+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

ersar

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
I have a friend who is an immigration officer and I asked him about if there is any systematic discrimination in CA immigration and he told me that system doesn’t have the budget nor the capacity to go thorough each application and decide based on nation and gender. It’s all random and depends on the officer to how to treat each individual. Nothing comes from the top. all depends on luch

Reactions: sarafandee
Mar 13, 2019
The sheer number of refugees moving to countries like Canada and US and some others as and the fear of terrorism have been the motivation behind the extra authorizations that are coming in place. This is not to say that refugees are bad but there are certain assumptions the West and even in the Middle East itself. I believe before we address this issue, we need to address your lack of understanding of the problems around the world and the root causes. Your claim about the Canadian system is also false; US system is by far more superior than the Canadian system and I know it because I went through their PR process and the timeline that they had provided was very accurate and the process was faster compared with the Canadian PR process. Again, this is not to say that the Canadian system is the worst but we need to acknowledge the issue instead of ignoring it and try to do what we can to make it better and fairer. If you are that ignorant to see all the complaints, reports of inefficiency, and the pain of others caused by the inefficient system of handling cases and still defending it then I don’t have anything to talk to you about. Some see the problem, acknowledge it, and try to do something about it, and some decide to be sheeps and defend it and live in denial!
Once again .. you are pulling irrelevant info. and insults to distract and avoid admitting that your claims are FALSE and you are spreading MISINFORMATION.

Your statement was .. Canadians are subject to more travel restrictions due to the current government policy on refugees and more to come. US is more restrictive and thus they are fine.
The fact is .. Those so called restrictions are going to apply on all citizens from countries with visa waiver programs with EU, including US.
Conclusion .. your statement is FALSE.

I understand that the word FALSE is irritating to you .. but this is what reality is. I am only leaving this post for everyone not for you .. since you do not deserve the time to further reply to you.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
I have decided to pass the information to Media after all the frustration. The Immigration minister after three emails was not able to reply back. I have attached all three emails to the media and agreed to go public. Fingers crossed. Here is the address: ourvancouver@cbc.ca

ramramsd

Jan 28, 2018
Out of curiosity I've returned back to the forum after one year of gaining my citizenship. To my surprise the thread is still active and people are not getting their citizenship after 18 month! My whole process took only 6 months, including the test second attempt to my wife.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Out of curiosity I've returned back to the forum after one year of gaining my citizenship. To my surprise the thread is still active and people are not getting their citizenship after 18 month! My whole process took only 6 months, including the test second attempt to my wife.
No surprise here, this is government of Canada

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
I have a friend who is an immigration officer and I asked him about if there is any systematic discrimination in CA immigration and he told me that system doesn’t have the budget nor the capacity to go thorough each application and decide based on nation and gender. It’s all random and depends on the officer to how to treat each individual. Nothing comes from the top. all depends on luch
It is obvious that some nationalities are not treated as others. I think the discrimination does not come from the IRCC, rather it is CSIS. It is the background check and specifically the security check that holds back the processing. The fact is that security check is a very simple process, just a few inquiries from other agencies like FBI and then a risk assessment which is then sent to IRCC officer for final decision. Now it is either CSIS itself or other agencies that does not provide this assessment on time for any reason for particular nationalities.

Reactions: Fallen_Warrior

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
I am afraid Liberals will not get the vote of new immigrants in the upcoming election. I will personally waste my vote on NDP!
I will not even think to vote any party as they don't deserve it. All of them are the same just its a drama and stage act that they do during elections.

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
It is obvious that some nationalities are not treated as others. I think the discrimination does not come from the IRCC, rather it is CSIS. It is the background check and specifically the security check that holds back the processing. The fact is that security check is a very simple process, just a few inquiries from other agencies like FBI and then a risk assessment which is then sent to IRCC officer for final decision. Now it is either CSIS itself or other agencies that does not provide this assessment on time for any reason for particular nationalities.
As true as this is for some nationalities, the fact remains that many people from those same nationalities get processed faster. I personally believe it has to do with the agent processing the application, and this is where some of us seem to fall short with our processing. Think of a Customer Service department in a company, you'll have agents helping you out and making sure you get what you want, while others won't for different reasons (laziness, incompetence, etc). Problem with IRCC or CSIS for that matter is that their agents have more room and flexibility to stretch the processing of some applications, no questions asked (unless of course you file a writ of Mandamus and still hope to get an answer). Each time I fly out of Canada, I get stopped at the airport for "random" security check. I could've been a millionaire if I had the same odds playing lotto. In some occasions they made me miss my flight, did I get compensated for my trouble? No. Was I able to do anything about it? No. Was I able to specifically complain and hold the agent responsible for delaying me and making miss my flight? No. They have exaggerated authority to hold anyone for any reason, and there is nothing you can do about it.

I believe the same applies for IRCC/CSIS, they're given the freedom to stretch the processing of any application and delay it as they please, and no one will ask why. I mentioned this before in another thread, my PR was being held for more than a year sitting on the agent's desk while it was complete and ready. Had I not kept making noise about the delay, I would've stayed waiting for an indefinite time, or till that agent notices my application by mistake.

alternatestar

Mar 26, 2019
Hi guys.

My 2017 tax is currently being re-assessed as per my request. Do you guys think that will affect my application? It’s been 2 weeks since I took my citizenship exam and my application status is still in process.

alternatestar

Mar 26, 2019
As true as this is for some nationalities, the fact remains that many people from those same nationalities get processed faster. I personally believe it has to do with the agent processing the application, and this is where some of us seem to fall short with our processing. Think of a Customer Service department in a company, you'll have agents helping you out and making sure you get what you want, while others won't for different reasons (laziness, incompetence, etc). Problem with IRCC or CSIS for that matter is that their agents have more room and flexibility to stretch the processing of some applications, no questions asked (unless of course you file a writ of Mandamus and still hope to get an answer). Each time I fly out of Canada, I get stopped at the airport for "random" security check. I could've been a millionaire if I had the same odds playing lotto. In some occasions they made me miss my flight, did I get compensated for my trouble? No. Was I able to do anything about it? No. Was I able to specifically complain and hold the agent responsible for delaying me and making miss my flight? No. They have exaggerated authority to hold anyone for any reason, and thereis nothing you can do abou.l

I believe the same applies for IRCC/CSIS, they're given the freedom to stretch the processing of any application and delay it as they please, and no one will ask why. I mentioned this before in another thread, my PR was being held for more than a year sitting on the agent's desk while it was complete and ready. Had I not kept making noise about the delay, I would've stayed waiting for an indefinite time, or till that agent notices my application by mistake.
How did you make noise about the delay?
Can you teach me? lol
When I called to ask for the status of my application, the agent told me that my exam result was not entered yet. But why? It’s been 2 weeks.

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
How did you make noise about the delay?
Can you teach me? lol
When I called to ask for the status of my application, the agent told me that my exam result was not entered yet. But why? It’s been 2 weeks.
I kept emailing my MP and telling them I needed the PR because I had to travel to see my sick mother (true story). Back then my work permit also expired and they didn't renew it for a year, so I was not able to leave Canada and come back. It took a year of complaining though till they finally paid attention. If there is a valid reason, or an emergency, they may consider, otherwise I doubt it

Reactions: alternatestar

Lovely sweety

Feb 13, 2019
So yesterday I called mp for my area and today he called me telling my security checks are going on as my name is matching to someone who is not allowed to come in Canada so nobody can do anything about it and we have to wait .I know I am Muslim wear hijab and from Pakistan so it could mean a lot of security checks ...but 1 1/2 year I think is too much...better they should make a rule for us that processing time for us should not to be expected to be normal time because we are below normal. really disappointed with this discriminatory system

Reactions: N1oo$#a

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
So yesterday I called mp for my area and today he called me telling my security checks are going on as my name is matching to someone who is not allowed to come in Canada so nobody can do anything about it and we have to wait .I know I am Muslim wear hijab and from Pakistan so it could mean a lot of security checks ...but 1 1/2 year I think is too much...better they should make a rule for us that processing time for us should not to be expected to be normal time because we are below normal. really disappointed with this discriminatory system
Well, I have no religion and came from nowhere near any Muslim countries - but my case is entering 19th month next week . I don’t think there’s any discrimination, just incompetence and inefficiency