+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

zaidbobat

Mar 8, 2019
Timeline for My Entry Visa Application

I submitted two entry visa applications for a minor and one entry visa for myself, along with passport surrender at BLS Toronto on November 1st. The entry visa was processed and printed on the entry visa website on November 4th. Now, I'm patiently waiting for the return of my passport.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Timeline for My Entry Visa Application

I submitted two entry visa applications for a minor and one entry visa for myself, along with passport surrender at BLS Toronto on November 1st. The entry visa was processed and printed on the entry visa website on November 4th. Now, I'm patiently waiting for the return of my passport.
Why are you posting entry visa timeline on a OCI thread ?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
$345 + $7.40 is correct -- the former should be payable to CGI, the latter to BLS.
I would suggest to stick with BLS's preferred courier (Purolator) -- a number of people have faced issues using Canada Post instead of Purolator.
If concerned about courier cost, you can use one way courier and opt to collect the document when ready. Lines for collection is not that bad. Someone who used courier recently may have better advice.
Thank you . Can I use same draft of $7.4 if end up walkin to center instead of postal applicaiton?

Asking because I saw they gave debit or cash option for walkin but draft option for postal... even though it's not big amount but why to waste it if I create draft for postal but don't do it later as postal..

bigdaddy2412

Jan 11, 2015
Hi Guys
Thanks for your inputs. I have a question. I have applied for OCI for my two daughters born in Canada but I am not sure whether I will get them next week as it is still under processing. Is it possible for me to apply for Entry visa for both of them? They hold Canadian passport. Are they eligible? And if I apply on Monday do you guys think I will get them by the weekend?

Thanks

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi Guys
Thanks for your inputs. I have a question. I have applied for OCI for my two daughters born in Canada but I am not sure whether I will get them next week as it is still under processing. Is it possible for me to apply for Entry visa for both of them? They hold Canadian passport. Are they eligible? And if I apply on Monday do you guys think I will get them by the weekend?

Thanks
Your daughters are eligible for entry visa if they are eligible for OCI.
Toronto location right? A rough estimate is 5 to 6 working days for entry visa based very little data. There is a concerted effort at the CGI to expedite visa -- they have been processing in 2 days of receipt from BLS.
If you want to apply and have no appt. for Monday, consider tomorrow (Sunday) walk-in to Brampton or Toronto BLS. The application will then reach CGI on Monday (hopefully) and you save a day.
Your Nov 13 flight is still very close, but entry visa is your best chance. In any case, if you have to postpone, you will know by Friday.

sainis8184

Nov 2, 2023
Information for folks here: I’m currently at the Toronto Bls. They are going to be open tomorrow and will only take walk ins. Best bet for anyone to get in queue if the need is urgent

sainis8184

Nov 2, 2023
Just got done with a 36 hour marathon and finished my walk in entry visa application at Toronto for my infant. We already have our oci applied (21 Oct walk in). Since we had Dec 11th tickets and thanks to this forum and guidance from @eas2lv and few others, I got clarity on this. I was told at the end that we should be getting the visa stamped passport in 7-10 days. Also, the consulate is open tomorrow entertaining only walks ins. Might be worth exploring for people in need. They said that around 100 walks ins or so will be entertained.

Reactions: eas2lv

Kaushal1986

Jan 17, 2018
How many days does it take for the OCI to reach home after being processed on the OCI website? Also, how much time before an update on the BLS website as my OCI got processed on 3rd Nov but no update on BLS website yet.

Last edited:

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got done with a 36 hour marathon and finished my walk in entry visa application at Toronto for my infant. We already have our oci applied (21 Oct walk in). Since we had Dec 11th tickets and thanks to this forum and guidance from @eas2lv and few others, I got clarity on this. I was told at the end that we should be getting the visa stamped passport in 7-10 days. Also, the consulate is open tomorrow entertaining only walks ins. Might be worth exploring for people in need. They said that around 100 walks ins or so will be entertained.
Those sitting in Delhi are really dumb. Earlier they closed visas, many missed important visits, many missed Navratri & many will miss Diwali now. & Then all of sudden govt is asking staff to work overtime to give visas. While nothing has changed on the ground.

Reactions: eas2lv