+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - IELTS expired before submitting application

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hi folks, I received my IELTS score today, and overall CR is now down to 411.
I have booked another IELTS this Friday and Saturday. Should I go ahead and use this IELTS to keep my EE profile valid, and submit OINP profile as well. Then, and hopefully, when I will receive good marks in the upcoming IELTS and keep the score above 454 (452-463) was the range when TEch Draw was announced. Please guide.

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Hey mate, I got my result. Thanks for your wishes, but I botched it, I got 6.5 in IELTS and it brought the overall score to 411!!
Since your previous IELTS results got expired already, you should submit your OINP application ASAP with whatever scores you have. Please submit your application with both your expired IELTS (mentioning in a letter of explanation that it was valid while you got NOI) and your new IELTS score card. Explain that you had got NOI when your previous IELTS was valid and this result should be also valid if every score is above CLB 7.

Reactions: mrsamcan

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Since your previous IELTS results got expired already, you should submit your OINP application ASAP with whatever scores you have. Please submit your application with both your expired IELTS (mentioning in a letter of explanation that it was valid while you got NOI) and your new IELTS score card. Explain that you had got NOI when your previous IELTS was valid and this result should be also valid if every score is above CLB 7.

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hey, thank you for your quick response.
As I mentioned in the other reply that I botched writing section and got 6.5!! If it were 7 only, I would be so glad waiting for the TRF.
Well, I don't have TRF with me now, so it means I need to wait for it, right?

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Hey, thank you for your quick response.
As I mentioned in the other reply that I botched the writing section and got 6.5!! If it were 7 only, I would be so glad to wait for the TRF.
Well, I don't have TRF with me now, so it means I need to wait for it, right?
Yes, TRF will come in a day or two. When it comes, my advice is just to explain your situation to OINP and submit all documents and complete your application. (both old IELTS, new IELTS you can attach). Since time is less, anything can happen in next week as more applications will be submitted and the webpage may also have some issues, don't take chances.

Reactions: mrsamcan

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Yes, TRF will come in a day or two. When it comes, my advice is just to explain your situation to OINP and submit all documents and complete your application. (both old IELTS, new IELTS you can attach). Since time is less, anything can happen in next week as more applications will be submitted and the webpage may also have some issues, don't take chances.
Yes, you're correct. I'm also anxious now regarding this situation.
I have everything prepared and attached in my application except;
TRF and the latest bank statements (which I got for the month of Dec, Jan, Feb and attached it) now I'll visit the bank in person to get the latest one issued the same day I'll receive the salary.

Plesse help;
1- I should rename IELTS trfs with old and new like that or upload both with name IELTS TRF-I IELTS TRF-II and in comments I can write new and old.
2- How to include the Letter of Explanation in the OINP application? Additional document section on the same page? Naming the document as "Letter of Explanation - IELTS Results"

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hey mate, I got my result. Thanks for your wishes, but I botched it, I got 6.5 in writing and it brought the overall score to 411!!
You still have scored above CLB 7 which is OINP requirement. So go ahead and submit OINP application. And appear again for IELTS to make it CLB 9. You have at least a month.

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
TRF and the latest bank statements (which I got for the month of Dec, Jan, Feb and attached it) now I'll visit the bank in person to get the latest one issued the same day I'll receive the salary.

Plesse help;
1- I should rename IELTS trfs with old and new like that or upload both with name IELTS TRF-I IELTS TRF-II and in comments I can write new and old.
2- How to include the Letter of Explanation in the OINP application? Additional document section on the same page? Naming the document as "Letter of Explanation - IELTS Results"
One LOE for entire application. There is a youtube channel potato talkies. They have very well explained LOE format. Sorry can't paste youtube here as it is against forum policy.

Focus more on informing that you have reappearedfor IELTS and scored above CLB 7 which is OINP requirement.

Then work on IELTS again to score CLB 9. In parallel, I also recommend applying for reval for IELTS. It sometime increase score by 0.5 Happened with me twice.

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016

Plesse help;
Please attach both TRFs in the name of IELTS-Valid-During-NOI , IELTS-Latest-Results-2021 and in Letter of explanation, clearly explain your case.

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Please attach both TRFs in the name of IELTS-Valid-During-NOI , IELTS-Latest-Results-2021 and in Letter of explanation, clearly explain your case.
Thank you sussie. I will be receiving my TRF this Saturday and hopefully I'll submit my application on 28/29th. It is still under 45 days. So, won't be an issue, right?

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Thank you sussie. I will be receiving my TRF this Saturday and hopefully I'll submit my application on 28/29th. It is still under 45 days. So, won't be an issue, right?
Yes , by that time make other documents ready and upload it to OINP portal and save it. So that once, TRF comes you can upload immediately and submit.

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hello Bro,

I got my NOI for OINP - Human Capital Priorities Tech Draw on Feb 16, 2021. I submitted my application today March 19, 2021. CRS score : 460
NOC: 2147.

I have provided all the documents as per the requirements. However, I also have a problem like you with IELTS expiration which is due on March 23, 2021. Though My IELTS is valid on NOI date and OINP Application submission date, it is going to expire just 4 days after OINP application submission and payment.

I have taken an exam on March 14 (results announced today March 19), but unfortunately I could not get my past score of CLB 9 in Writing which missed by 0.5 and it reduced to CLB 8, other sections are Listening - CLB 10, Reading - CLB 10 and Speaking - CLB 9 (all are same as previous IELTS result) , if i have to update this result now to keep my Express Entry profile active then score drops significantly to 403.

I have submitted an Letter of Explanation today , mentioning I have my IELTs valid till date for OINP and I will update my EE profile once new IELTS is done to keep my EE profile active. (did not mention about the today's result which I have now).

As per OINP at the time of submission of application, IELTS should not be more than 2 years old which is met in my case.

You could have submitted before March 3rd in your case. However, now also you can take a computer based test and score whatever scores you can , and write a Letter of explanation stating your score on NOI date was valid and inform that application submission got delayed as documents collection was slow due to most people working from home. Mention, IELTS results which you get after the previous IELTS expiry, state your new express entry profile number incase your old profile became ineligible. Submit OINP application then. If you get same scores, it will be great, else before they process , you can submit another result.

All the best
Hi there, I got my TRF today.
I have named both TRFs as follows;

[EE-Profile#]_IELTS_TRF_Valid_At_The_Time_Of_NOI.pdf
[EE-Profile#]_IELTS_TRF_Latest_2021.pdf

Also, I went through the video of Potato Talkie on youtube and wrote LOE highlighting that "I have gained more than CLB8 which is the requirement of OINP, though in order to maintain my 458 I appeared in the IELTS but could not get the desired results, unfortunately. However, I have taken the test again on 27th March, and will send the TRF of the new one to OINP as soon as I will receive the TRF."

Anything else I need to look into?

Also, please tell can I go ahead and use this IELTS to update my EE profile, the score will come down to 411 though! My previous result was announced on 21/04/19 so EE profile can use that till 20th April, right? Or is it okay to use the new one in EE profile as well while waiting for the new results? I appeared today in IELTS though.

Last edited:

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
One LOE for entire application. There is a youtube channel potato talkies. They have very well explained LOE format. Sorry can't paste youtube here as it is against forum policy.

Focus more on informing that you have reappearedfor IELTS and scored above CLB 7 which is OINP requirement.

Then work on IELTS again to score CLB 9. In parallel, I also recommend applying for reval for IELTS. It sometime increase score by 0.5 Happened with me twice.
Hi, can you please answer my latest queries. I have replied to @sussie54 in one of their comment which should be just above this one.

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hi there, I got my TRF today.
I have named both TRFs as follows;

[EE-Profile#]_IELTS_TRF_Valid_At_The_Time_Of_NOI.pdf
[EE-Profile#]_IELTS_TRF_Latest_2021.pdf

Also, I went through the video of Potato Talkie on youtube and wrote LOE highlighting that "I have gained more than CLB8 which is the requirement of OINP, though in order to maintain my 458 I appeared in the IELTS but could not get the desired results, unfortunately. However, I have taken the test again on 27th March, and will send the TRF of the new one to OINP as soon as I will receive the TRF."

Anything else I need to look into?

Also, please tell can I go ahead and use this IELTS to update my EE profile, the score will come down to 411 though! My previous result was announced on 21/04/19 so EE profile can use that till 20th April, right? Or is it okay to use the new one in EE profile as well while waiting for the new results? I appeared today in IELTS though.
I believe it is important to highlight you are still have eligible score for OINP (CLB 7). I would write like below

When I received NOI on 16-Feb-2021, my IELTS score with TRF number <> was valid until and my CRS score was 458. As the document checklist on OINP website says that we need valid IELTS before submitting application, I wrote IELTS again on <DATE> and scored above CLB 7 in all 4 modules. I have uploaded my new TRF with TRF number <>. I am updating same on my Express Entry profile as well. This updation recalculates my CRS score to 411, however in OINP application I have mentioned CRS score as 458 that I had when NOI was received. Hope I was able to clarify the situation. Please let me know if any additional information required.

I searched a lot and not able to find similar situation as yours. Also, do not have time to wait for Ontario response.