+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - IELTS expired before submitting application

Kamal0312

Feb 8, 2024
Hi folks. After long time. And now as a Resident replying here. Thanks to the almighty Allah for making it all work in the end for me. Application rejected, new EE Profile, OINP transferred nomination to new EE Profile, then old application got reopened, and approved :)
So @srab kaur . See, you have almost 5 months left before your current IELTS expires. Be relaxed.

You have;
  • 45 days to submit your OINP application
  • Then it will take at least next 30-45 days before they issue you a Nomination Certificate. (For 16/02/2021 OINP Tech Draw, they took almost 55-80 days)
  • Then you will accept the nomination the same day to get 600 points.
  • Then you will wait for ITA
  • Then you will have 60 days to submit your EE Immigration file with so many more documents than OINP

So, long story short, you are kinda safe. You have OINP nomination with 8777, okay cool. Submit your OINP application. Once you submit, you IELTS expires, you only need to score above their minimum limit which is o guess 6666, you don't need to retain the same score yet you should also need to score above the minimum requirement band for OINP. But again by the time your IELTS expires you will already have their Nomination Certificate. So relax.

Due to strikes and all, processing might be slow. But just be sure to expedite your OINP submission process.

Now EE: once you have ITA, and you submit your application with whatever IELTS, that gets locked! Now you don't even need to give another IELTS at all again while waiting for your Passport Request.

Hope I answered your questions. Feel free to ask more.
hi, I received NOI from Ontario on 6th feb'24. IELTS test date was 12th feb and result date is 02nd march. I am really confused which date Ontario immigration government will take into consideration. I am having mixed advice from everyone, can anyone assure whether it's a date of test or result date consider for IELTS validity. A prompt response will be highly appreciated.

srab kaur

May 12, 2023
hi, I received NOI from Ontario on 6th feb'24. IELTS test date was 12th feb and result date is 02nd march. I am really confused which date Ontario immigration government will take into consideration. I am having mixed advice from everyone, can anyone assure whether it's a date of test or result date consider for IELTS validity. A prompt response will be highly appreciated.
Hey it's always the ielts result date

srab kaur

May 12, 2023
Thanks for replying, but on this same thread, people have said that test date is for sure taken into consideration. Are really sure that it is result date only because a very limited time left for me.
Hey could you reply pls , ur confusion is cleared or not now ?

Kamal0312

Feb 8, 2024
It’s always result date .
The IELTS validity period is 2 years from the date of the results. The IELTS validity period is when your IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) is considered valid and actively accepted by universities and organisations.
So the date which is mentioned on TRF at the bottom of the report is our result date right?