+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Frustration understood.

Does not change what the situation is. You know you are not going to get any real information from the Help Centre unless you just happen to call in a very narrow window of time between a task done and notice to you the applicant.

In the meantime, IRCC processes more than a HALF MILLION applications each year, a large percentage of which are citizenship applications. Thousands of clients have real questions for which the Help Centre agents can provide meaningful information. It would be nice if those who are pursuing Canadian citizenship could indeed act like citizens, and be considerate of those thousands of others who have real questions, many of whom are working full time and may have very limited slots of time to try to get through to a Help Centre agent.

Please.
I never undermined those agents or said they are not doing their job, it's true they still take care of other questions out there from many other people, yet they have nothing to offer me. It is my right to criticize a process that I deem as inefficient, otherwise it won't improve. There is beyond the Shadow of doubt a major disconnect when it comes to delayed cases like mine and many others, we are left in the dark not knowing where our applications stand, while we keep seeing others applying way after us getting their citizenship. What pisses me off is not that my application is delayed, but rather that IRCC lies to me about its status. I applied earlier than a lot of people, I deserve some priority at the least. There is clearly an incompetence taking place somewhere, and only by speaking out loud we can hope they will fix it.

Lovely sweety

Feb 13, 2019
No matter what the reasons are the inefficiency, if my efficiency had come down this low I would have been fired long back at my workplace. I have called them several times, and the answer remains same. "Everything looks good you have to wait". Wait for what- For people who applied 1 yr later after me to get to the finish line? This is a joke now - both who are in the system and those who are outside justifying it. On top of that I received survey recently stating that a decision was made on your application - so much so for rubbing salt on the wound.
Yup same for me I completed the survey telling I am still waiting for oath invitation and people who applied 8 months later to me are already citizen

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
The problem is not waiting, the problem is that the system is corrupt. If they tell me you need to wait three years because you are from certain country, I can sit and wait three years and no problem and I won't bother them, but when they lie and give me BS and they just delay your application while you see people who applied ONE year after you are now citizens, that's when we lose trust and get frustrated. They are discriminating against males from certain regions and they are not honest and that's discussing and cannot be justified. People should be mad and should complain and have the right to do that. Defending a corrupt system like IRCC's is a wrong thing to do.

Last edited:

Arora5983

Star Member
Dec 12, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
18-01-2014
Nomination.....
19-07-2013
AOR Received.
21-09-2013
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
In Process, Pymt Request and Paid on 05-02-2014
Med's Request
29-09-2013
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
16-03-2014
Hi Everyone, Today i check my ecas and it mentioned that's what i saw in it
"We sent you a notice on March 11, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 3, 2019 at 1:00 PM."
Finally long wait is about to end. Good luck everyone.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Defending a corrupt system like IRCC's is a wrong thing to do.
Goes without saying that you would be singing the praise of the same "corrupt system" that you so vividly describe, had it been instrumental in approving your application on your terms

The grass is always greener on the other side...

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Goes without saying that you would be singing the praise of the same "corrupt system" that you so vividly describe, had it been instrumental in approving your application on your terms

The grass is always greener on the other side...

If you see other people’s pain and instead of at least sympathizing you are ignorant enough to disregard all of that and post an inconsiderate comment like this then I don’t have anything to talk to you about. If someone wants to be a sheep and ignore the reality that’s their choice, I choose to talk about it even if it doesn’t help me, I believe that things will improve only if there is enough voice and if everyone sits and does nothing then nothing will change.

fiso85

Aug 7, 2013
My application was approved for "urgent processing" because of my special case... Yet, it's been 18 months since I applied and no news. I have a friend who applied 6 months ago and is now a citizen. 300% more wait time (so far) because I was born in a particular region..... Had to go to the doctor and my blood pressure was 160!!!!!! last week when I hung up the phone with the IRCC agent who told me this process can take years and there is nothing I can do...

Having said that, nagging here won't do anything for us. We need to take action. We have to start by writing to a particular MP. Jen Kwan is actively following up this matter. She is a Vancouver MP, but it doesn't matter, she works on Immigration from all over Canada. Please write to her NOW.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Parliamentarians/en/members/Jenny-Kwan(89346)

Remember receiving 50 emails in 1 week is much more efficient that 50 emails throughout the year. So please write her an email today.

Just complaining about our situation here DOES NOT HELP.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
If someone wants to be a sheep and ignore the reality that’s their choice, I choose to talk about it even if it doesn’t help me, I believe that things will improve only if there is enough voice and if everyone sits and does nothing then nothing will change.
Hope your voice is heard loud and clear by the powers that be lol, I choose to be a "sheep" and ignore the "reality"

Good luck with your "delayed" application..

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Hope your voice is heard loud and clear by the powers that be lol, I choose to be a "sheep" and ignore the "reality"

Good luck with your "delayed" application..
In 2015, my PR application was complete with all checks, but it was sitting on the agent's desk for a 16 months. Had I not raised my voice and complained continuously to my MP, it would've sat there for a longer period. All what the people saying here is that IRCC has a history of mistreating certain people, there are agents not doing their job, that's a fact. How do you propose we fix this problem? Simply waiting is not an option, since it encourages the lazy ones not to do their job.

Reactions: cn2017

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
In 2015, my PR application was complete with all checks, but it was sitting on the agent's desk for a 16 months. Had I not raised my voice and complained continuously to my MP, it would've sat there for a longer period. All what the people saying here is that IRCC has a history of mistreating certain people, there are agents not doing their job, that's a fact. How do you propose we fix this problem? Simply waiting is not an option, since it encourages the lazy ones not to do their job.
Back in 2012, when I applied for my residency under the PhD category, my application took a solid 18 months to finalize. I was literally hanging by a thread back then, since my GCMS notes had indicated that the agent had failed me during a pre eligibility screening , but eventually things worked out for me. There was an editorial in the Toronto Star describing how Ottawa was systematically rejecting PR applicants back then-something I still feel hard to believe (more on that later)

Now, I too have gone through the same pain as most people have, or are going through during my 2012-2014 adventure. But as other members have pointed out there is nothing much to do but WAIT and WATCH for communication- in this regard I agree with much of what @dpenabill has elucidated in the past.

The fact that someone ahead of the queue in terms of application date from the same local office gets processed much faster is not a valid reason to question the entire immigration process, or the work ethics of the agents.This has to do with the uniqueness of each application, and the unique challenges they pose

As @spyfy had pointed out in a related thread, most offices, especially the ones in the GTA are overworked, and are doing what they can to clear the backlog.

I had a similar chat with the agent that interviewed me, and he pretty much said the same thing-we are backlogged and are doing our best to clear.

Also, it it tenous, in my opinion to raise insinuations on someone's work ethics when for one you have no idea about the person(s) involved, so let's NOT accuse someone of inaction or being lazy on the job when we have NO direct proof of it !!

I invite you to read through the documents in this link- they give a vivid description of what goes beyond the scenes in delaying applications:

https://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/cic-documents/

Last edited:

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Back in 2012, when I applied for my residency under the PhD category, my application took a solid 18 months to finalize. I was literally hanging by a thread back then, since my GCMS notes had indicated that the agent had failed me during a pre eligibility screening , but eventually things worked out for me. There was an editorial in the Toronto Star describing how Ottawa was systematically rejecting PR applicants back then-something I still feel hard to believe (more on that later)

Now, I too have gone through the same pain as most people have, or are going through during my 2012-2014 adventure. But as other members have pointed out there is nothing much to do but WAIT and WATCH for communication- in this regard I agree with much of what @dpenabill has elucidated in the past.

The fact that someone ahead of the queue in terms of application date from the same local office gets processed much faster is not a valid reason to question the entire immigration process, or the work ethics of the agents.This has to do with the uniqueness of each application, and the unique challenges they pose

As @spyfy had pointed out in a related thread, most offices, especially the ones in the GTA are overworked, and are doing what they can to clear the backlog.

I had a similar chat with the agent that interviewed me, and he pretty much said the same thing-we are backlogged and are doing our best to clear.

Also, it it tenous, in my opinion to raise insinuations on someone's work ethics when for one you have no idea about the person(s) involved, so let's NOT accuse someone of inaction or being lazy on the job when we have NO direct proof of it !!

I invite you to read through the documents in this link- they give a vivid description of what goes beyond the scenes in delaying applications:

https://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/cic-documents/
I rest my case

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
Hello,

I have applied my citizenship since Feb 2018 but no test invite still.

I made ATIP request to both IRCC and CSIS and got my notes 2 days ago. IRCC notes showed that:

Security: Blank
Criminality: Passed
Immigration clearance (Residence, knowledge, etc): Not started

Last update on the file was in June, 2018.

CSIS sent the letter stating that security clearance still in progress.

I am so tired of this process. My PR took 4 years due to this security issue. I applied in 2011 and got it in 2015. I had a 4 hour long security interview with CSIS back in 2012. They cleared me after 4 months of the interview but IRCC kept sitting on my file until I filed mandamus, and that's when wheels started turning and they issued me the PR. Now, I am again going through the same mess. I am not quite sure why couldn't they clear my security like average people, since they already have done it extensively for my PR.

Is there anyone else who is facing the same dilemma? Any guess what's happening with my file? :(

My timeline is:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 5, 2018.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon February 28, 2018.

3. We started processing your application on May 30, 2018.

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
Hello,

I have applied my citizenship since Feb 2018 but no test invite still.

I made ATIP request to both IRCC and CSIS and got my notes 2 days ago. IRCC notes showed that:

Security: Blank
Criminality: Passed
Immigration clearance (Residence, knowledge, etc): Not started

Last update on the file was in June, 2018.

CSIS sent the letter stating that security clearance still in progress.

I am so tired of this process. My PR took 4 years due to this security issue. I applied in 2011 and got it in 2015. I had a 4 hour long security interview with CSIS back in 2012. They cleared me after 4 months of the interview but IRCC kept sitting on my file until I filed mandamus, and that's when wheels started turning and they issued me the PR. Now, I am again going through the same mess. I am not quite sure why couldn't they clear my security like average people, since they already have done it extensively for my PR.

Is there anyone else who is facing the same dilemma? Any guess what's happening with my file? :(

My timeline is:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 5, 2018.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon February 28, 2018.

3. We started processing your application on May 30, 2018.
Hi would you mind sharing some more detail, why did you go through so much screening during the time of PR and now, what is your country of origin, you as an applicant are the best judge to understand why is my file going so non routine till date.
I hope you a speedy process.

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
Hi would you mind sharing some more detail, why did you go through so much screening during the time of PR and now, what is your country of origin, you as an applicant are the best judge to understand why is my file going so non routine till date.
I hope you a speedy process.
Thank you for your wishes.

I am from a south asian muslim country. They had me mixed up for someone else due to common name and they wanted to confirm if that person was not me. They did clear me of everything, that's why I got my PR. However, I feel like I am going through the same hell again.

I hope this time delay is due to backlog at
the CSIS office rather than any actual security concerns.

Worst case: I have to go for FC again, but that can't happen until my application is at least 3 years old.