnessed by a Notary Public).
I also got my ex to provide a copy of photographic ID and I asked the Lawyer to sign it to say it was a true likeness of him and I included copies of emails between myself and the lawyer from when I requested the appointment.

I hope the fact that I've got kids from a previous relationship doesn't slow down our process. Would you consider our case to be non-routine? We've been together 6 years, we're married and everything else is straightforward in our application ( no criminal background or health issues).

Thank you in advance