+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - IELTS expired before submitting application

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Hi, can you please answer my latest queries. I have replied to @sussie54 in one of their comment which should be just above this one.
Hi,

Yes you have to mention both TRF numbers and explain your score is 458 as per noi date and recalculated score after new IELTs is 411, but all scores are above clb 7 as per oinp.

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
You have to as valid EE profile is required.
Hi there, I updated my EE profile with the latest IETLS and the score is now 411.

I also completed the LoE. Please go over it and let me know;

LETTER OF EXPLANATION

I would like to accentuate two things regarding the documents that I am submitting:

Primary Applicant – Muhammad Faisal Hyder

• IELTS I received NOI from Ontario on Feb 16th, 2021. At the time, my IELTS score with TRF number “xxx” was valid until Mar 03rd, 2021, and my CRS score was 458. I faced huge delays while collecting the documents. Therefore, I could not submit the application earlier and my IELTS expired in the midst of this process. As the document checklist on the OINP website says that the language test must have been taken within two years from the date of submitting the application. Therefore, I appeared for IELTS on Mar 20th, 2021, and scored CLB 10 in three of the four modules, while CLB 8 in one of them. All are above the required level of CLB 7 as per the OINP requirement. I have uploaded my new TRF bearing TRF number “xxx”. I have updated the same on my Express Entry profile and after recalculation, my CRS score is updated to 411. However, in the OINP application, I have mentioned the CRS score of 458 that I had when the NOI was received. Hence, in order to retain the same score, I have retaken IELTS once again on Mar 27th and as of March 29th, I am waiting for the result. I hope, I was able to clarify the situation. Please let me know if any additional information is required.
  • Work History I was not given the salary of the last month of my service for my first Job at Avanza Solutions (Pvt) Ltd, as I only served the notice period of one month instead of the required two months. Therefore, the paycheck for that month was withheld. The same is reflected as Notice Deduction in the attached document uploaded under the category of Pay Slip, named “E002119342_Job1-PaySlip2”.
@sussie54 @mrsamcan

Last edited:

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hi there, I updated my EE profile with the latest IETLS and the score is now 411.

LETTER OF EXPLANATION

I would like to accentuate two things regarding the documents that I am submitting:

• IELTS I received NOI from Ontario on Feb 16th, 2021. At the time, my IELTS score with TRF number “xxx” was valid until Mar 03rd, 2021, and my CRS score was 458. I faced huge delays while collecting the documents. Therefore, I could not submit the application earlier and my IELTS expired in the midst of this process. As the document checklist on the OINP website says that the language test must have been taken within two years from the date of submitting the application. Therefore, I appeared for IELTS on Mar 20th, 2021, and scored CLB 10 in three of the four modules, while CLB 8 in one of them. All are above the required level of CLB 7 as per the OINP requirement. I have uploaded my new TRF bearing TRF number “xxx”. I have updated the same on my Express Entry profile and after recalculation, my CRS score is updated to 411. However, in the OINP application, I have mentioned the CRS score of 458 that I had when the NOI was received. Hence, in order to retain the same score, I have retaken IELTS once again on Mar 27th and as of March 29th, I am waiting for the result. I hope, I was able to clarify the situation. Please let me know if any additional information is required.
  • Work History I was not given the salary of the last month of my service for my first Job at Avanza Solutions (Pvt) Ltd, as I only served the notice period of one month instead of the required two months. Therefore, the paycheck for that month was withheld. The same is reflected as Notice Deduction in the attached document uploaded under the category of Pay Slip, named “E002119342_Job1-PaySlip2”.
@sussie54 @mrsamcan
Sounds good for me. good luck with application

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016

LETTER OF EXPLANATION

@sussie54 @mrsamcan
Yes good

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Hi there, I got my TRF today.
I have named both TRFs as follows;

[EE-Profile#]_IELTS_TRF_Valid_At_The_Time_Of_NOI.pdf
[EE-Profile#]_IELTS_TRF_Latest_2021.pdf

Also, I went through the video of Potato Talkie on youtube and wrote LOE highlighting that "I have gained more than CLB8 which is the requirement of OINP, though in order to maintain my 458 I appeared in the IELTS but could not get the desired results, unfortunately. However, I have taken the test again on 27th March, and will send the TRF of the new one to OINP as soon as I will receive the TRF."

Anything else I need to look into?

Also, please tell can I go ahead and use this IELTS to update my EE profile, the score will come down to 411 though! My previous result was announced on 21/04/19 so EE profile can use that till 20th April, right? Or is it okay to use the new one in EE profile as well while waiting for the new results? I appeared today in IELTS though.
Hi bro,

Got my new IELTS results today, I am happy and relieved as I got CLB 10 in all and improved my score not only back to 460 but higher than that to 466.
You can also aim for another IELTS soon as you have time till they pick your submitted application.

Thanks

Reactions: m_faisal

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hi bro,

Got my new IELTS results today, I am happy and relieved as I got CLB 10 in all and improved my score not only back to 460 but higher than that to 466.
You can also aim for another IELTS soon as you have time till they pick your submitted application.

Thanks
Woah! That's so nice to hear buddy :)

neeraj.u.sharma54

Nov 9, 2020
Hey Guys, I have a quick question on the same lines. Actually I am somewhat in a same boat. I am claiming IELTS points for my Spouse but just after getting NOI my wife's IELTS got expired. She was having 7777 in her Old IELTS and I was having score as 454. Now she has retaken IELTS but she was unable to replicate the same score and her new score is L-8.5 R-6.5 S-7.5 W-6.5, and my overall crs score dropped to 447 -> 5 points of my age - reduced on 24th Feb and 2 points for the IELTS score reduced for my Spouse. Could you please guide me on what can I do in this case?

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hey Guys, I have a quick question on the same lines. Actually I am somewhat in a same boat. I am claiming IELTS points for my Spouse but just after getting NOI my wife's IELTS got expired. She was having 7777 in her Old IELTS and I was having score as 454. Now she has retaken IELTS but she was unable to replicate the same score and her new score is L-8.5 R-6.5 S-7.5 W-6.5, and my overall crs score dropped to 447 -> 5 points of my age - reduced on 24th Feb and 2 points for the IELTS score reduced for my Spouse. Could you please guide me on what can I do in this case?
Hi there,
First of all, tell us that,
  • have you submitted your application?
  • has your wife taken IELTS again? If not, then please ask her to retake it as soon as possible to achieve the maximum
  • If you have not submitted then you have only 2 days left from now. The deadline is 1st April.
What you need to do now;
  • if not submitted your application yet, act fast do it with whatever current valid documents you have for yourself and your wife.
  • write and attach an LOE like mine in your application highlighting your scenario.
  • you lost 5 points because of age now your score is 449 (I am considering your wife retakes IETLS and scores CLB 7 across each module) you are not going to get this back and for OINP to process it is fine as at the time of NOI was issued you were getting max points for your age. For ITA, it is different, they will ask to keep your profile score the same or at least above the cutoff score.
  • Since the NOI cutoff range was 453-463: now, your wife has to target this IELTS score (this is the IELTS band, not CLB). L: 8.0 | R: 7.0 - 7.5 | W: 7.0 | S: 7.0 ) so that you can get to make up the loss of 5 points because of your age.
  • Besides, you will have to get this IELTS score (L: 8.5 | R: 8.0 | W: 7.5 | S: 7.5) <- this is CLB 10 in each module.
Ways you can make up the loss of 5 points;
  • Getting the highest IELTS score is the only option for you both to retain your score.
  • Other than the language test, I don't think there is any other way you can increase your score and get back your profile to 453+.
  • Job(3+ years experience - I am sure you must have more than that).
  • Master's Degree (It will take a considerable amount of time to be able to use its point even If you have just received your degree as in ECA will take at least 2-3 months via WES and 4~5 months via ICES)
  • Any relative in Ontario like your immediate family members or in-law brother/sister?
  • Any arranged Job offer in Ontario? (highly unlikely as hiring from the international pool is almost stagnant nowadays)

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
@sussie54 @mrsamcan
Hi, I received my results :( and again I could not make it.
9.0 8.5 7.0 7.0 -> this will make my score 452! Cut off was 453 - 463 :(

What would be the best thing to do in this regard?

I have applied for the EOR already. Should I go ahead and write them an LoE stating that I did receive my results but I have applied for the EOR. And I am waiting for it.
Meanwhile, I will retake the test?

Last edited:

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
@sussie54 @mrsamcan
Hi, I received my results :( and again I could not make it.
9.0 8.5 7.0 7.0 -> this will make my score 452! Cut off was 453 - 463 :(

What would be the best thing to do in this regard?

I have applied for the EOR already. Should I go ahead and write them an LoE stating that I did receive my results but I have applied for the EOR. And I am waiting for it.
Meanwhile, I will retake the test?
Hi,

It's a good score, Ideally, the OINP requirement is CLB 7 for all modules. Since you submitted the application after the IELTS expiry, they will just ask new IELTS I believe. You got NOI when your score was 453 or above, the situation changed due to IELTS Expiry, but you wrote again and scored as per OINP requirement of CLB 7, so it's better you submit this result to OINP and state you have written your IELTS and what is your new CRS score and mention your EE profile is maintained active. That should be enough I believe, no need to write again

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hi,

It's a good score, Ideally, the OINP requirement is CLB 7 for all modules. Since you submitted the application after the IELTS expiry, they will just ask new IELTS I believe. You got NOI when your score was 453 or above, the situation changed due to IELTS Expiry, but you wrote again and scored as per OINP requirement of CLB 7, so it's better you submit this result to OINP and state you have written your IELTS and what is your new CRS score and mention your EE profile is maintained active. That should be enough I believe, no need to write again
For OINP it is fine but since I have already applied for EOR I won't have the TRF as EOR will take some time and even if I receive the TRF I can't use it as it is forbidden by BC, I suppose, that during EOR previous TRF must be submitted back at the test Centre.

Secondly, my score based on latest ielts is 452. And NOI was received for 453-463. So in order to maintain score for ITA, is it required to retake ielts?

EDIT: I submitted the application with valid IELTS that I took on Mar 20th, 2021. Using that IELTS my CRS was 411, using the one I took on 27th Mar is 452.
I am planning to write them an LOE highlighting the fact that I took another IELTS (same I mentioned in the LOE when I was submitting the application), but could not get the desired results. However, I have applied for EOR and I will update OINP accordingly once EOR results will come. Meanwhile, I will retake IELTS around10 or 17th of April, by that time, I will, hopefully, have EOR results in my hands and probably TRF as well. If not, then I will take IELTS like my life is depending upon it while waiting for EOR and new test's result as well. Which ever is better I will submit its TRF to OINP in another LOE.

@sussie54 @mrsamcan

Last edited:

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hi guys @sussie54 and @mrsamcan I wrote this email to "Ontario Nominee (MLTSD)" <ontarionominee@ontario.ca>;

Hi team,

I am writing to inform you about the situation regarding my language proficiency test.

To elaborate more, I received NOI on 16th Feb 2021 when my Express Entry profile's (E00XXXXXX) score was 458. However, due to a number of reasons I was unable to submit the application until 30th March, and IELTS getting expired was one of them. Nevertheless, I took the IELTS on Mar 20th, and with its result, I submitted the application. Since the CRS score was 411 at the time of submitting the application, I retook the IELTS on 27th Mar and received its online result yesterday i.e. 31st Mar. Even though my CRS score would become 452 using this result, and each module is CLB 9 and above, which is more than the required CLB 7 by the OINP, still I was not satisfied with it and applied for the EOR right away. Consequently, I will have to wait for up to 3 weeks in order to get the results. I will update you accordingly.

Please find the attached emails. One I sent to initiate the EOR and the second is its confirmation with the payment receipt from the British Council (UAE).

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

The application file number is: XXXX-2XXXXX
Full Name: Muhammad Faisal Hyder
Email: email@gmail.com
Contact #: +RRR SS EEE XXXX

Please tell me, now I have my CRS score raised to 452 which is still less than the 453-463 cut-off range. I have applied for EOR, but do I need to keep it between 453 to 463 for OINP?

My IELTS expired on 3rd March, I took the new test on 20th March, my CRS became 411. I submitted the application to OINP using this result.
I resat in the IELTS on 27th March, got results(online) on 31st March. I applied for EOR on the same day.
Today, 1st April, I wrote the aforementioned email to them. Please guide! do I need to keep my profile's score between 453-463?
If not then, once OINP processes the application and, hopefully, I will receive the nomination, and before submitting the ITA application, will I need to maintain 458? or 452+600 will be fine?

Please guide.

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Hi guys @sussie54 and @mrsamcan I wrote this email to "Ontario Nominee (MLTSD)" <ontarionominee@ontario.ca>;

Hi team,

I am writing to inform you about the situation regarding my language proficiency test.

To elaborate more, I received NOI on 16th Feb 2021 when my Express Entry profile's (E00XXXXXX) score was 458. However, due to a number of reasons I was unable to submit the application until 30th March, and IELTS getting expired was one of them. Nevertheless, I took the IELTS on Mar 20th, and with its result, I submitted the application. Since the CRS score was 411 at the time of submitting the application, I retook the IELTS on 27th Mar and received its online result yesterday i.e. 31st Mar. Even though my CRS score would become 452 using this result, and each module is CLB 9 and above, which is more than the required CLB 7 by the OINP, still I was not satisfied with it and applied for the EOR right away. Consequently, I will have to wait for up to 3 weeks in order to get the results. I will update you accordingly.

Please find the attached emails. One I sent to initiate the EOR and the second is its confirmation with the payment receipt from the British Council (UAE).

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

The application file number is: XXXX-2XXXXX
Full Name: Muhammad Faisal Hyder
Email: email@gmail.com
Contact #: +RRR SS EEE XXXX

Please tell me, now I have my CRS score raised to 452 which is still less than the 453-463 cut-off range. I have applied for EOR, but do I need to keep it between 453 to 463 for OINP?

My IELTS expired on 3rd March, I took the new test on 20th March, my CRS became 411. I submitted the application to OINP using this result.
I resat in the IELTS on 27th March, got results(online) on 31st March. I applied for EOR on the same day.
Today, 1st April, I wrote the aforementioned email to them. Please guide! do I need to keep my profile's score between 453-463?
If not then, once OINP processes the application and, hopefully, I will receive the nomination, and before submitting the ITA application, will I need to maintain 458? or 452+600 will be fine?

Please guide.
Hi,

There is no obligation to keep your scores the same as when you received NOI. IELTS should be valid during your submission for OINP with CLB 7 or more. Even though you have dropped your score, You just write to them that "while I received NOI, my IELTS was valid but it expired in few days after NOI, so the new IELTS results are submitted as part of the application which is above CLB 7 as per OINP requirements. After submission of the OINP application, I wanted to improve my IELTS score again, which is the new IELTS results attached (New CRS Score: 452), I am re-evaluating these scores as I expect the scores should be higher, however, as per OINP requirements, my scores are CLB 7 and above."

Thanks