+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP/ Ontario PNP sent in Jan 2016, Lets connect Here

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
maleeksha said:
Hello Raj,
Everyday when I come to this forum, the first thing I check is whether Raj has received his nomination. Do you have any idea how you touched everyone's life? I'm sharing your HCPS post in the French stream and it's been so helpful to us all. That's really what is called a selfless act. Thanks for everything!

My question is very Un-OINP ;)
I was just wondering for all of you out there who have been waiting for so long, what was the 1 memorable/enjoyable moment you spent with your close ones since you submitted your app?

I'll understand if you are all on your nerves ant not in for a bit of philosophy!

Good luck!
I'm very humbled by your comments. Thanks for your kind words - I'm glad my work has been useful to applicants on this forum. I wish you success!

About the "Un-OINP" question,

Well, a few friends got nominated, got PPR and submitted their e-APR and they were very grateful to share their joy with me. I am equally happy for everyone who has seen some progress. It feels good when people update you with their statuses and want to share their happiness with you. People have been sharing my agony and sorrows as well - Its high time I get to share my happiness with them :) .

I wish everyone good luck and all the very best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
MZASAM said:
Rajkamal: All Members

There is literally no progress, updates, activity from OINP reported by the applicants on this forum who are just a small number of applicants.

We know sporadic NoM's reported by very few applicants ONLY from this forum.

Outside the forum there are hundreds of applicants!!! Is there any way to know if they are being nominated.

Can we write a letter directly to the Minister concerned citing the current scenario, delays, concerns.

Is it that they are just preparing a list of all applicants to be nominated and waiting for some instructions to release the NoM's

Only one gentleman AB calling randomly a very few applicants. Shall we conclude that he is going to call all applicants!!! How insensible??

Some applicants are reporting the quota for 2016 is over. How come. At least a few applicants from this forum would have got NoM's.
The letter I wrote to the Premier has already been delivered to MCIIT and I got a reply from the Minister's office. I am pasting the contents of the e-mail below.

The Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration (MCI) received your letter from Premier Kathleen Wynne regarding the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) application process. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your inquiry.

Due to changes Ontario has made to more closely align the streams of the OINP with the needs of its labour market, MCI has received a record number of applications. The OINP must ensure that every application is rigorously assessed against eligibility criteria. Such due diligence and thorough assessment are time consuming, but necessary steps to ensure the integrity of the program.

We recognize that this may cause delays and that the delays can be frustrating. We can assure you ministry officials are focusing their efforts on this issue.

Improvements to OINP application and business processes are being implemented over the coming months – including moving to online application processing for various streams, which will make it easier for clients to apply, and also speed up processing times.

Our focus at this time is to implement the new business processes and address the current inventory.

Once this work has been completed, we will be in a position to develop new benchmarks and metrics on processing times.

The OINP appreciates your patience as it works diligently to process the high-volume of applications received and as it improves its business processes to better serve clients.

Thank you for writing and we hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE.html
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp
As you can see, there is a little more detailed explanation in this e-mail than the e-mails that we get as replies to status updates but nonetheless, there is no new information. We already know this. I was expecting to see a timeline but no luck! A timeline from OINP would be awesome - November applicants will get nominated by XX, December applicants by XX and so on and so forth. It doesn't have to be very accurate - ballpark estimates would do fine too. We are doing all the guess work here - there is no clear information from OINP as to when they are planning to release these nominations!

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rajkamal:

Thanks for sharing the reply you received. The contents are reassuring for applicants. I believe processing 6000 AoR's / NoM's in a year is not such a daunting task for an institution who are in the same process for years.

OINP I am sure issued the NOI/PT based on their capacity. Some decisions seriously got derailed.

Why OINP is not proceeding and issuing the NoM's. Why they don't prioritize and expedite. We can expect some progress after 19 Sep after the new officer start working.
Commissioning new system is applicable for new applicants.

Seems they don't wish to share, commit the time frame for any activity, process. Remember they remove the 90 days AoR/NoM from the guide.
It is open ended, which is distressful. How long the applicants can wait and remain in state of uncertainty!!!

Let's remain hopeful for a positive outcome.

sxgand2

Sep 8, 2016
MZASAM said:

Why they don't have the guts to declare; that they don't need any immigrants and OINP is shut down instead of creating excruciating circumstances
for applicants.
Its for business reasons. If they explicitly declare the number of actual nominations or explicitly say the actual time taken for nomination, not many will be interested.

1. get 10,000 applications nominate 1000, they get 10,000 * 1500
2. get just 2000 applications nominate 1000, they get only 1000 * 1500

Obviously they will choose the most profitable option 1 and say "OINP is committed to process every application they received!!!"

I completely agree that there are people getting nominations and PRs and not every one can be nominated, not every applicant can be granted PR.
But the net is spread more broader than the actual number of migrants they need. I think same policy by IRCC too.

Last year, there was a statement that once paper based backlogs are cleared, there will be more ITAs per draw from September(2015).
Its already one year now and its the same song that there will be more draws from September 2016, while the actual draws are already shrunk by half, when compared to ITAs of 2015!!

I am not here to spread any negativity or trying to disturb the aura created by lot of good souls (Bestofluck, Rajkamal, i might be missing many... but am sure you guys will get your PRs and will do very good in whatever you do..), but to say that people with higher CRS(close to 500) will surely get their PRs and rest of them will just contribute their money and time towards WES(why one should order WES to send to OINP again, why OINP cannot query WES directly if they dont believe the copy send by the applicants), IELTS(in India you wont get a slot for next 2 months, all are running full), PNP..

I will be the most happiest person to be completely wrong here.

Please find my timelines:
express entry profile creation : Nov 15
OINP PT : Dec 15
App sent : 8th Jan 16
AOR : 8th July 16
Human Capitals Stream, living outside Canada.

PrettyCanada

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
The Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration (MCI) received your letter from Premier Kathleen Wynne regarding the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) application process. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your inquiry.

Due to changes Ontario has made to more closely align the streams of the OINP with the needs of its labour market, MCI has received a record number of applications. The OINP must ensure that every application is rigorously assessed against eligibility criteria. Such due diligence and thorough assessment are time consuming, but necessary steps to ensure the integrity of the program.

We recognize that this may cause delays and that the delays can be frustrating. We can assure you ministry officials are focusing their efforts on this issue.

Improvements to OINP application and business processes are being implemented over the coming months – including moving to online application processing for various streams, which will make it easier for clients to apply, and also speed up processing times.

Our focus at this time is to implement the new business processes and address the current inventory.

Once this work has been completed, we will be in a position to develop new benchmarks and metrics on processing times.

The OINP appreciates your patience as it works diligently to process the high-volume of applications received and as it improves its business processes to better serve clients.

Thank you for writing and we hope you find this information helpful.

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE.html
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/express/express-entry.asp
"MCI has received a record number of applications. The OINP must ensure that every application is rigorously assessed against eligibility criteria. Such due diligence and thorough assessment are time consuming, but necessary steps to ensure the integrity of the program."

indicates that ministry is in agreement with the delays and no plans to expedite processing for current applicants, as they want to do rigorous assessment. I think they may try to reject the applications as well, because they have received record number of applications.

PrettyCanada

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sxgand2 said:
Its for business reasons. If they explicitly declare the number of actual nominations or explicitly say the actual time taken for nomination, not many will be interested.

1. get 10,000 applications nominate 1000, they get 10,000 * 1500
2. get just 2000 applications nominate 1000, they get only 1000 * 1500

Obviously they will choose the most profitable option 1 and say "OINP is committed to process every application they received!!!"

I completely agree that there are people getting nominations and PRs and not every one can be nominated, not every applicant can be granted PR.
But the net is spread more broader than the actual number of migrants they need. I think same policy by IRCC too.

Last year, there was a statement that once paper based backlogs are cleared, there will be more ITAs per draw from September(2015).
Its already one year now and its the same song that there will be more draws from September 2016, while the actual draws are already shrunk by half, when compared to ITAs of 2015!!

I am not here to spread any negativity or trying to disturb the aura created by lot of good souls (Bestofluck, Rajkamal, i might be missing many... but am sure you guys will get your PRs and will do very good in whatever you do..), but to say that people with higher CRS(close to 500) will surely get their PRs and rest of them will just contribute their money and time towards WES(why one should order WES to send to OINP again, why OINP cannot query WES directly if they dont believe the copy send by the applicants), IELTS(in India you wont get a slot for next 2 months, all are running full), PNP..

I will be the most happiest person to be completely wrong here.

Please find my timelines:
express entry profile creation : Nov 15
OINP PT : Dec 15
App sent : 8th Jan 16
AOR : 8th July 16
Human Capitals Stream, living outside Canada.
Ya, they have collected funds. People are spending more on WES, IELTS, visitor visas etc. and they are making money, and enjoying the monopoly. No commitment, no transparency and no accountability. On top of that they attract more candidates saying they need more immigrants, and CRS score will go down in coming time. So there are many people lined up for IELTS, PT notification, WES etc..

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sxgand2: PrettyCanada: Both of you nicely summarized the events, practices.

We all are educated, and experienced professionals and we truly understand the unethical practices exercised by institutions, enterprises and corp orates world over. Yes, it's sheer branding, marketing gimmick and money game. But let no one undermine, under estimate our intelligence. We know the facts, figures, rhetoric's, etc

Each one of us at some point of time, have faced unethical decisions, practices. We are facing one more during our journey.

Well, these unethical practices provide short term gains. We have in recent past seen the world's leading top companies lost the credibility, and suffered losses to the the tune of billion of dollars. They were named, shamed on social media, print media etc. Their decades of credibility, reputation is lost for ever for a single wrong decision.

There are several immigration opportunities through out the world.
One single country should not boast themselves and take the applicants for granted and ruin the hopes.

Without naming any specific organization, we are fully aware of the unethical tie ups of different institutions to generate revenue.

Let's all do our best to express our concerns, grievances against the unethical practices.

tinaw2009

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi,

Would you please share your experience or help with advice ? Thanks. here is our situation,

My spouse's open work permit will be expired February 2017. He's got AOR in earlier of August. I learned that we need to get BOWP till we got confirmation for PR conclusion. While we don't know how long it takes for BOWP application, and I heard from our agent company that they couldn't help us on BOWP until we got drawn from ITA, which means we need to get nomination from PNP for 600 points, enter ITA and got drawn with file number. Is it the precondition for BOWP ? or if we can use AOR file number for BOWP application ?

As there is only less than 5 months before WP expired, do you think we should send mail to OINP office to request prioritization ? if so, how could I draw their attention from mail subject as well as content ?

It will be very appreciated if someone sharing with us with similar experience, and if you know about detail of policy we could refer to !

I am quite worried that we may end with the situation that we need go back to home country due to slow process. it will be very troublesome, as my spouse may lost job here.

Thanks
Tina

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinaw2009: Hang on; Some seniors, applicants with similar circumstances will guide you..

carbonchemist

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
01-11-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
I've been in Canada for a while and have a friend with a government job in Ontario. Basically, she said the job is well paid (even entry levels) and undemanding. Monday mornings are for coffee and talk about the weekends, while Fridays end at noon. Lunch can be 2 hours and everyone takes 30 mins after that to get back ready for work. Shopping during lunch time is not uncommon among government officers if their workplace is close to a shopping mall. ;D I hope this is not true 8)

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carbonchemist said:
I've been in Canada for a while and have a friend with a government job in Ontario. Basically, she said the job is well paid (even entry levels) and undemanding. Monday mornings are for coffee and talk about the weekends, while Fridays end at noon. Lunch can be 2 hours and everyone takes 30 mins after that to get back ready for work. Shopping during lunch time is not uncommon among government officers if their workplace is close to a shopping mall. ;D I hope this is not true 8)
Friend : Even if it's true, let's condemn them. How unethical, immoral; They are being paid and it's their duty to work for the organization.

carbonchemist

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
Doc's Request.
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Med's Done....
01-11-2016
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2017
lol maybe all CEC applicants in ontario should show up at once at their office in Toronto to express our disappointment/frustration and pressure them to expedite the processing.

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinaw2009 said:
Hi, MZASAM

Thanks for easing my nervousness.

Tina
Rajkamal, Stanlee, Bestofluck, Digital destiny, Piyush, other seniors, CEC applicants will come forward to guide you. Keep visiting this thread.