+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

fshaik

Oct 3, 2023
In the best case it will get processed on Nov 22 which is a Wednesday. You can try to get an appt. for the open house in the consulate that day, show your urgency and try to pick it up from there.
Otherwise, try your luck with BLS -- its a hit and miss as they are totally unreliable as it happened with @farooq.ind two days back. You can search here posts by @farooq.ind and responses to it starting last Friday to see what I mean.

In short it can be done, but you have to know how to deal with BLS. I think @fshaik successfully managed to change courier to pick up and get it from BLS Brampton early last week: see https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/page-1123#post-10645208 and related posts
@csvinayak You have to visit the BLS during pickup hours and stand in line for "Enquiries" normally very short line then ask them to change it tp Strictly Pick up so that you can pick it up yourself after 2 days of status says processed. When you change the delivery to pick up no refund will be provided also you can see a comment in BLS site.

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Thumb impression one pg 1 (in the box below the photo space) and pg 2. Also countersign by parents on page 2. See here for anntotated sample form from BLS:
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/VISA-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf

I believe, you can get passport back by making a request -- need 2 days notice or some such and reason. I never tried.

"Applications for Visa and Passport Surrender at Bldg#60, All other applications at Bldg#40 Gillingham Drive, Brampton, ON." quoting from BLS site: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/contact.php
If you get OCI earlier, and you need PPort back, you can go to CGI two days in advance and make a written request and they will ask you to come back in the afternoon or next day to collect your passport. i checked with the consulate on this directly myself.

Reactions: ghkn0002

ps422

Oct 13, 2023
Apologies if I am asking a rhetorical question, but are we allowed to apply for OCI on spouse's behalf? We have 2 minor kids at home and I want to apply for my wife's OCI (as entry visa is being processed) so that it can get processed at its own pace while we are in India.. of course it would be easier if I can go and submit my wife's application while she stays at home with the kids..@eas2lv @abbas.pasha
Yes, I did this for my husband and kids while he was at work.

Reactions: Sapru

Ankit003

Dec 11, 2019
I did not. Walk in. Reached 2am Friday. Was 18th. They let in only 9 and I chose to stay back in line with my bro taking turns in line. Not sure if this helps though. Each day is different. Also, they are working this Sunday and letting in only walks ins. Yet again, this is only info I heard for Toronto location
Hi ! I plan to go for the walk-in tomorrow as well. From the entire line up how many people do they take for entry visa? Is it only 9 like you said?

trickshot555

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Submitted my OCI application on Wednesday. Appointment at 9am, was done in 20mins. Very smooth process.

No lines waiting outside at Vancouver BLS. There were some people in the waiting room but it wasn't looking too bad- think 1-2hrs wait to see someone.

DrCanada55

Aug 19, 2020
Chandigarh India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
05 July 2019
AOR Received.
5th August 2019
Hello everyone
Is there a tracker for OCI Vancouver
I had applied for my daughter on 29th September,2023
Acknowledgement on OCI website is 11th October
We have a flight on 16th November and there hasn’t been any further update on BLS or OCI website- except- under process

honeyscorpius

Nov 2, 2023
I got this status for one of my minor's application and for second one same Akd date but still under process. We are booked for Nov 15 to fly. What do you suggest. Still looks good or should be moving the dates ?
Date Of Acknowledgment13-OCT-2023
Registration Status at MissionTORONTO
OCI- NumberXXXXXXXX
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn03-NOV-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn03-NOV-2023
Document received AtTORONTOOn03-NOV-

think0911

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Same thing with me... No update on 2nd oci application, still under process
One application got processed on 3rd nov.
both has same ack day 13th sept.
Is it normal?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I got this status for one of my minor's application and for second one same Akd date but still under process. We are booked for Nov 15 to fly. What do you suggest. Still looks good or should be moving the dates ?
OCI- NumberXXXXXXXX
Imho it’s tight but looks good

Reactions: honeyscorpius

think0911

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
OCI- NumberXXXXXXXX
I think you are good, you will get it both oci in this week itself.

Mistry123

Feb 23, 2017
Hi There,
My OCI File status is below.

File submitted at BLS office walk-in.

Date of Acknowledgement:-17/Oct-2023

Still in under process and I booked my ticket for 13th Nov. what should I need to do? Please advise.