+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

time1976

Oct 17, 2023
Looking at the entire fiasco of Visa suspension, then entry visa resumption (no e-visa, mind you), the conspiracy theorist in me can't help but think - who benefited the most from this? None other than BLS. Visa was the only service they didn't/couldn't provide because of e-visa. Now that the entry visa is fast becoming the replacement of e-visa (and the only option for some desperate folks), BLS's monopoly, at least in Canada, has been firmly established for the time being.

Otherwise there is no logical explanation for this Tughlakian dumpster fire

Reactions: softwaretesting

bigdaddy2412

Jan 11, 2015
Thumb impression one pg 1 (in the box below the photo space) and pg 2. Also countersign by parents on page 2. See here for anntotated sample form from BLS:
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/VISA-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf

I believe, you can get passport back by making a request -- need 2 days notice or some such and reason. I never tried.

"Applications for Visa and Passport Surrender at Bldg#60, All other applications at Bldg#40 Gillingham Drive, Brampton, ON." quoting from BLS site: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/contact.php
Thanks for your reply. But when I fill the online form, there is no option to upload the signature as it was on OCI application. Are you saying that we print the application form and then have the children put their thumb impression? It is never mentioned in the check list.
Can you please confirm?
Anyone who applied for a minor, please let me know. I am going to BLS in couple of hours.

Thanks
Vishal K

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Thanks for your reply. But when I fill the online form, there is no option to upload the signature as it was on OCI application. Are you saying that we print the application form and then have the children put their thumb impression? It is never mentioned in the check list.
Can you please confirm?
Anyone who applied for a minor, please let me know. I am going to BLS in couple of hours.

Thanks
Vishal K
Yes print and affix thumbprint, sign etc. This is not OCI.
You are on wrong thread -- lots of related discussion on https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/entry-visa-india.825706

mr .j

Mar 1, 2018
Hello , my file status is as follows -

file submitted walkin at Calgary

OCI website :-
Acknowledgement- 15 Sep
Document(OCI)printing status - processed 19 oct
Document(OCI)recieved at VAN - 19 Oct

BLS Website :-
Status - (Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping)

i Have not received my OCI card at Home yet , what this all means or do i have to collect from BLS Office ??

please advise

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello , my file status is as follows -

file submitted walkin at Calgary

OCI website :-
Acknowledgement- 15 Sep
Document(OCI)printing status - processed 19 oct
Document(OCI)recieved at VAN - 19 Oct

BLS Website :-
Status - (Passport ready For Collection after OCI stamping)

i Have not received my OCI card at Home yet , what this all means or do i have to collect from BLS Office ??

please advise
BLS website message is for pickup. Did you pay for delivery?

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Apologies if I am asking a rhetorical question, but are we allowed to apply for OCI on spouse's behalf? We have 2 minor kids at home and I want to apply for my wife's OCI (as entry visa is being processed) so that it can get processed at its own pace while we are in India.. of course it would be easier if I can go and submit my wife's application while she stays at home with the kids..@eas2lv @abbas.pasha

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Apologies if I am asking a rhetorical question, but are we allowed to apply for OCI on spouse's behalf? We have 2 minor kids at home and I want to apply for my wife's OCI (as entry visa is being processed) so that it can get processed at its own pace while we are in India.. of course it would be easier if I can go and submit my wife's application while she stays at home with the kids..@eas2lv @abbas.pasha
I suggest you stay with the kids :) ..

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
You can but try and understand if BLS a new set of photo to or missing signature then will be extra run
Bhaag Sapru Bhaag

Last edited:

Positivevibes9

Apr 21, 2022
Toronto don't have appointments from 8 to 9 am is it for entry visa too or just oci. Sorry I have been posting everywhere. I'm confused and stressed out.