+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

ramneek22

Oct 26, 2023
@ramneek22 .. Whats the update on pick up?
@ramneek22 .. Whats the update on pick up?
Very glad to tell you all that I got my daughter's OCI just in the nick of time. It couldnt have been closer. Im flying on 6th Nov i,e, Monday. Thst status on the site still not changed and we took our chance. Thankfully our OCI was there at BLS office.
Thanks to all the members for their continued support.

Reactions: forw.jane

Hemusharma51

May 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Nomination.....
May-18
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Does anybody submit entry Visa application in Winnipeg?
Guys for Entry visa application for Minor do we need to submit some attested Birth certificate also

ankurbhatia17

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I need a suggestion: My oath for canadian citizenship is on 8 Nov 2023, I have booked tickets to India on 19 Feb 2024, Is it safe to get the oath? Should I delay my oath?
How long does it take to get surrender certificate?

What should I do?
Get the oath apply for surrender certificate and Apply OCI
Get the oath, apply for surrender certificate and apply for entry visa
Delay my citizenship oath
Bro My name, timeline and plans are same as yours

8Everything

Nov 14, 2017
India
New OCI application update:

Date Of Acknowledgment13-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberXXXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn03-NOV-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn04-NOV-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn04-NOV-2023

Reactions: eas2lv

ankurbhatia17

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Lol.. Birthdate same too? Mine is 20 Oct :D

Anyway, I have decided to take the oath, lets hope for the best.
Mine is April. I too have travel plans in Feb but my return is uncertain so am not sure if there is a way to apply for OCI while in India. Anyways my oath is Nov 8th 10.15AM

Sk5142

Oct 11, 2023
Do you guys think I should apply for tourist visa? BecauseI have have to fly by nov 9th latest. I had my tickets for nov 6th which ofcourse i would have to postpone now.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Do you guys think I should apply for tourist visa? BecauseI have have to fly by nov 9th latest. I had my tickets for nov 6th which ofcourse i would have to postpone now.
There is no tourist or evisa application at the moment.
Entry visa is only available but it will take a few days before it gets processed and you have to submit your passport for visa stamping
You will not be able to

Sk5142

Oct 11, 2023
Sorry i mean entry visa.
I am so confused right now, i was expecting processed status on friday, but it did not come.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Sorry i mean entry visa.
I am so confused right now, i was expecting processed status on friday, but it did not come.
If you get "processed" and "printed" update on 6th you could try pick it up from the consulate on the same day or 7th. Show some proof of urgency. Alternatively from BLS on 7th or 8th.
Very iffy and tense, but worth a try.

Positivevibes9

Apr 21, 2022
Anyone walked in Brampton or Toronto for entry visa. What's the best time to go there to get turn as I don't have appointment as my travel date is 22. I don't think I'll be getting my Oci on time.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Can someone please confirm fees for new oci of minor...

On bls website it said two drafts of $345 and $7.4.. but in another pdf of bls it is saying $425 for fresh application so confused with that..

Also how much bls charge for courier if I use their courier..? Other wise can I use my own courier like canadapost which is cheaper?

Last edited:

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Cam someone please confirm fees for new oci of minor...

On bls website it said two drafts of $345 and $7.4.. but in another pdf of bls it is saying $425 for fresh application so confused with that..

Also how much bls charge for courier if I use their courier..? Other wise can I use my own courier like canadapost which is cheaper?
$345 + $7.40 is correct -- the former should be payable to CGI, the latter to BLS.
I would suggest to stick with BLS's preferred courier (Purolator) -- a number of people have faced issues using Canada Post instead of Purolator.
If concerned about courier cost, you can use one way courier and opt to collect the document when ready. Lines for collection is not that bad. Someone who used courier recently may have better advice.

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
It doesn't look like anyone is having any issues in getting the OCI these days, right? As in extra documentation requests or something like that.

Mine has been under process with acknowledgement date : Oct 11. Hoping to see a positive update to the application soon.