+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
Thank you for your wishes.

I am from a south asian muslim country. They had me mixed up for someone else due to common name and they wanted to confirm if that person was not me. They did clear me of everything, that's why I got my PR. However, I feel like I am going through the same hell again.

I hope this time delay is due to backlog at
the CSIS office rather than any actual security concerns.

Worst case: I have to go for FC again, but that can't happen until my application is at least 3 years old.
Thanks for providing some detail
One thing I dont understand on this forum is why people are afraid to write their country of origin/passport. We all must be proud of from where we are originally and how we all are contributing to a successful Canada.

fiso85

Aug 7, 2013
Thank you for your wishes.

I am from a south asian muslim country. They had me mixed up for someone else due to common name and they wanted to confirm if that person was not me. They did clear me of everything, that's why I got my PR. However, I feel like I am going through the same hell again.

I hope this time delay is due to backlog at
the CSIS office rather than any actual security concerns.

Worst case: I have to go for FC again, but that can't happen until my application is at least 3 years old.
You don't have to wait for 3 years anymore. Back in 2015 the applications processing time were much longer than what they are now, they used to take up to 2 years in normal cases. That's why you had to wait for 3 years. But nowadays, the processing time is much less, for citizenship is 12 months. Recently, in a non-legal conversation a lawyer told me that 1.5 years is the minimum that you have to wait before filing for FC. So I assume somewhere between 18-24 months is good enough.

But let's hope that we don't have to do that as it's costly... Please write up an email to Jenny Kwan, she is an MP from Vancouver who is actively pursuing this clearance backlog issue. Please write up an email today, the more cases she receives in a short span of time, the more serious the matter will be taken.

Her email:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/october-11th-2017-citizenship-applicants-under-3-5-rule.521045/page-811#post-7663106

osis

Jun 29, 2012
Hello,

I have applied my citizenship since Feb 2018 but no test invite still.

I made ATIP request to both IRCC and CSIS and got my notes 2 days ago. IRCC notes showed that:

Security: Blank
Criminality: Passed
Immigration clearance (Residence, knowledge, etc): Not started

Last update on the file was in June, 2018.

CSIS sent the letter stating that security clearance still in progress.

I am so tired of this process. My PR took 4 years due to this security issue. I applied in 2011 and got it in 2015. I had a 4 hour long security interview with CSIS back in 2012. They cleared me after 4 months of the interview but IRCC kept sitting on my file until I filed mandamus, and that's when wheels started turning and they issued me the PR. Now, I am again going through the same mess. I am not quite sure why couldn't they clear my security like average people, since they already have done it extensively for my PR.

Is there anyone else who is facing the same dilemma? Any guess what's happening with my file? :(

My timeline is:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on February 5, 2018.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canadaon February 28, 2018.

3. We started processing your application on May 30, 2018.
Apparently not all the lawyers are willing to file mandamus...Can I ask who you went to for your PR application? I applied in Oct 2017 and still waiting...

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
Apparently not all the lawyers are willing to file mandamus...Can I ask who you went to for your PR application? I applied in Oct 2017 and still waiting...
Mario Bellissimo (Toronto)
Bellissimo Law Group
Phone: 416-787-6505

He is one of the best lawyers I know in immigration industry.

fiso85

Aug 7, 2013
Is she going to pursue our cases? I have a feeling it will not happen, noone can pressure security clearances, you need a lawyer to file a legal case, and then maybe they'll consider doing something.

She is not a magician, but out of our MPs, she seems to be really pushing for this. She needs more data to back up her position, if we provide her with more info, she's got more power

One of her debates

Reactions: Afarp

Lovely sweety

Feb 13, 2019
She is not a magician, but out of our MPs, she seems to be really pushing for this. She needs more data to back up her position, if we provide her with more info, she's got more power

One of her debates
She is pushing for Iranians but there are many Pakistanis and middle eastern struck in this situation we should tell her that it's not only irani but also south asians also

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014

One of her debates
Full respect, I hope she talks about delayed citizenship applications too

Reactions: Afarp

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014

One of her debates
Then fact he was ignoring her questions pisses me off