+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Afarp

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
, I am Toronto applicant but I got replay from Jenny kwan office , BC Vancouver , they will going to follow up for me , every one of us who face delay more than 12 months need to send to her email , because more numbers will make a difference , we can make her case easy .
good luck to all of us !

Reactions: fiso85

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
, I am Toronto applicant but I got replay from Jenny kwan office , BC Vancouver , they will going to follow up for me , every one of us who face delay more than 12 months need to send to her email , because more numbers will make a difference , we can make her case easy .
good luck to all of us !
But what can she do though? She will just do the same as my MP’s office does : contact IRCC and get the same “everything looks good””we have too many applications and will get to you as soon as we can”

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I read this news and I'm sharing it with you all. This is what happens when a governemtn takes so many refugees without proper background check, instead, they spend more than one year to background check permanent residents who have been here for a long time already and paying taxes.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/canadians-heading-to-europe-will-soon-face-more-travel-restrictions-—-heres-what-to-know/ar-BBUIdXC?ocid=spartanntp

I told you I'm concern about the future of this country the way this governemtn is going and I guess my feelings were right, sorry to see this and I think there will be more restrictions coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Afarp

Afarp

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
But what can she do though? She will just do the same as my MP’s office does : contact IRCC and get the same “everything looks good””we have too many applications and will get to you as soon as we can”
she is not just MP , she is IRCC c committe member in the senat behalf of NDP

Reactions: fiso85

Afarp

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
also you guys can make a phone call to her office directly speaking with her or leave a message the concern about how we treated by IRCC the long wait with out test.
NDP MP and NDP critic for multicultiralism , Immigration , Refugee and citizenshps in the house +16047755800

Last edited:

Kambiz2002

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
How IRCC perceives citizenship applications:

If you are non-routine: you are basically non-existent. They treat you in any way they like and they publicly announce it too.
If you are routine and you have been waiting 17 months for the test: you are pretty much like above. They just won't publicly say it.

Mar 13, 2019
With all the respect to everyone's situation and I really feel the pain you are having (I myself had my share from IRCC) .. it is not worth spreading FALSE INFORMATION.

@cn2017 .. This piece of news has nothing to do with Canada or this government taking refugees with big or small numbers.

The electronic travel authorization systems have nothing to do with that for the simple fact that it is not going to apply on Canada only .. it is going to apply on all travellers from countries that have visa-waiver agreements with EU. This includes USA, Australia and many other countries.

It is not a visa .. it is only a travel authorization .. exactly like ESTA in US that has been applied on travellers with European passports and ETA here in Canada as well.

I wish you good in your application but i wish as well you leave refugees out of this subject. Canada has always been a welcoming country with a system that proved it is working and your claims that the country is heading somewhere else are unfounded.

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
I sent the email yesterday, and I got a reply today. Something my MP or IRCC would take at least a week to do. Her reply was that it would be difficult for her to purse my case in Montreal, but nonetheless she will try her best to do something if my MP is not. I respect the fact she is still committed to reply to our emails.

Reactions: Afarp

Lovely sweety

Feb 13, 2019
I sent the email yesterday, and I got a reply today. Something my MP or IRCC would take at least a week to do. Her reply was that it would be difficult for her to purse my case in Montreal, but nonetheless she will try her best to do something if my MP is not. I respect the fact she is still committed to reply to our emails.
For me also she replied to my email today telling me she can't do much for Toronto applicant and I should contact my m.p ,which I already did 8 weeks back ,and if my mp is unable to do anything then I should contact her again.so now i am opting for wait for a while then i will apply for p.r card renewal,its expired.what else anybody can do except waiting.

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Great video! I'm surprised they mentioned about PR cases stuck in the system, but no mention of citizenship applications that are stuck too. Another small news related to this incompetent immigration minister, I read in the paper that he facilitated quick entry to Canada for many of unqualified people from his original country and when other departments complained he just said "we will have a dialoge with them". and he is putting on hold applications of qualified and talents, shame on this minister and whoever selected him.

Reactions: sarafandee

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
With all the respect to everyone's situation and I really feel the pain you are having (I myself had my share from IRCC) .. it is not worth spreading FALSE INFORMATION.

@cn2017 .. This piece of news has nothing to do with Canada or this government taking refugees with big or small numbers.

The electronic travel authorization systems have nothing to do with that for the simple fact that it is not going to apply on Canada only .. it is going to apply on all travellers from countries that have visa-waiver agreements with EU. This includes USA, Australia and many other countries.

It is not a visa .. it is only a travel authorization .. exactly like ESTA in US that has been applied on travellers with European passports and ETA here in Canada as well.

I wish you good in your application but i wish as well you leave refugees out of this subject. Canada has always been a welcoming country with a system that proved it is working and your claims that the country is heading somewhere else are unfounded.
What made US a great country was it's great system to get talents and not only making it easier and faster for them to enter but also going after them and bringing them in. If talnets have to wait 300% longer in Canada to get in then the system is proved to be not working, that's not called a working system and if they continue to fail to bring talents to this country then the economy will greatly suffer. We will see in the future.

Mar 13, 2019
What made US a great country was it's great system to get talents and not only making it easier and faster for them to enter but also going after them and bringing them in. If talnets have to wait 300% longer in Canada to get in then the system is proved to be not working, that's not called a working system and if they continue to fail to bring talents to this country then the economy will greatly suffer. We will see in the future.
Canadian system has always been a merit based system and faster to get citizenship compared with the US system (at least for the time I knew both).

However, without going into the new FALSE claims in your reply, you haven't addressed the part related to your first FALSE claim that the new electronic authorization for travellers to EU is a result of the current Canadian policy about refugees. Again, that EU system will apply on both Canada and US among other countries. So, do you an objective reply to that evidence or are you going to continue spreading incorrect info.?

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Canadian system has always been a merit based system and faster to get citizenship compared with the US system (at least for the time I knew both).

However, without going into the new FALSE claims in your reply, you haven't addressed the part related to your first FALSE claim that the new electronic authorization for travellers to EU is a result of the current Canadian policy about refugees. Again, that EU system will apply on both Canada and US among other countries. So, do you an objective reply to that evidence or are you going to continue spreading incorrect info.?
This is true, statistically Canada provides an easier route towards citizenship than US. I believe the existing problem lies in the fact that IRCC made it official on their website that the new process would take less than 12 months, hence causing all the frustration for the applicants still waiting. They would have been better off not stating a one year processing timeline given they are short on staff, and security checks potentially taking longer than expected.

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017

The sheer number of refugees moving to countries like Canada and US and some others as and the fear of terrorism have been the motivation behind the extra authorizations that are coming in place. This is not to say that refugees are bad but there are certain assumptions the West and even in the Middle East itself. I believe before we address this issue, we need to address your lack of understanding of the problems around the world and the root causes. Your claim about the Canadian system is also false; US system is by far more superior than the Canadian system and I know it because I went through their PR process and the timeline that they had provided was very accurate and the process was faster compared with the Canadian PR process. Again, this is not to say that the Canadian system is the worst but we need to acknowledge the issue instead of ignoring it and try to do what we can to make it better and fairer. If you are that ignorant to see all the complaints, reports of inefficiency, and the pain of others caused by the inefficient system of handling cases and still defending it then I don’t have anything to talk to you about. Some see the problem, acknowledge it, and try to do something about it, and some decide to be sheeps and defend it and live in denial!

Last edited:
Reactions: omerhaha