+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
I got oath email yesterday (17 Sep) for oath on 9 Oct. I had already told them about my vacation till Dec (through web form in Jun) and also re-iterated the same in my interview in August. The interviewer took note of my dates. Also, during my interview, interviewer said it will take 4 months for oath.

Now, I replied to the oath email stating that I cant attend until Dec. Hope they re-schedule my oath ceremony.

crozy

Oct 6, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am an October applicant who still hasn't even received a test invite (In process since Jan 15). I'd been holding off planning a long trip abroad (roughly 3 weeks) for the last couple of months as I didn't want to be outside the country in case I got FP requests, test invite etc.

I was optimistic that I'd be a citizen by my application anniversary (October 2018) but that is becoming less and less likely. I also have vacation days saved up for the year that I have to use.

I'm thinking of going abroad in November 2018. What would the ramifications of me being abroad be if I was to receive any request from IRCC while away? Is rescheduling easy? Would I be a priority in the test invite queue? Would rescheduling push me back by months?

I'm simply dreading the possibility that I'll receive a test invite the day after I book a flight abroad and then I'll have to wait another 8 months for a second test date.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Hello everyone,

I am an October applicant who still hasn't even received a test invite (In process since Jan 15). I'd been holding off planning a long trip abroad (roughly 3 weeks) for the last couple of months as I didn't want to be outside the country in case I got FP requests, test invite etc.

I was optimistic that I'd be a citizen by my application anniversary (October 2018) but that is becoming less and less likely. I also have vacation days saved up for the year that I have to use.

I'm thinking of going abroad in November 2018. What would the ramifications of me being abroad be if I was to receive any request from IRCC while away? Is rescheduling easy? Would I be a priority in the test invite queue? Would rescheduling push me back by months?

I'm simply dreading the possibility that I'll receive a test invite the day after I book a flight abroad and then I'll have to wait another 8 months for a second test date.
Book your trip, advise them of the dates of travel via the webform, and hope for the best. It's what IRCC say you should do in this case, but as you can see by the post just before yours, they don't always pay attention and schedule accordingly. I wouldn't worry about an FP or document request if you're only away for a few weeks. You'd have time to respond to the request when you got home. (Although it could be a scramble.)

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
Hello everyone,

I am in process since Jan14 and I got no test invite. I feel with you. We wanted to visit family overseas but we are waiting for the test. It's very frustrating and I do not believe they finish the application in three weeks. As my

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
Hi, I finally called the call centre and it seems that my second invitation was scheduled again to Toronto and I won't be able to attend. They told me that they were going to put a note to send the file Ottawa as apparently it hasn't been done. I guess I can't do anything else than wait. They won't be able to move my file and send new invitation before the one that I already have has passed.

AJL

Mar 13, 2018
Hello Guys,

Finally I got Test Invitation today via email after long long waiting since this January.

Test date is Oct 1, 2018 and location is Kitchener.

Please update. Thank you.

Reactions: egghead and salimnw

foxy75

Dec 6, 2017
Kelowna
Hi all,

Please update spreadsheet;

Decision made: August 21st
Status change and letters received: August 30th
Oath ceremony: September 21st

It's about to get real this week.

Thank you!

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got oath email yesterday (17 Sep) for oath on 9 Oct. I had already told them about my vacation till Dec (through web form in Jun) and also re-iterated the same in my interview in August. The interviewer took note of my dates. Also, during my interview, interviewer said it will take 4 months for oath.

Now, I replied to the oath email stating that I cant attend until Dec. Hope they re-schedule my oath ceremony.
Updated. Congrats!!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
(1)Is rescheduling easy? (2)Would I be a priority in the test invite queue? (3)Would rescheduling push me back by months?
1. Yes. Just a matter of webform &/or calling the CSR #.
2. No. Getting a priority service from IRCC is an extreme rarity.
3. Very likely. Every step has a queue. And you'd fall back in line.

Suggestion: Pls hang in there and do not make plans until you receive your Canadian passport, unless there's an emergency. You have waited for long already - it's just a matter of a few more days. And do not contact IRCC with your plans for vacation ~ your case could take a considerable delay.

As an Oct-2017 applicant you're still very likely to make it by October this year. There have been plenty of cases whose test/interview and oath were done on the same day, if not within 48-hrs apart. For cases who were nearing the 12-months threshold. I'd suggest sending them a webform enquiring the progress of your case since it is already 11 months now. It could trigger some activity unless your case is held-up with BG checks. But remember, mention 11-months, but don't mention an impending vacation in that webform enquiry.

Reactions: salimnw