+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - IELTS expired before submitting application

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hi @sussie54 and @mrsamcan I received my EOR email today, and sadly my money is wasted i.e. Result is the same.
I am replying to OINP on the same email loop where they acknowledged my Letter of Explanation that I have submitted an EOR;

Hi Team,

I am writing to inform you about the previously mentioned language test score that was sent for the EOR.

To elaborate more, I received its result today from the British Council and the scores are unchanged.

Please find the attached TRF of the latest IELTS result that I took on March 27th, and the EOR letter as well.
However, each module has a score of CLB 9 or above which is more than the required CLB7 of the OINP.

Should you require any further documents from my side, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Kindly tell If I need to add something in it or not.

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
The email we wrote to them; some corrections I could not make
  • the range was 453-467
  • our point was 411
Sent:
April 1, 2021 6:01 AM
To: Ontario Nominee (MLTSD) <ontarionominee@ontario.ca>
Subject: OINP Profile Submission after NOI - IELTS Issue

CAUTION -- EXTERNAL E-MAIL - Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender.

Dear team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to inquire about the following issue. In brief, I have submitted my documents for OINP profile, but my EE score is now 452. However, the NOI was issued for 453-463. Is this acceptable? Please go through my query in detail described below.

I received NOI from Ontario on 16th February, 2021, when my EE score was 458. At the time of receiving NOI, my IELTS was valid, but it expired while document collection on 2nd March. Thus I attempted IELTS on 20th March and received CLB 7 above in all modules. This caused my EE score to fall down to 414. I submitted my OINP application with this score on 30th March along with an LOE stating that I will reattempt IELTS to bring up my EE score again.

Therefore, I reattempted IELTS on 27th March and scored CLB 9 above in all modules (I received online results on 31st March). With this result my EE score has jumped to 452 now. However, the OINP NOI issued was from 453-463 EE score.
Please also note that I have applied for EOR and have informed OINP with another LOE that I am waiting for updated TRF to receive in the span of three weeks.

Now I want to inquire if this case is acceptable by OINP? I will submit my TRF by 20-21st April. But if my EE score would remain 452, then will my application be catered by OINP? Since the OINP NOI was for EE score 453-463. In case if I need to maintain my EE score between 453-463 then I will attempt IELTS again for the third time. But I need to know from OINP about further steps to follow.

Kindly advise.

Best Regards,

Their Response;
From: Ontario Nominee (MLTSD) <ontarionominee@ontario.ca>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021, 8:02 pm
Subject: RE: OINP Profile Submission after NOI - IELTS Issue
To:

Hello,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

Under the Human Capital Priorities stream, applicants must must be able to understand, read, write and speak either English or French at a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 or higher.

Your eligibility to apply to the OINP will not be affected if your CRS score changes.

Thank you for your interest in the OINP.

Sincerely,

I hope this thread will act as a reference for many many to come, though I seriously hope that no one else has to go through this which I went. :p

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
The email we wrote to them; some corrections I could not make
  • the range was 453-467
  • our point was 411
Sent:
April 1, 2021 6:01 AM
To: Ontario Nominee (MLTSD) <ontarionominee@ontario.ca>
Subject: OINP Profile Submission after NOI - IELTS Issue

CAUTION -- EXTERNAL E-MAIL - Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender.

Dear team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to inquire about the following issue. In brief, I have submitted my documents for OINP profile, but my EE score is now 452. However, the NOI was issued for 453-463. Is this acceptable? Please go through my query in detail described below.

I received NOI from Ontario on 16th February, 2021, when my EE score was 458. At the time of receiving NOI, my IELTS was valid, but it expired while document collection on 2nd March. Thus I attempted IELTS on 20th March and received CLB 7 above in all modules. This caused my EE score to fall down to 414. I submitted my OINP application with this score on 30th March along with an LOE stating that I will reattempt IELTS to bring up my EE score again.

Therefore, I reattempted IELTS on 27th March and scored CLB 9 above in all modules (I received online results on 31st March). With this result my EE score has jumped to 452 now. However, the OINP NOI issued was from 453-463 EE score.
Please also note that I have applied for EOR and have informed OINP with another LOE that I am waiting for updated TRF to receive in the span of three weeks.

Now I want to inquire if this case is acceptable by OINP? I will submit my TRF by 20-21st April. But if my EE score would remain 452, then will my application be catered by OINP? Since the OINP NOI was for EE score 453-463. In case if I need to maintain my EE score between 453-463 then I will attempt IELTS again for the third time. But I need to know from OINP about further steps to follow.

Kindly advise.

Best Regards,

Their Response;
From: Ontario Nominee (MLTSD) <ontarionominee@ontario.ca>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021, 8:02 pm
Subject: RE: OINP Profile Submission after NOI - IELTS Issue
To:

Hello,

Thank you for your correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).

Under the Human Capital Priorities stream, applicants must must be able to understand, read, write and speak either English or French at a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 or higher.

Your eligibility to apply to the OINP will not be affected if your CRS score changes.

Thank you for your interest in the OINP.

Sincerely,

I hope this thread will act as a reference for many many to come, though I seriously hope that no one else has to go through this which I went. :p
Great news! :D

srab kaur

May 12, 2023
Plssss do reply , i got noi from Ontario under hcp on 8 may 2023 .i got 8777 nd my ielts will expire on 17 December 2023 as Ontario PNP will take a long time , do i need to worry abt my IELTS , do i need the same ielts score. Or it would be ok to achieve clb 7 plsssssss do replyyyyyy ...
Thnx

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Plssss do reply , i got noi from Ontario under hcp on 8 may 2023 .i got 8777 nd my ielts will expire on 17 December 2023 as Ontario PNP will take a long time , do i need to worry abt my IELTS , do i need the same ielts score. Or it would be ok to achieve clb 7 plsssssss do replyyyyyy ...
Thnx
Hi,

You've way more months left, so you're good. Once the PR application(after ITA) is submitted before expiration, your information will be locked as valid. Thus, it doesn't matter if it gets expired anytime after submission.

srab kaur

May 12, 2023
Hi,

You've way more months left, so you're good. Once the PR application(after ITA) is submitted before expiration, your information will be locked as valid. Thus, it doesn't matter if it gets expired anytime after submission.
Hii .. thnx for replying me .. bt i want to know before the ITA do I need to maintain 8777 or its ok to have 6 each

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hii .. thnx for replying me .. bt i want to know before the ITA do I need to maintain 8777 or its ok to have 6 each
So if you already got nominated from Province and you submit your complete application for PR before expiration of Ielts , you are good and don’t need another exam .

srab kaur

May 12, 2023
So if you already got nominated from Province and you submit your complete application for PR before expiration of Ielts , you are good and don’t need another exam .
Nooooo i just got notification of interest from Ontario nothing else . I m just worried abt 8777 . I need to maintain this score till nomination or after NOI our ielts score like 8777 wouldn't matter nd it would be fine with each 6 .. my only is this i got noi with 451 with clb 9 with 5 year experience , do i need to maintain this score till nomination . Plsss clarify my doubt

srab kaur

May 12, 2023
Hello Bro,

I got my NOI for OINP - Human Capital Priorities Tech Draw on Feb 16, 2021. I submitted my application today March 19, 2021. CRS score : 460
NOC: 2147.

I have provided all the documents as per the requirements. However, I also have a problem like you with IELTS expiration which is due on March 23, 2021. Though My IELTS is valid on NOI date and OINP Application submission date, it is going to expire just 4 days after OINP application submission and payment.

I have taken an exam on March 14 (results announced today March 19), but unfortunately I could not get my past score of CLB 9 in Writing which missed by 0.5 and it reduced to CLB 8, other sections are Listening - CLB 10, Reading - CLB 10 and Speaking - CLB 9 (all are same as previous IELTS result) , if i have to update this result now to keep my Express Entry profile active then score drops significantly to 403.

I have submitted an Letter of Explanation today , mentioning I have my IELTs valid till date for OINP and I will update my EE profile once new IELTS is done to keep my EE profile active. (did not mention about the today's result which I have now).

As per OINP at the time of submission of application, IELTS should not be more than 2 years old which is met in my case.

You could have submitted before March 3rd in your case. However, now also you can take a computer based test and score whatever scores you can , and write a Letter of explanation stating your score on NOI date was valid and inform that application submission got delayed as documents collection was slow due to most people working from home. Mention, IELTS results which you get after the previous IELTS expiry, state your new express entry profile number incase your old profile became ineligible. Submit OINP application then. If you get same scores, it will be great, else before they process , you can submit another result.

All the best
Plsss do reply , i got clb 9 nd i got Notification of interest from Ontario , i have to maintain this clb 9 score till nomination or it would be ok if submit my application with clb9 now nd after that if expried again I can update my profile with clb 7 as it's tough to get clb 9 again .. i m worried pls do reply

srab kaur

May 12, 2023
Hi team,
I am new to this forum.
Usually I don't need to post as I get answers to my questions from the posts made by fellow members.
This time it is different. Please help.

IELTS taken : 3rd March, 2019
Results came : 21st April, 2019 (eor delayed it)
OINP NOI received : 16th Feb, 2021 (tech draw 453+)
Human capital stream : 45 calendar days
CRS score: 458

I didn't realize oinp considers test taken date not the result date. While collecting documents I passed 3rd March and it was on 9th I realized that my ielts is no more valid for OINP. However, gladly my EE profile is still valid.
I booked CD IELTS for 20th March.

My questions;
1- if I get less score on this attempt can I still submit my application with this IELTS then retake the test and try to get the required score then write an email to them to update the IELTS in oinp application?

2- somehow I cannot submit application before deadline, will my profile be considered for next draws by Ontario?
(even If the same score is maintained)
Do I need to write them any email if this happens?

Please guide!!
Hiiii could you reply me plssssss humble request i m really worried.. .. i got notification of interest from Ontario under hcp on 8 may 2023 , i got 8777 and my crs is 451 now .. actually i want to know that I have to maintain this score with 8777 till nomination or for the entire process .. or if withing 45 days i submit my application after NOI .. my ielts score 8777 would not matter . Nd i can proceed my file with clb 7 plsss do reply

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
Hiiii could you reply me plssssss humble request i m really worried.. .. i got notification of interest from Ontario under hcp on 8 may 2023 , i got 8777 and my crs is 451 now .. actually i want to know that I have to maintain this score with 8777 till nomination or for the entire process .. or if withing 45 days i submit my application after NOI .. my ielts score 8777 would not matter . Nd i can proceed my file with clb 7 plsss do reply
@NikSharma01 could you help?

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hi folks. After long time. And now as a Resident replying here. Thanks to the almighty Allah for making it all work in the end for me. Application rejected, new EE Profile, OINP transferred nomination to new EE Profile, then old application got reopened, and approved :)
So @srab kaur . See, you have almost 5 months left before your current IELTS expires. Be relaxed.

You have;
  • 45 days to submit your OINP application
  • Then it will take at least next 30-45 days before they issue you a Nomination Certificate. (For 16/02/2021 OINP Tech Draw, they took almost 55-80 days)
  • Then you will accept the nomination the same day to get 600 points.
  • Then you will wait for ITA
  • Then you will have 60 days to submit your EE Immigration file with so many more documents than OINP

So, long story short, you are kinda safe. You have OINP nomination with 8777, okay cool. Submit your OINP application. Once you submit, you IELTS expires, you only need to score above their minimum limit which is o guess 6666, you don't need to retain the same score yet you should also need to score above the minimum requirement band for OINP. But again by the time your IELTS expires you will already have their Nomination Certificate. So relax.

Due to strikes and all, processing might be slow. But just be sure to expedite your OINP submission process.

Now EE: once you have ITA, and you submit your application with whatever IELTS, that gets locked! Now you don't even need to give another IELTS at all again while waiting for your Passport Request.

Hope I answered your questions. Feel free to ask more.