+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
ECAS updated with oath date and time but I haven't received any mail/email. What should I do if I don't receive any communication before my oath date?
Does it matter? All that matters is that you're on the lsil for oath on that day. At worst you show up with a print out of your ECAS page and let yhrt sort it out .

Congratulations btw

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

Please add my timeline to the sheet. We are a family application of 4 applied in Mississauga and did our test in Scarborough. Today I sent a web inquiry about the status of our application. After passing the test and during the interview the officer asked for translated passport stamps for me and my wife and a police certificate from home country for my wife. All documents provided and received by them on July 31st 2018. The officer indicated during the interview that the oath will be scheduled once received we will schedule your oath ceremony. Application is still in process and we are still waiting.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 16, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 7, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on May 8, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 6, 2018 at 10:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment,
Thank you all,
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

Finally got my test invite.. and wrote the exam on 7th Sep.

Status is showing as Decision made... Plz update my time lines

APP Received : 19 Oct, 2017
ACK Received : 25 Nov, 2017
IN Process : 15 Dec, 2017
Test Invite : 15 Aug, 2018
Test Date : 07 Sep, 2018
Decision Made: 09 Sep, 2018

Thank you everyone! and all the best for the ones who are waiting for the exam.
Updated. Congrats!!

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks,

I finally received the test invite and wrote the exam on sep 20th, status is now showing as decision made

Plz update the spreadsheet
Test invite letter: 08/24th
Test date: 09/20th
Decision made: 09/21st

Quick question: is Decision made means that IRCC won’t ask for other documents and I just have to wait for oath letter ?

Thank you guys and good luck for all
Updated. Congrats!!

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi please update the spreadsheet
Sent application November 9th
AOR December 22
In process January 15
Test invite February 23
Test date March 21
Decision made September 21

Still waiting for oath.... They took it so long to make a decision on my case don't know why... Also they asked for my medical record and exit entry report from USA border agency ...
Updated.

maverickdexter

Star Member
May 30, 2018
After 11 months of submitting my application, I got another letter from IRCC asking for Entry/Exit records from UK. They asked me to submit within 30 days. Form no is CIT 0520. Entry/Exit records is checked in the form.
I was unable to submit this with my RQ/QA documents.
Thanks for the update! Can you tell us why were you unable to provide the entry exit records for UK before?

jeff.torbain

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
I'm done good people.
Became a citizen on 21 Sept.
Thanks everyone for being here for me.

I depart you with this:
As you might remember my application was suspended right after my test.
I came here for some advice and I got a long response from @dpenabill ... I've seen this user also dish out advice to others ... the only thing I have to say is that TAKE DPENABILL's OWN ADVICE and don't take his advice as the gospel. I almost had a heart attack when he blew my issue way out of proportion. My case DID go back to me leaving out a flag poling from the list of my trips. My file ended up with a Citizenship judge to assess my residency. I was asked to fill in a form and send some docs over. It was resolved and I was soon after sent for Oath.

Another thing ... we pay for the salary of the IRCC staff and Immigration Officers with our taxes ... make sure you hold them responsible to their job commitments. If you feel discriminated against or see that they are abusing their power in any way, voice your concern. They have to be kept accountable. If anyone performs as poorly in a private company, they won't last a day. There is no reason for me and my family to pay for poor service (and indefinitely, considering they get pension too)

Good luck on your journey

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
I'm done good people.

I depart you with this:
I came here for some advice and I got a long response from @dpenabill ... I've seen this user also dish out advice to others ... the only thing I have to say is that TAKE DPENABILL's OWN ADVICE and don't take his advice as the gospel. I almost had a heart attack when he blew my issue way out of proportion. My case DID go back to me leaving out a flag poling from the list of my trips. My file ended up with a Citizenship judge to assess my residency. I was asked to fill in a form and send some docs over. It was resolved and I was soon after sent for Oath.

Another thing ... we pay for the salary of the IRCC staff and Immigration Officers with our taxes ... make sure you hold them responsible to their job commitments. If you feel discriminated against or see that they are abusing their power in any way, voice your concern. They have to be kept accountable. If anyone performs as poorly in a private company, they won't last a day. There is no reason for me and my family to pay for poor service (and indefinitely, considering they get pension too)

Thanks Jeff, did you have to ask for a hearing yourself after you saw suspended status?

You didn't have any additional buffer days I assume?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
I'm done good people.

I depart you with this:

Congrats; and wow! I had to click your ID and read all your previous posts to know more about your case. Good to know that all ended well with you my friend. Cheers and all the best for your future endeavors buddy!

Reactions: jeff.torbain

Aten

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
My Status changed to Decision Made from Sept 7th. But no Oath invite yet. Whats the usual timeline? My file was at Mississauga but Test was moved to Scarborough. Where will be my Oath. Any idea?