+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

crozy

Oct 6, 2017
1. Yes. Just a matter of webform &/or calling the CSR #.
2. No. Getting a priority service from IRCC is an extreme rarity.
3. Very likely. Every step has a queue. And you'd fall back in line.

Suggestion: Pls hang in there and do not make plans until you receive your Canadian passport, unless there's an emergency. You have waited for long already - it's just a matter of a few more days. And do not contact IRCC with your plans for vacation ~ your case could take a considerable delay.

As an Oct-2017 applicant you're still very likely to make it by October this year. There have been plenty of cases whose test/interview and oath were done on the same day, if not within 48-hrs apart. For cases who were nearing the 12-months threshold. I'd suggest sending them a webform enquiring the progress of your case since it is already 11 months now. It could trigger some activity unless your case is held-up with BG checks. But remember, mention 11-months, but don't mention an impending vacation in that webform enquiry.
Thanks for the detailed answer. Hopefully I'll get some traction on my application in the next few weeks. The problem is I have vacation days I have to use up so I think I'll wait until late November and hope for the best.

Reactions: qorax

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
I got oath email yesterday (17 Sep) for oath on 9 Oct. I had already told them about my vacation till Dec (through web form in Jun) and also re-iterated the same in my interview in August. The interviewer took note of my dates. Also, during my interview, interviewer said it will take 4 months for oath.

Now, I replied to the oath email stating that I cant attend until Dec. Hope they re-schedule my oath ceremony.
Update: Yesterday afternoon, I received a reply asking me for travel proof (flight tickets, hotel bookings, etc). I sent them the flight itinerary. Hope they re-schedule.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update: Yesterday afternoon, I received a reply asking me for travel proof (flight tickets, hotel bookings, etc). I sent them the flight itinerary. Hope they re-schedule.
IS this for scarborough? Can you let me know the oath email address?

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hi Everyone;

Anyone from Toronto or GTA who has applied to citizenship on October 2017 and still waiting for a decision or invitation for oath? I'll appreciate gathering some data to see where I am now. Here is my log:

18 Oct 2017: App sent
20 Oct : App received
5 Jan 2018: AOR
23 Jan : eCAS status changed to "In Process"
11 Apr: Invitation for test
3 May: Tast taken (passed)
..... Still waiting since then

Appreciate your response.
Thank you

keltobgy

Apr 4, 2006
Hello Everyone,

Please add my timeline to the sheet. We are a family application of 4 applied in Mississauga and did our test in Scarborough. Today I sent a web inquiry about the status of our application. After passing the test and during the interview the officer asked for translated passport stamps for me and my wife and a police certificate from home country for my wife. All documents provided and received by them on July 31st 2018. The officer indicated during the interview that the oath will be scheduled once received we will schedule your oath ceremony. Application is still in process and we are still waiting.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 16, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 7, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 8, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 6, 2018 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment,
Thank you all,

kijiji

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
17-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent Along with Application
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
09-02-2014
Med's Done....
24-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
Hi Everyone,

Finally got my test invite.. and wrote the exam on 7th Sep.

Status is showing as Decision made... Plz update my time lines

APP Received : 19 Oct, 2017
ACK Received : 25 Nov, 2017
IN Process : 15 Dec, 2017
Test Invite : 15 Aug, 2018
Test Date : 07 Sep, 2018
Decision Made: 09 Sep, 2018

Thank you everyone! and all the best for the ones who are waiting for the exam.

forumnewbie

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
It happened to me. I sent webform informing the dates I’m unavailable and they scheduled my test on one of the dates. So I had to suck it up and go to the test they scheduled as I don’t want to go back in the queue.
Book your trip, advise them of the dates of travel via the webform, and hope for the best. It's what IRCC say you should do in this case, but as you can see by the post just before yours, they don't always pay attention and schedule accordingly. I wouldn't worry about an FP or document request if you're only away for a few weeks. You'd have time to respond to the request when you got home. (Although it could be a scramble.)
t

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Stuck in Program Support Unit due to name change. Sent application mid October 2017 which got in process mid Nov 2017.

Anyone else in the same boat?

OzInVan

Aug 30, 2015
Stuck in Program Support Unit due to name change. Sent application mid October 2017 which got in process mid Nov 2017.

Anyone else in the same boat?
What is a Program Support Unit? Did you change your name recently, before or after the application?

paulh

Star Member
Feb 22, 2010
Hi,
We passed the test and got oath invite for Oct 10.

Test was easy although we had prepared good - Discover Canada (MUST) and lot of online test.

Interview was smooth. Even though we finished our test quickly, the order in which interview were being called was not 'First Finished the Test, First Interviewed'. Our wait time for interview was almost 25 min. They were quick to let me know that expected oath date would be 18th Oct. But when we received oath notification, it turned out to be sooner than that. Not that it matters to us but we wouldn't mind receiving it sooner.

To those who are waiting for test / oath:
1. The overall process for citizenship took just few days less than 12 month. Even if it had taken another 6 months to 1 year, we would be ok. If you keep the same mindset, the time frame would never bother you.

2. We eagerly waited for this day but never got frustrated in the process and never compared our application to anyone else. We did not make it as an excuse to call IRCC an unfair system.

3. We spoke what we wanted (positive outcome) instead of what we did not want (delays, laziness etc etc). Every time we thought about the application, we said it is being processed right now and the person handling my file is the best person and working fast on my application.

4. Our attitude was:
a. Gaining citizenship is not going to change anything for us except getting the right to vote and ability to leave/enter the country. Being on PR, we are always free to travel.

b. Getting Citizenship is not increasing our bank balance or impacting our daily routine or anything goals we are pursuing. Why should I cry about anything. I have seen people losing their emotional control looking at the frustrated Post from someone else. Protect your mind from Junk ! If a citizenship application is going to shake my tree like I have no self control, then how am I going to handle anything in life.

c This can be as GOOD as I want to make it, or as BAD as I want to make it. It is in the attitude.

We are very proud to be part of Canada. This country gives me privileges that a large number of countries can't. For us, being a Canadian is a privilege and responsibility, not a Right ! We will work hard to keep it that way.

We wish fellow upcoming Canadians to be the same.

As our journey to immigration coming to an end, we wish everyone in process the best and I know you are getting your test/oath soon.

Ask, Believe, Receive !

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
What is a Program Support Unit? Did you change your name recently, before or after the application?
It was not even a name change. I had the issue of name split where I wanted to split my first name and last name.No other choice, so had to select name change which is what triggered the referral.

greatdominion

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hi folks,

I finally received the test invite and wrote the exam on sep 20th, status is now showing as decision made

Plz update the spreadsheet
Test invite letter: 08/24th
Test date: 09/20th
Decision made: 09/21st

Quick question: is Decision made means that IRCC won’t ask for other documents and I just have to wait for oath letter ?

Thank you guys and good luck for all