+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I am still in process after 13 month . I think they are busy now.
That's crazy, it's crazy how they manage, many of people that applied in October 2017 are citizens now and some like us still waiting for the test invite. They need to manage this better, everybody should have a similar timeline and all that background check stuff is bs. They don't distribute work properly and our files are stuck with a useless slow agent that doesn't want to work. They are so inefficient and this process is very unfair. I hope they fix their crapy system in the future and fire the useless agents that are slow or don't want to work. Yes, it's a government job, but immigration is very sensitive, it's people's lives and no room for useless agents. I'm so frustrated with their stupid and unfair system. I know several other countries that are third world and their system is better than this - less bureaucratic. Good luck to all the October 2017 people that are still waiting for test invite.

Last edited:

stewieg666

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
That's crazy, it's crazy how they manage, many of people that applied in October 2017 are citizens now and some like us still waiting for the test invite. They need to manage this better, everybody should have a similar timeline and all that background check stuff is bs. They don't distribute work properly and our files are stuck with a useless slow agent that doesn't want to work. They are so inefficient and this process is very unfair. I hope they fix their crapy system in the future and fire the useless agents that are slow or don't want to work. Yes, it's a government job, but immigration is very sensitive, it's people's lives and no room for useless agents. I'm so frustrated with their stupid and unfair system. I know several other countries that are third world and their system is better than this - less bureaucratic. Good luck to all the October 2017 people that are still waiting for test invite.
when did you apply? and did you call to ask what stage at now?

jssa

Oct 18, 2017
App Sent: Oct 16, 2017
App Received: Oct 18, 2017
App Type: Single
AOR: February 12, 2018
In Process: February 20, 2018

Please update my Application status - Test date and Decision made
Test Invitation: August 21, 2018
Citizenship Test Date: September 13, 2018
Decision Made: September 14, 2018

vaibhavxv

Mar 26, 2014
Hi,
Did you check with your local MP to find out what's going on with your application? I just called and booked appointment with my local MP for this Wed. I hope they will do an inquiry on my app and figure out what's going on with my application.

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
App Sent: Oct 16, 2017
App Received: Oct 18, 2017
App Type: Single
AOR: February 12, 2018
In Process: February 20, 2018

Please update my Application status - Test date and Decision made
Test Invitation: August 21, 2018
Citizenship Test Date: September 13, 2018
Decision Made: September 14, 2018
updated, congrats

cn2017

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
October 17. I called them and they said you have to wait 12 months and then call back if we don't contact you which is ridiculous because the call center agents don't know anything and can only check if there is a note in the application. Basically no matter how long after submitting your application you call, they will just say wait 12 months. If you wait more than 12 months and then you call them they will say we had a large number of applicants, so the processing time may take longer and they can't do anything about it. I have not contacted my MP yet, but I hard they cannot do much about this. Honestly, I hate to go to MP to complain about this, I feel bad, the CIC's process should be more proper so applicants can know how long they need to wait for each step, I don't care if they say they need two years in advance, but when you have no idea of the timeline for anything it can get frustrating specially when you see zero consistency - your friend who applied a month later than you has his Canadian passport and travelling now and I'm stuck here waiting for the test invite, it's insane.

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
October 17. I called them and they said you have to wait 12 months and then call back if we don't contact you which is ridiculous because the call center agents don't know anything and can only check if there is a note in the application. Basically no matter how long after submitting your application you call, they will just say wait 12 months. If you wait more than 12 months and then you call them they will say we had a large number of applicants, so the processing time may take longer and they can't do anything about it. I have not contacted my MP yet, but I hard they cannot do much about this. Honestly, I hate to go to MP to complain about this, I feel bad, the CIC's process should be more proper so applicants can know how long they need to wait for each step, I don't care if they say they need two years in advance, but when you have no idea of the timeline for anything it can get frustrating specially when you see zero consistency - your friend who applied a month later than you has his Canadian passport and travelling now and I'm stuck here waiting for the test invite, it's insane.
Yep. We on the same boat brother.

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
FYI, I tried America. Got my oath in 6 months and I was able to apply 6 months in advance before I was eligible. Their service and system are far superior in my personal opinion.

I refuse to let someone's laziness or in competitiveness affect my future.

That makes me wonder what motivates to acquire citizenship of a country so inferior than US? Lowering your standards? I am not sure how this system is ruining your future ... at least don't let your negative attitude affect your future.

Reactions: kushari

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
That makes me wonder what motivates to acquire citizenship of a country so inferior than US? Lowering your standards? I am not sure how this system is ruining your future ... at least don't let your negative attitude affect your future.
He was only referring to this one thing that he considered inferior , no need to generalize it and make it a fight

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
T’was in reply to someone who specifically said America is worse without any experience.

In any case, Canada can’t really be inferior since pot is going to be legal next month. Now you can go back to smoking some. Lol.

revival

Star Member
Jan 7, 2012
Hello all,

Please, I have a question for those of you who have already applied for passport as follows:

Do we need to provide references as well as guarantor? Becos I could remember that when I applied for my kids passports, we only provided and completed the guarantor section of the form - No references were provided.

Looking thru the application form for adult, it seems it is mandatory to provide both. Is this correct?

Thanks guys...

Revival for all Nations

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Looking thru the application form for adult, it seems it is mandatory to provide both. Is this correct?
It is correct. 2 x referees and 1 x guarantor required for passport application. Both, for adults as well as minors (below 16).