+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - IELTS expired before submitting application

srab kaur

May 12, 2023
T
Hi folks. After long time. And now as a Resident replying here. Thanks to the almighty Allah for making it all work in the end for me. Application rejected, new EE Profile, OINP transferred nomination to new EE Profile, then old application got reopened, and approved :)
So @srab kaur . See, you have almost 5 months left before your current IELTS expires. Be relaxed.

You have;
  • 45 days to submit your OINP application
  • Then it will take at least next 30-45 days before they issue you a Nomination Certificate. (For 16/02/2021 OINP Tech Draw, they took almost 55-80 days)
  • Then you will accept the nomination the same day to get 600 points.
  • Then you will wait for ITA
  • Then you will have 60 days to submit your EE Immigration file with so many more documents than OINP

So, long story short, you are kinda safe. You have OINP nomination with 8777, okay cool. Submit your OINP application. Once you submit, you IELTS expires, you only need to score above their minimum limit which is o guess 6666, you don't need to retain the same score yet you should also need to score above the minimum requirement band for OINP. But again by the time your IELTS expires you will already have their Nomination Certificate. So relax.

Due to strikes and all, processing might be slow. But just be sure to expedite your OINP submission process.

Now EE: once you have ITA, and you submit your application with whatever IELTS, that gets locked! Now you don't even need to give another IELTS at all again while waiting for your Passport Request.

Hope I answered your questions. Feel free to ask more.
Thnku so muchhh nd congratulations ....... i want to know to get nomination from Ontario after NOI it's mandatory to maintain 8777 score or if after submission our ielts exprie within these 45 days , we can go with clb 7

srab kaur

May 12, 2023
T

Thnku so muchhh nd congratulations ....... i want to know to get nomination from Ontario after NOI it's mandatory to maintain 8777 score or if after submission our ielts exprie within these 45 days , we can go with clb 7
I m from health care profession , registered nurse in india

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
As I mentioned in my first response.. once you submit your application to OINP, then your IELTS expires then you only need to score above their minimum score bands

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hiiii could you reply me plssssss humble request i m really worried.. .. i got notification of interest from Ontario under hcp on 8 may 2023 , i got 8777 and my crs is 451 now .. actually i want to know that I have to maintain this score with 8777 till nomination or for the entire process .. or if withing 45 days i submit my application after NOI .. my ielts score 8777 would not matter . Nd i can proceed my file with clb 7 plsss do reply
Hi,

Maintaining the same CRS and IELTS score isn't a compulsion. The only major requirement is to remain eligible by meeting the minimum eligibility criteria. For both OINP and EE, CLB7 (6 each) is the least required threshold. So, anything above that is good enough.

srab kaur

May 12, 2023
Hi,

Maintaining the same CRS and IELTS score isn't a compulsion. The only major requirement is to remain eligible by meeting the minimum eligibility criteria. For both OINP and EE, CLB7 (6 each) is the least required threshold. So, anything above that is good enough.
Thnku so much .. it's such a great relief for me ..... Again thnku .. i was too worried abt it

MadmaxR

Dec 31, 2020
Hi folks. After long time. And now as a Resident replying here. Thanks to the almighty Allah for making it all work in the end for me. Application rejected, new EE Profile, OINP transferred nomination to new EE Profile, then old application got reopened, and approved :)
So @srab kaur . See, you have almost 5 months left before your current IELTS expires. Be relaxed.

You have;
  • 45 days to submit your OINP application
  • Then it will take at least next 30-45 days before they issue you a Nomination Certificate. (For 16/02/2021 OINP Tech Draw, they took almost 55-80 days)
  • Then you will accept the nomination the same day to get 600 points.
  • Then you will wait for ITA
  • Then you will have 60 days to submit your EE Immigration file with so many more documents than OINP

So, long story short, you are kinda safe. You have OINP nomination with 8777, okay cool. Submit your OINP application. Once you submit, you IELTS expires, you only need to score above their minimum limit which is o guess 6666, you don't need to retain the same score yet you should also need to score above the minimum requirement band for OINP. But again by the time your IELTS expires you will already have their Nomination Certificate. So relax.

Due to strikes and all, processing might be slow. But just be sure to expedite your OINP submission process.

Now EE: once you have ITA, and you submit your application with whatever IELTS, that gets locked! Now you don't even need to give another IELTS at all again while waiting for your Passport Request.

Hope I answered your questions. Feel free to ask more.
Hi @m_faisal.Congratulations on your PR.

I find myself somewhat in a similar situation for SINP.

I received SINP Invite on May3rd and my IELTS is going to expire on 4th June.
I wont be able to submit my Application before 4th june since i dont have all documents in place yet.

If my IELTS expires on 4th June and i retake my IELTS after that and then submit my SINP Application with new Test Results .Will it be considered valid.?

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hi @m_faisal.Congratulations on your PR.

I find myself somewhat in a similar situation for SINP.

I received SINP Invite on May3rd and my IELTS is going to expire on 4th June.
I wont be able to submit my Application before 4th june since i dont have all documents in place yet.

If my IELTS expires on 4th June and i retake my IELTS after that and then submit my SINP Application with new Test Results .Will it be considered valid.?
Congratulations on receiving the invite.
Kindly don't wair for it to get expired. Appear asap, as its result will take 2,3 business days to be announced.

You just need to score more than the minimum bands of 6,6,6,6 to stay eligible. (This is the rule for OINP) please write an email to SINP and get it confirmed that they also have the similar requirements. You don't need to match your previous IELTS bands just score above the minimum bands requirements.

Reactions: MadmaxR

MadmaxR

Dec 31, 2020
Kindly don't wair for it to get expired. Appear asap, as its result will take 2,3 business days to be announced.

You just need to score more than the minimum bands of 6,6,6,6 to stay eligible. (This is the rule for OINP) please write an email to SINP and get it confirmed that they also have the similar requirements. You don't need to match your previous IELTS bands just score above the minimum bands requirements.
Thanks for the prompt reply.I have booked IELTS Exam on coming Sunday.Hopefully should get back the results before 4th June.Also have sent mail to SINP regrading this ,waiting for their reply.

srab kaur

May 12, 2023
Thanks for the prompt reply.I have booked IELTS Exam on coming Sunday.Hopefully should get back the results before 4th June.Also have sent mail to SINP regrading this ,waiting for their reply.

Sorry to bother you again but I have one doubt , pls CLR it if you can, will really appreciate you , my crs score is 451 with clb 9 , bt if it expires and again' i get oy clb 8, then my crs would be around 380a . I have read somewhere that we must have to maintain our crs 400 or above during the nomination and at federal level also . It mean after nomination my score would be 600+388 ... 988 , or without counting the points of
K nomination , my score should be 400 pls do reply

mrinalbh

Apr 19, 2018
Florida
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai
NOC Code......
Hello all!
Quick question, I was told that OINP considers result date for Ielts and not test given date, is that right?

mrinalbh

Apr 19, 2018
Florida
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai
NOC Code......
No it is always from the test date, all processing whether IRCC or OINP - is done from the test date.
So suppose I took my test on 24th April 2021
Got results on 7th May 2021
And got my NOI on 6th May 2023,
This means it’s an ineligible invite and I should withdraw?

ravikumar390

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Hi @m_faisal, Firstly I would like to thank you for answering questions and helping people.

I got my OINP NOI today(Aug 15, 2023) with my old IELTS score which is going to expire on 27th of this month(August). My current CRS score for which I got NOI is 488. However, I already took another IELTS test a couple of months back and my score was less than the previous IELTS but I have CLB7 in all. With the new IELTS score my CRS score would be 474.

I still didn't get a reference letter from one of my Indian companies and I think it would take more than 15 days and by that time my old IELTS score will be expired.
1. Can I update my new IELTS score after expiry of my old one and submit the documents?
2. How can I find the stream that they have invited me to? I am not able to find in my NOI.
3. I forgot to add my previous 4 months of Canadian experience to the profile. Is it okay if I edit my profile to add the previous 4 months of Canadian experience?

Thanks.

Last edited: